NJ NJ - Lisa McBride, 27, Vernon Twp, 23 Jun 1990

Is there anyway to get info from law enforcement to research? I have read over the years.

@Liz22012 you can file a FOIA request with the County and the Vernon Twp PD, but as her case is still open it will be very redacted and they will limit what information they release.

@Liz22012 you can file a FOIA request with the County and the Vernon Twp PD, but as her case is still open it will be very redacted and they will limit what information they release.

Hello, the county denied all paperwork. I wonder if Vernon would give any information.

I'm surprised they denied ALL of the reports. I figured they would have given you the basics with everything else blacked out. I'm assuming they denied it because it is still an "open" homicide investigation.

I'm surprised they denied ALL of the reports. I figured they would have given you the basics with everything else blacked out. I'm assuming they denied it because it is still an "open" homicide investigation.

I am too. I was going to try and push for something. Yes it is open but also a 31 year old case. I think they can black out certain things but provide something.

I am too. I was going to try and push for something. Yes it is open but also a 31 year old case. I think they can black out certain things but provide something.

Did they provide you with the reason for the denial?

Did they provide you with the reason for the denial?

Yes, Your request is vague and overbroad. OPRA requires that you make a request for a specific record (ie complaint, indictment, police report) and not just a request for general information.
and it is an open case.

You could try the Vernon Police and see if you can access their file, be specific and request the "Investigation" and any "Supplemental" reports. I do not believe NJ releases photographs, medical examiner report, officer notes on any open cases. Good Luck and keep us posted.

You could try the Vernon Police and see if you can access their file, be specific and request the "Investigation" and any "Supplemental" reports. I do not believe NJ releases photographs, medical examiner report, officer notes on any open cases. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Thank you. I will and will let you know. Have you tried to get information for a case before? If you had were you able to obtain the information?

I have filed FOIA requests before and have been successful, but they were not pertaining to any open cases, it was for statistical purposes. I worked for years in LE before requests were easily filed, but my old supervisor was in charge of them once the Act was passed and I have seen reports that were sent out that literally would look like a sheet of black paper because everything on the page was redacted except for the most basic information.

I have filed FOIA requests before and have been successful, but they were not pertaining to any open cases, it was for statistical purposes. I worked for years in LE before requests were easily filed, but my old supervisor was in charge of them once the Act was passed and I have seen reports that were sent out that literally would look like a sheet of black paper because everything on the page was redacted except for the most basic information.

Okay thanks.

She was a victim of Serial Killer Joel Rifkin. Her remains were found scattered about in different parts of New Jersey.
Thinking a little more about this. Joel Rifkin did dispose of parts of one victim in Pequannock Creek, near Jefferson Twp. (but not really). He lived on Long Island, dumped most of his victims closer to the NYC area, dismembered or otherwise mutilated them to avoid identification, and targeted prostitutes. I think it's unlikely his MO changed so much for only one murder.

@NJEverCurious - I do not believe Lisa was a victim of Joel Rifkin. I think that Rifkin was a murderer of convenience - hired/picked up prostitutes and disposed of them when he was finished.

Lisa was last seen at her home, after a night out with friends. I sadly think that she knew her murderer.

@NJEverCurious - I do not believe Lisa was a victim of Joel Rifkin. I think that Rifkin was a murderer of convenience - hired/picked up prostitutes and disposed of them when he was finished.

Lisa was last seen at her home, after a night out with friends. I sadly think that she knew her murderer.
I agree that's the most likely scenario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back