NJ - Mallory Grossman, 12, committed suicide after cyberbullying, family sues school, Rockaway Twp., June 2017 *settled $9m*

No, IMO. Family is entitled to use it however they wish.

Legally, yes. However, in a totally different case and a very large settlement from the hospital, MOO - prior lawsuits from the family should be taken into account. There might be a certain concern. It doesn't apply to this case, though.

On a practical note, a huge settlement from any public institution, be it a school, a hospital or a pharmacy, might lead to them getting out of business and all neighborhood having no access to healthcare or education at all.

Please understand that today girl on girl bullying is more subtle but probably FAR more dangerous.
Prairie Fire, you've rolled away the stone sealing the cave where my Shadow hides from me. Thank you. It's not just "today" when girls bully other girls. I am proof.

My school years were spent in a prestigious private school for girls. We were privileged. We were refined "Young Ladies".

There were about 35 students in our class, and apart from a couple of students leaving the school and perhaps a couple of new girls joining us, we progressed through the grades, from kindergarten to Grade 12, as a unit.
We were stuck with each other, which meant the two children targeted for bullying were relentlessly attacked throughout their entire elementary and high school years. By us, the "In Group."

Since reading of Mallory's unbearable pain and the agony and sorrow of all who love her, I've been trying to remember what part I played in the cruelty we meted out way back in the 'forties and 'fifties.

Doubtless, conveniently, I only remember one incident: It was my idea that we phone — I don't know exactly how many, maybe eight or ten plumbers — and have them all show up on the same afternoon to repair a toilet at the home of one of our victims.

It's too late to make amends to the damaged child and her poor parents. And the plumbers.

Fay's parents would now be dead, and I'm on the other side of the world, not able to recall Fay's surname to try and trace her.

I'm so sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back