NJ NJ - Montague, Wht/Hisp/BlkFem 13-20, UP1772, rainbow jeans, poss stocky build, good teeth, Jun'80

It's the dismemberment thing that struck me. That's not terribly common.
Then there is the proximity to Jersey City, the timeframes, their ages, their descriptions are similar, both with bedsheets at the scenes ......
I don't know. It seems worth looking at him in this one.

I've been wrong before tho o_O

Yeah, there's certainly enough to deserve a second look.

(This is the other case I wonder if might be related: PA - PA - Dowingtown, Wht/HispFem 147UFPA, 18-40, dismembered, in suitcase, Jul'95)

Sussex County Jane Doe, Found 24 June 1980

(from Unidentified):
Discovered
June 24, 1980
Unidentified for 40 years
Sex Female
Location High Point State Park, New Jersey
Age 13-20
Race White/Hispanic/Black
Height 5' - 5' 2"
Body condition Skeletal
Postmortem interval 1-5 years
Cause of death Suspected homicide

(From Doe Network):
Date of Discovery: June 24, 1980
Location of Discovery: Montague, Sussex County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: Years prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 13-20 years old
Race: Unknown. Most likely White and/or Hispanic with possible Black admixture.
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0" to 5'2"
Weight: Unknown. Possibly of stocky build.
Hair: Naturally dark brown, dyed sandy blond. Straight and about 6" long.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals
: Available. Teeth in good condition. Some teeth have a star shaped molar crevice pattern. No dental work. All four third molars (wisdom teeth) are still in the developing phase with incomplete root formation.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Blue jeans with 8 different, multicolor threads down front and back of left leg. Investigators had no luck in finding the manufacturer, but the unusual pattern on the pants may be a helpful clue. 34-35 waist, 29-30 inseam.
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent was found in a State Park, located in North New Jersey within five miles of Route 84 (East to West). The bones lay in the woods, only 300 feet from Route 23 in Montague, near the Wantage border. The skeleton had been scattered by animals digging in and around five plastic garbage bags.

The bones included arms, legs and a skull. But they had been severed from the rest of the body with a saw. The torso was never found.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Morris Tri-County Medical Examiner Office
Contact Person: Anna Delaney
Phone Number: 973-829-8270 or 609-584-5054 ext: 5656
E-Mail: mcme(at)co.morris.nj.us
Agency Case Number: A-80-59

Agency Name:
Sussex County Sheriff's Office
Phone Number: 973-579-0850
Agency Case Number: H208028

Agency Name: New Jersey State Police
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 609-584-5051 ext. 5656
Agency E-Mail: missingp(at)gw.njsp.org

NCIC Case Number: U640825556
NamUs Case Number: 1772

Information Source(s)
NamUs
New Jersey State Police
The New Jersey Herald
Sussex County Jane Doe (1980)
252UFNJ

Is anyone else wondering if this case cold be related to the same "alleged" killer in Beth Doe (Evelyn Colon) case?
I was totally thinking that!!! And also the other girl in the suit case!

I wonder if both of them Left with a mysterious boyfriend too??

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP40519Eva Norma Valles, Female, Hispanic / Latino
Date of Last ContactJune 22, 1975
Missing FromChicago, Illinois

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age65 Years
First NameEva
Middle NameNorma
Last NameValles
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height. 5' 0" - 5' 4" (60 - 64 Inches)
Weight 140 - 160 lbs
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino

this girls stats sort of line up

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• 38D3350A-63A6-4D92-83D1-BA950AF773F2.jpeg
    38D3350A-63A6-4D92-83D1-BA950AF773F2.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
252UFNJ.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified Biracial Female

• Found on June 24, 1980, in High Point State Park near Route 84 - New York and Pennsylvania.
    • Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1975
    • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 20 years old. (dob 1958-1962)
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'2"
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White with some other unknown nationality. Brown hair dyed blonde. Short and chubby.
    • Clothing: Blue jeans with 8 different multi-color threads down front and back of left leg. Investigators had no luck in finding the manufacturer, but the unusual pattern on the pants may be a helpful clue.
    • Dentals: Available. Teeth are in good condition. Some teeth have a star shaped molar crevice pattern. No dental work.
Case History

The skeletal remains of a dismembered body were found on June 24, 1980.
It was dumped in a State Park, located in North New Jersey within five (5) miles of Route 84 (East to West). The bones lay in the woods. Only 300 feet from Route 23 in Montague near the Wantage border, the skeleton pieces had been scattered by animals digging in and around five plastic garbage bags.

The bones included arms, legs and a skull. But they had been severed from the rest of the body with a saw. The torso was never found. A state forensic anthropologist analyzed the bones and determined the person was a female Caucasian, most likely Hispanic. She is a possible homicide victim.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Sussex County Sheriff's Office
973-579-0850

NCIC Number: U-640825556

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The New Jersey State Police
The New Jersey Herald
The Doenetwork Case File 252UFNJ

LINK:

252UFNJ
Has she been cross referenced with Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron? Strong possibility.

Has she been cross referenced with Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron? Strong possibility.

Bringing this up for you. @CarlK90245 first came up with a possible match between Pinkie en this Jane Doe and called it in. He wrote about it earlier in this thread. Post #16, 17, 18 upthread.

I'm not sure what became of it. He wrote this among other info about it:

Given the additional info on Pinkie's dental situation, I went ahead and submitted Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron as a possible match to this case. Pinkie was not reported missing until decades later when her now-adult daughters decided to file a MP report. The two daughters have submitted DNA.

Cassandra said that High-Point Jane Doe was not on her list of UID cases for which Pinkie was ruled-out. That list consists of about 30 names.

She added that TX DPS does not list their rule-outs in NamUs, and the only way to determine whether someone has been ruled out is to call them and ask.

Maybe you could give them a call or send a personal message to CarlK. Maybe he can remember and knows more. It would be interesting to know what the 30 names are on the list, where Pinkie is ruled out being the UID.

In Pinkies own thread there are only a few UID's named and there are a lot from VA listed. They did "a catching up" in the last years, comparing all there UID's with missing persons, that's the reason for that.

Hé, @Mrs. Badcrumble you already posted I see. :) Thanks.

Last edited:
The problem with this UI is that there isn't enough biological material to make any comparisons that way. That's based on information directly from NJSP.

That's to bad because for Pinkie there are no dentals available, although she has a distinctive gap between her front teeth shown in her pictures. The question is off course what is not enough. Othram was able to identify somebody with the smallest amount of of biological material ever in history. They had just .12 nanograms of DNA to test in the Isaacson case. In other words, they were tasked with finding a killer based on the smallest DNA sample ever used in finding her killer. Who knows....maybe it's still possible.

That's to bad because for Pinkie there are no dentals available, although she has a distinctive gap between her front teeth shown in her pictures. The question is off course what is not enough. Othram was able to identify somebody with the smallest amount of of biological material ever in history. They had just .12 nanograms of DNA to test in the Isaacson case. In other words, they were tasked with finding a killer based on the smallest DNA sample ever used in finding her killer. Who knows....maybe it's still possible.
I'm with you. I hope that as technology advances, there may come a time when the available evidence is "enough." But as of just a couple years ago, the person at NJSP in charge of this UI stated they don't have enough biological evidence to make any comparisons.

I guess there are a number of ways to look at this, but it does leave me with questions. The NamUs record says there was hair recovered. If the hair has roots, there should be DNA. With bones, I would think they could probably still get some DNA. I just wonder whether it's a matter of cost or something. If she has been interred somewhere, then there's the cost of exhuming her, collecting the DNA, etc. But they also have clothing, so I wonder why they don't send that out for touch DNA analysis. The only answer I can come up with is that it must be the cost.

SO... I wonder whether they would consider something like this, DNAsolves.com, crowd-funded DNA testing that appears to have solved a significant portion of the cases they receive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinabluemoon
Back