NJ NJ - Newark, BlkFem 18-40, UP17575, Tattoos: Tiara, Purple Rose, 3 Stars on Neck, Mar'18

No mention of tattoos, but am I seeing things or is there something on her neck?? She does look like a good match! Ears look really similar, eyebrow shape... I wish there were images of the UID’s teeth. I think it’s worth submitting!

(Just created a thread for Mitchelle btw: TX - TX - Michelle Deborah Hicks, 25, Wharton, 12 July 2014 )

Yes, I thought the same about the ears. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything more about Toi besides this picture. There are no tattoos mentioned for Toi, but of course she could have got one and took others after she went missing. She looks "fresh", the same "thing" Jane Doe somehow has. Thanks for making the thread for Michelle.

According to her Doe Network file there is DNA for Toi. Are there identifiers for Jane Doe?

Last edited:
Yes, I thought the same about the ears. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything more about Toi besides this picture. There are no tattoos mentioned for Toi, but of course she could have got one and took others after she went missing. She looks "fresh", the same "thing" Jane Doe somehow has. Thanks for making the thread for Michelle.

According to her Doe Network file there is DNA for Toi. Are there identifiers for Jane Doe?
None that I’ve seen...but that doesn’t mean it’s not listed somewhere.

OT Your avatar makes me sad...the little cupcake sweetie face.

Yes, her sad little face breaks my heart too. :(

I just posted a new thread for a missing woman that could be a match to this Jane Doe but there is no photo of her and no details like tattoos. OK - OK - Tia Renee Louis, 26, Tulsa, 25 Dec 2017

Her height is a match (5'4") Her background info says she was living on the streets in Tulsa, Oklahoma in Dec 2017. That made me think of this case because it is possible this Jane Doe was estranged from her family or living on the streets too. I also noticed her name is close in sound and spelling to the tattoo name: Tia Renee could lead to a nickname of Tia-ra maybe?
Maybe we can find some more info on Tia:
Tia's NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I just found a photo of Tia Renee Louis:
Tia-Renee-Louis-mugshot-37279828.400x800.jpg
Original

Tia Renee Louis Mugshot 121305567 - Tia Renee Louis Arrest - Tulsa County, OK - Booked for NO PROOF LIABILITY INSURANCE, NO DRIVER'S LICENSE ON PERSON, SPEEDING IN SCHOOL ZONE, HOLD/ROGERS COUNTY OKLAHOMA

She does look a great deal like the reconstruction!
Yes, everything except the nose. I zoomed in on the rose tatt which got me wondering...it'd be easy to mistake cursive style Tai for Tia, wouldn't it?

Eta - I'd be interested in seeing both names typed in the fonts mentioned up thread then compared to the tatt. I'll go look for those font names.
Eta2- must have been a different UID thread. I couldn't find any reference to font styles. :confused::(

Last edited:
Reached out to Survivors Ink re: tattoos. SI "exists to raise awareness and to empower human trafficking victims by breaking the psychological chains of enslavement through beautifying, removing or covering their physical scars, markings and brandings that are constant reminders of a violent past."

They came over to this link and had a look at the tatts, responding "It is possible it is a coverup of a trafficking tattoo, but as most brands do not follow a theme (rather. they carry unique meanings to the carrier - usually something that is personal between the victim and their trafficker), there really is no telling. The stars also may carry different meanings as some are attributed to different groups/gangs. However, we do not have a record of a tattoo recipient in NJ with that brand."

So no answers there, but what an awesome organisation, hey?!

@Melt71, you're amazing for reaching out to them. Please thank them on our behalf for their help. It takes a village and we appreciate them being a part of ours. Perhaps they could determine whether the name is Taina or Tiara? ;):) please?

The way the name is hidden under the rose makes me think she had a reason to cover it up. Like for instance that she had run away and was using a different name.

Without seeing the original tattoo, there's no way to tell whether the person who drew the sketch read it correctly. But the sketch looks pretty unclear to me. Taina looks possible, and the resemblance is very strong. Glad you sent it in.

The way the name is hidden under the rose makes me think she had a reason to cover it up. Like for instance that she had run away and was using a different name.

Without seeing the original tattoo, there's no way to tell whether the person who drew the sketch read it correctly. But the sketch looks pretty unclear to me. Taina looks possible, and the resemblance is very strong. Glad you sent it in.

Thanks, Carbuff. I agree about the rose as a cover up tattoo. Assuming this is Taina I can't help but wonder whether she had it when she went missing and if so, why wasn't it mentioned in her MP reports? Thanks for pointing out about the artist's interpretation. Very valid point.

Thanks, Carbuff. I agree about the rose as a cover up tattoo. Assuming this is Taina I can't help but wonder whether she had it when she went missing and if so, why wasn't it mentioned in her MP reports? Thanks for pointing out about the artist's interpretation. Very valid point.

The most likely thing is that whoever filed the missing persons report either didn't know about it or didn't remember to mention it. Or for whatever reason LE didn't think it was significant. Sometimes they hold out a detail so they have something to double check a tip with. And quite a number of Namus entries are just "stub" entries where they enter only basic information when they upload DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back