Found Deceased NJ - Patricia Viola, 42, Bogota, 13 Feb 2001

The alarm was triggered since pat left the door ajar when setting it as she had done before.

Pat's husband,
jim

I'm so sorry and pray you and yours may finally have some Peace (((((missingmywifepat)))))

Our CODIS system can look all over the country as long as the parties involved enter extract the DNA and enter it into CODIS in a timely manner. It did not happen in this case.

Pat's husband
Jim

I know, that's exactly where I am going when I mentioned the tools we have in the 2000's. I don't feel LE has an excuse not to communicate with each other, use data bases, and go all out. The first hours are critical, and as days and months slip away it doesn't make the investigation any easier. I'm very sorry for your loss but thankful you have found at least some answers now. I hope LE can continue to make progress.

Dear Jim,
I'm so sorry for what you've been through. My prayers for peace are with you and your family.

I know, that's exactly where I am going when I mentioned the tools we have in the 2000's. I don't feel LE has an excuse not to communicate with each other, use data bases, and go all out. The first hours are critical, and as days and months slip away it doesn't make the investigation any easier. I'm very sorry for your loss but thankful you have found at least some answers now. I hope LE can continue to make progress.

Thanks and I found out the the NYCMEs office just received a $7M grant to continue exhume and process DNA for the Hart Island unidentified. I am happy we are making some progress on this.

Best,
Jim

Pat is one of the missing people who have stayed in my thoughts through the years. I was so sad to check in and see this.

Our CODIS system can look all over the country as long as the parties involved enter extract the DNA and enter it into CODIS in a timely manner. It did not happen in this case.

Pat's husband
Jim

First I would like to offer condolences to you and your family. I had seen the Disappeared show and it was especially scary to me as I and others in my own family and circle of friends have seizures. One of my friends who also has a seizure disorder had a seizure while out for a walk and awakened from a trance-like state at a restaurant several hours later having no memory of how she arrived there. My friend was lucky in that she was not hit by a car or taken advantage of. When I watched the show about Pat this was my first thought, did something like that happen to her? I only today came across the news that she had been confirmed as passing away. I am wondering if there has been any news as to what happened to her?

Condolences to you and your family. I cried the first time I saw your story on "Disappeared." May Pat rest in peace, finally.

Original

Original
Original

Jacket similar to the one worn by Patricia Marie Viola when she was last seen. Patricia's jacket is of a similar style except that her jacket has a blue background.
Original

Rings similar to those worn by Patricia Marie Viola

Missing Person / NamUs #MP45
Patricia Marie Viola
Nickname/Alias: Pat, Patty

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight 125 lbs

Date of Last Contact February 13, 2001
Missing From Bogota, New Jersey
Missing Age 42 Years
Current Age 61 Years

Clothing
Green or gray long sleeved sport shirt, blue jeans and black cloth winter jacket. See images page for photographs of a similar jacket.

Eyewear
na

Footwear
White athletic shoes / sneakers.

Jewelry
14 karat gold wedding band, engangement ring with 1 karat round stone worn on left finger. See images page for similar rings.

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactFebruary 13, 2001
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 12, 2008
Last Known Location Map
Location Bogota, New Jersey 07603
Bergen County

Circumstances of Disappearance
DNA confirmation on 9/11/2012 that partial remains (foot) that had washed up on a Queens NY beach on July 2002 were that of the missing person, Patrica Viola. Since this is a partial recovery, Mrs. Viola's entry will remain in NamUs. Last seen at Bixby School Library at corner of Fisher Ave and Chestnut Ave and also by the crossing guard on Palisade Ave and mailman as she walked home from the Library. She arrived home and left again at approximately 1:00 to 4:00pm setting her alarm as she left. It is not known if Patricia left volunteerly. No car was available. Personal items including purse, keys, ID, cell phone and medication for seizure disorder were all left behind. For more information see Patricia's family web site at: Index - Patricia Viola Missing Mom - Bogota, NJ 2/13/01
Circumstance Notes
Detective Geoffrey Cole and Captain James Sepp are also working on this case.

Missing Persons Bureau

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I have a vague recollection that her daughter came on her and told is that LE told her the remains were her mothers. Not sure whatever happened to the thread.

I have a vague recollection that her daughter came on her and told is that LE told her the remains were her mothers. Not sure whatever happened to the thread.
You are now in this thread :cool:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean