NJ - Raymond & Vanessa Jackson for starving 4 adopted boys, Collingswood, 2003

Amraann said:
Linda,

Please do not answer if this is too personal...
Although I am offended that social services said he was special needs due to his heritage...
Is it possible his mother was using drugs or alcohol while she was pregnant?
SOme other factor they relayed badly to you??
Nope, I even knew his birth mother, I had her as an emergency placement for three weeks when she was 12, I must have made some impression because when she gave birth to my son at age 14 she insisted he come to me:) I begged her to come with him, but she refused. Life in the "hood" was more exciting I suppose. She was just very young and immature and a foster child her entire life. Sadly she has had a child every year since, all are in fostercare.

OH that is sad

But at least she knew enough to send him to you.

7 years.....and that family portrait...:mad: I don't know any words that could adequately describe my feelings right now.

I feel the same way, cathieq.

For Bruce to grow 15 inches and 100 pounds between the ages of 19 and 21 is astonishing. It's just astonishing. He's still small, and his voice still hasn't changed, prayers it will and he'll eventually have the normal appearance and sound of a grown man. It doesn't seem all that likely.

Then when you read down a couple articles, the man who starved him to death died of a stroke after his arrest - and family friends accused Bruce of lying. Denial is a river that runs deep!!

I remember when this story first broke. You could look at that foster family and think there are many healthy people here, and four boys who are dying of AIDS, or leukemia, or something. The difference in the healthy ones and the dying ones is profound, yet all are smiling. God.

Little could strangers guess they were being purposely starved.

edited to add: they're all smiling, except Bruce. He looks almost dead. I wonder, if the photographer had said "goodness you have a large family! Are all these yours? And the parents pointed out the adopted children - how obvious it would be, they're the ones who are dying. Everyone else, except the four adopted boys, are glowing with health and fat.

7 years???

oh ... ok yeah ......7 years that compensates for these lives....
SEVEN YEARS???
I do wonder if 7 years now makes up for food and growth for them??

This Judge should be gone from the bench........

Sentence should have been LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE.

Extreme cruelty, torture, fraud & this creature is sentenced to 7 years?

I don't get it, this is disgusting.

altruist1000 said:
Sentence should have been LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE.

Extreme cruelty, torture, fraud & this creature is sentenced to 7 years?

I don't get it, this is disgusting.
it sure is!!

She should have been charged with attempted murder. Bruce Jackson was tourtured for 12 years and she will only serve 7. These boys will have serious health (physical and mental) problems their whole lives. Thier ordeal didn't end when they were removed from the house, it will never end for them but in 7 years hers will be over.

It doesn't look like the mother was starving, and neither were her biological children. I can't believe her biological daughter got on the stand and plead with the judge to be leniant, I don't care who it is that committed the crime (even if it was my own mother) she deserves to spend some hard core time in jail. Seven years doesn't even begin to pay for what she did to these children, especially the oldest one.

:banghead:

Maybe justice will come full circle for this demon while she is in prison, if you know what I mean. As for those boys I am sooo happy that they are away from that family for good. now they can start to rebuild thier lives through counseling and the friendship of people that care. I and probebly many of us will never understand the laws when it comes to our childrens care and safety.

Former Camden County mother who starved adopted children is released from prison
By Chris Megerian/Statehouse Bureau
February 24, 2010, 1:27PM

COLLINGSWOOD — Vanessa Jackson, who starved her adopted children in a case that focused national attention on New Jersey's foster care system, was released from prison today.

The former Collingswood resident left the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women in Clinton at 7:50 a.m., said Department of Corrections spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer.

Jackson, 54, served four years of a possible seven. :furious:

She was arrested along with her husband in 2003 after starving four of their adopted children for years. When the couple was arrested, the boys were 9 to 19 years old and all weighed less than 45 pounds.

All of the children were adopted through the Division of Youth and Family Services, and the four boys were eventually awarded a $12.5 million settlement from the state.

Jackson's husband Raymond died of a stroke in 2004, and she pleaded guilty to child endangerment a year later.

Jackson was denied parole twice, in June 2007 and October 2009, according to Parole Board spokesman Neal Buccino.

Both times, the board decided she had not accepted responsibility for her actions and blamed a medical condition for the children's emancipated state.

un-frigging believable!! :furious:

I'm hoping Karma is waiting on the outside for her.

if she thought they had eating disorders, take them to a damn doctor.

dont wait till they widdle down to skeletons. what a bunch of shinola.......and then bio daughter sticks up for her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back