NJ NJ - Renee Lamanna, 35, Ocean City, 8 Jan 1994

http://pix11.com/2015/09/15/find-re...o-could-be-queens-woman-who-vanished-in-1994/
Ruth Collins and her sister told PIX 11 the homeless woman carries maps from many states in her bag and gave different names to law enforcement: Darlene Hanson. Darlene Hartfield.

Then, Laura Manning heard the drifter give a different name.

“That’s when she says Renee,” Manning recalled, telling PIX 11 the deputy repeated the first name to the stranger. “She said, Renee Laman.”

Last October, that name meant nothing to the Good Samaritans.

But after Collins spent months poring over the Internet, she was instantly convinced Renee LaManna’s Missing Persons page was related to the troubled stranger she had met.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/mis...bly-spotted-in-franklin-county-again/35856466

Missing New Jersey woman possibly spotted in Franklin County again

Renee LaManna N.J. woman missing since 1994 may have been spotted in Franklin CountyThe Franklin County Sheriff's Office says Renee LaManna was possibly seen near Route 40 by Pittsylvania and Franklin Counties. We're told LaManna has some medical conditions and is not very willing to talk to others.

In February, a person called police after helping a person believed to be LaManna. After that, investigators believe LaManna was seen and helped by other people in Virginia and North Carolina.

If you see this woman, you are asked to contact the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at (540) 483-3000

lamanna2.jpg

http://wsls.com/2015/11/11/tips-come-in-about-missing-new-york-woman-believed-to-be-in-roanoke-area/

A truck driver reported seeing a woman who fit Lamanna’s description along Route 116 in Roanoke. Fliers and recent media attention about the missing woman have led to new leads.

Since Renee Lamanna disappeared more than two decades ago, there have been periodic sightings. But she has always managed to vanish again. When approached she can give you up to five or six different names...

“She’s missing and endangered, and she has a severe impairment,” said Eggeman. We believe she has dementia. She had a psychotic meltdown 21 years ago and ran out of her house in pajamas and a robe."

http://wtvr.com/2015/11/12/woman-mis...town-richmond/

Cold Case Spotlight

Sighted but Still Missing: The 21 Year Search for Renee LaManna

Dozens of sightings over the past 21 years, yet Renee LaManna remains missing.

And for all those years, her older sister has been following that trail of possible encounters to no avail. "I think it's one of the worst missing person's cases in history," Margaret LaManna told Dateline NBC. "Truly, Renee should be have been found long ago."

Some have told Margaret that perhaps her sister simply does not want to be found. She takes offense at those types of comments. "Renee suffers from a dissociative disorder caused by psychological trauma," Margaret told Dateline. "She doesn't remember who she is, how long she's been gone, or where she is really going. But she is looking for us."

Renee holds three degrees, including a Master's in History. She speaks five languages, traveled with the Peace Corps, and helped dozens of immigrants get their footing in the United States. But that all doesn't matter because Renee cannot comprehend her current reality, according to her sister.

There have been "possible sightings" in Virginia in recent weeks. I have to wonder how could she even survive all these years with no known address or job? Are there really homeless and mentally disabled people that could survive on the streets for 21 years with no residence or job. Could investigators find out if any social security benefits such as disability are being obtained and where are the checks sent? Is it legal for investigators or LE to be able to find out if she had any employment and used her own social security number?

There have been "possible sightings" in Virginia in recent weeks. I have to wonder how could she even survive all these years with no known address or job? Are there really homeless and mentally disabled people that could survive on the streets for 21 years with no residence or job. Could investigators find out if any social security benefits such as disability are being obtained and where are the checks sent? Is it legal for investigators or LE to be able to find out if she had any employment and used her own social security number?
Also, one picture that is possibly Renee sitting in a vehicle seems to show her talking on a cell phone. Again, how could she have access to a phone and who on earth can she be speaking to on a phone.

Renee doesn't have any ID so she couldn't check into a shelter, but officers did say they took her to an all-night restaurant in Ashville so she would be safe. I guess that's how Renee has been living the last 21 years, in all-night restaurants, soup kitchens, and hotels for the homeless. Her sister also said Renee trusts truckers and that truck drivers have been taking care of her and giving her money and food. The photo of her in the supermarket was taken by some good Samaritans who took her there to buy her some food. The phone Renee had in her hand, was actually an officers who dialed helping hands to get her a few nights in a hotel.

[video=youtube;7A9Nf6kTIYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A9Nf6kTIYg[/video]

Renee's sister explains the phone call she received on February 2, 2015. The last sighting of Renee she knew of, was in May 1995 and and December 1995.

XRnRLjE.jpg

Everyone please follow Renee's Facebook page and share and BOLO if you live in the south.
https://www.facebook.com/reneelamannamissing

Also, one picture that is possibly Renee sitting in a vehicle seems to show her talking on a cell phone. Again, how could she have access to a phone and who on earth can she be speaking to on a phone.

I believe that was the break in this case when this witness spoke to her and they eventually linked her to the missing Renee LaManna.

One instance in Virginia provided Margaret with not just an update, but with photos. "In February 2015, I got a call from a woman saying, "I saw your sister," and my heart stopped," remembers Margaret. "It was the voice of Ruth Collins, who ended up spending four days with my sister."

Collins explained to Margaret that she saw Renee sitting on a park bench speaking with two police officers. She offered her a ride, and along the way, Renee reportedly told her she had been searching for her family. "She told her that she couldn't understand why her family couldn't find her," says Margaret. "Renee also told her she had been hitchhiking from truck stop to truck stop up and down the East Coast."

Collins bought the woman clothing and helped her find a place to stay. But Renee was soon gone again. The information was filed with local law enforcement and Collins herself began a search to try and find the mysterious woman's family.

Four months later, a database spit out Renee's photo and story and she called Margaret.

The photos Collins took of Renee have been part of a major social media campaign to locate Renee. Tips have poured in with sightings, most recently in various parts of Virginia and the Carolinas.

10325693_949430545081720_5788330329043790489_n_f74bbc67caa91e9338b2b505654b6983.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Margaret LaManna/Ruth Collins

renee_lamanna_in_store_7379aff85b5d614ccc6f3ac113fa4c02.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

A photo taken by Ruth Collins of Renee LaManna in October 2014 in a grocery store in Virginia. Margaret LaManna

Here is the photo being used now:

lamanna_truck_back_panel_ef8ade41dd6f9d064404dbd718a19d43.nbcnews-ux-600-700.png

I was thinking though, what if her family finds her but she doesn't recognise them and flees again... They would have no power to keep her against her will. How devastating that would be. :(

It is very sad that families must go through so much to help an ill loved one get into treatment. I do understand how it can be important not to allow an individual to just be locked away against their will but how can a family such as Renee's get her help she desperately needs and deserves. The way I see it, and I have no professional knowledge of the laws, but her family would have to find her and even be able to convince her to go to a hospital or maybe an ER. There, possibly she could see a mental health professional and they could get a temporary detaining order for only a short time. If the family can manage to get a hearing during that time..a judge can decide if she can be ordered to a mental health facility.
Again I do not know the actual laws but for this family I don't believe they can have Renee detained unless she is doing something dangerous to herself or others at the exact time they find her.

It does seem to most anyone probably that if she got help and medication if deemed appropriate, she would be glad to be back with her loved ones.

I am in Virginia and every time I go out I find myself watching for her and I hope and pray she gets help soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back