NJ NJ - Robin Trivisonno, 28, Neptune Township, 20 Jan 1997

I've been wondering myself too, I always check back to see if there's been any updates but there hasn't. It's been a long time...

The person who started this thread hasn't stopped into WS in a few years. I tried to see if Namus had Robin listed as a rule out and couldn't find this Jane listed at NaMus. Maybe someone should call the coroners office again. Either the DNA didn't come back yet, or she was ruled out. It would be nice to know either way. I think they look so much like a match I'd be really surprised if they weren't.

If no one else would like to, I will call.

I re-submitted the information via email to the correct contact in PA, and left a message for Detective Thomas Powers in NJ.

I asked if the two have been compared, and if so to please let me know if Ms. Trivisonno has been ruled out.

Will follow up as I receive info.

ETA: Corrected to say re-submitted. I included in my email, that it was not I who made the match, but rather someone who is no longer an active member here at WS.

Since this was originally supposed to be compared in 2005, I can't help but wonder if it fell by the wayside to work on a more current case or cases. The sketches, and description of the barrette, size, and location are just too similiar to think another mixed Caucasian African American female went missing with the same info and also remains unidentified. Hope that makes sense.

I don't want anyone to think I would take credit for finding this possible match, as it was not myself who found it.

Hey , by the way the 866 number for Pennsylvania State Police recording said I could not make a call to their number , it was outside the area? Weird.
Cannot email either?

FWIW, I ran into this too. Some toll free numbers do not work outside the state one is calling from. I found and called a non toll free number to submit the info.

ETA: I have found that submitting to the person responsible for the John or Jane Doe tend to review and act on the information far quicker than the detective or persons responsible for working a cold missing persons case. Just a tip to add based on my experience.

No answer back from my emails as of a few min ago.

After I sent the emails, I looked further and found a newspaper article indicating the detectives and ME are aware of this potential match. (should have looked further before I sent off the emails.) The link to the article no longer works, and I am not sure if it is ok to link to the forum which has the article, so I will just summarize. (anyone reading should find the article easily by googling Robins name)

It appears they were trying to get DNA from the skeletal remains back in 2005. I am unsure why dentals were not used, perhaps Robins dentals were unavailable. The article gave me the impression the DNA they had at the time was insufficient for some reason to accurately determine the match. What makes me incredibly sad, is this looks like a for sure match, but they just didn't have the DNA technology at the time? It breaks my heart the family is/has been waiting for a confirmation for so long.

I can only hope my emails brought this back to the "top of the pile" and perhaps dna will be pulled again and tried for comparison again? It just makes me so sad to think this poor family has been waiting now for about 4-5 years for a confirmation. I just don't understand why it would take this long...... 4-5 years is an awfully long time to have a family 'on hold' so to speak. I hope something is happening and this potential match hasn't been forgotten.

Anything new here? I remember reading about Robin's disappearance in the local newspaper (The Asbury Park Press) when she first disappeared.

It has to be Robin. The leather barrette? The press-on nails? Same basic body type and dental work? That's all just too much of a coincidence. Someone's dropped the ball on this one.

I am from NJ and remember reading about the identification of the remains found behind the Williams Township, PA cemetary. I googled and found the October 26, 2012 artice written by Sue Epstein printed in The Newark Star Ledger but unfortunately I am unable to post a link to the artcle so I am trying my best here to credit the above mentioned article. Through DNA the remains were determined to belong to Juane McAuley-Johnson, a 23-year-old devoted mother who worked hard to provide for her daughter. Ms. McAuley-Johnson went missing on February 18, 1998 while on her way to a bus stop in Piscataway, NJ. The article further mentions that a hunter found her on December 30, 2001 behind St John Union cemetary in Williams Township, PA.

Robin Trivisonno, 28, Missing January 20, 1997 from Neptune Township, NJ

Robin Trivisonno
Missing since January 20, 1997 from Neptune Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 27, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown or auburn hair; hazel eyes. A grandmother had some African ancestry.
Marks, Scars: Scar on her right eyelid.
Clothing: She is reported to have been wearing a brown waist coat when last seen; she wore a leather hair barrette with a wooden pin and press-on nails.
Dentals: She had at least two capped teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Trivisonno was last seen leaving the former Heartbreakers go-go bar on Route 35 in the early hours of January 20, 1997 in Neptune Township, New Jersey.

She was seen leaving the bar about 2:00 am with a white male who is described as well groomed with long dark-brown flowing hair, 5'8" tall and weighing approximately 180 pounds. She was in an intoxicated state.

Ms. Trivisonno's vehicle, a 1994 black Jeep Cherokee, was left parked in the parking lot.Trivisonno was the mother of three young children and was separated from her husband. She had worked at Heartbreakers as a dancer for at least two years, but quit that job to attend nursing school about a year before she went missing. She visited the bar the night she disappeared, spending several hours there, and talked with former coworkers.

Witnesses reported that Trivisonno had asked people at Heartbreakers for a ride to Delilah's Den in South Amboy, where a friend of hers worked as a DJ. No one at Delilah's Den told police they saw her there the night she disappeared.Four months after Trivisonno went missing, her wallet and jacket were found in a wooded area behind a fence in the back of the Delilah's Den parking lot.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office
Detective Thomas Powers
732-308-2952

or

Neptune Township Police Department
Detective Joseph Burst
732-988-8000

NCIC Number: M-994343108

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Monmouth County Prosecutor/Crime Watch
New Jersey State Police
Asbury Park Press - 8/14/05
The Doe Network: Case File 1885DFNJ

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1885dfnj.html

Does anyone know where the sketch of the man Robin left "Heartbreakers" with went to? Back in the day, I thought the man looked like a customer of mine, but almost immediately after informing the police, the sketch disappeared from the NJSP website, AND the other websites. They still give a description of the man as "well dressed" etc. but have dropped the sketch. Wonder why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back