Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember a recent case where a young woman's car was found on a bridge (driver door ajar and phone found by trunk?) Sounds a bit similar? Anyone remember anything....I read way more threads than I can keep up with up!!

I cant recall her name, but she was from Florida and a nursing student.

I cant recall her name, but she was from Florida and a nursing student.

Thank you...I did find her now. Not a happy ending. I always wonder exactly whay happens when a car is found like this.

I tend to always think it is someone bumps from behind and is an abduction. Of course it is an odd place to do this when there is plenty of other roadway! Anyway just posting this because Charley Project always has good lists and something to ponder.

https://charleyross.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/make-a-list-monday-cars-found-on-bridges/

Here are two mainstream news articles. The first link details the times Sarah was last contacted. The second is a search that was called off for a possible jumper right in the area where Sarah's car was found (on Route 35 Belmar Bridge by Shark River). This may be a coincidence, or the police may have thought Sarah was a jumper.​
IMO I don't believe Sarah jumped the bridge. As shown in the third link to her Twitter page, her recent tweets do not indicate any of the usual suicide warning signs, including her likes (saying goodbye, liking depressing posts, talking about leaving, etc.). In fact her last tweets express her excitement to see friends and family. One of her last messages was about being excited to see someone in Toronto, which she is known to have visited often. This does not sugggest to me that she committed suicide, this suggests she was taken, or something happened to her against her will.​
I attached two pictures from google maps that show the area she was last seen. It shows Neptune City, where she is from, and it shows Belmar and the Route 35 bridge which I put an arrow next to (the arrow does not indicate the exact location of her car, it is just showing the Route 35).​

Agreed. This seems like she may have been stalked, that her abduction may have been timed (Dad away), and that since her car was left on the bridge, it may mean there may have been more than one person involved. If she was abducted, by making it seem like it may have been a suicide it may be somebody buying time, for some reason, and she may thus be alive?

Why that bridge, is it a blind spot, and what's not a bling spot around it?

Sarah Butler, mentioned above, was also into the arts and music, almost the same age
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?322777-NJ-Sarah-Butler-20-Montclair-22-November-2016

Yes, I thought her death seemed odd as well.

No I don't use dating sites so I wouldn't know. Why do you ask ?

Just curious if she had possibly met someone online who could have taken her or hurt her. Many girls her age are into different dating sites - just wondered if there was a chance she could have met someone from a site that had bad intentions.

Does anyone remember a recent case where a young woman's car was found on a bridge (driver door ajar and phone found by trunk?) Sounds a bit similar? Anyone remember anything....I read way more threads than I can keep up with up!!
Just recently Ashley Brown in Jacksonville, FL :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this, I've been waiting for MSM or a police report to be published before I could post here.

Here's what info I've found so far:

Sarah Stern left her family's home at 11:45 p.m. Friday driving her grandmother's 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royal

The car was found parked on the Route 35 Bridge around 2:45 a.m. Saturday.

A search of the Shark River by air and water was conducted Saturday. The search was called off around 3 p.m. and did not continue on Sunday.

She lives in Neptune City with her father and grandmother. Her father was in Florida when they found her car. He has since returned to Neptune City from Florida, where he has family members living. Sarah had spent the Thanksgiving holiday with them in Florida.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/father_of_missing_girl_19_looking_for_information.html

Thanks for posting this, I've been waiting for MSM or a police report to be published before I could post here.

Here's what info I've found so far:

Sarah Stern left her family's home at 11:45 p.m. Friday driving her grandmother's 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royal

The car was found parked on the Route 35 Bridge around 2:45 a.m. Saturday.

A search of the Shark River by air and water was conducted Saturday. The search was called off around 3 p.m. and did not continue on Sunday.

She lives in Neptune City with her father and grandmother. Her father was in Florida when they found her car. He has since returned to Neptune City from Florida, where he has family members living. Sarah had spent the Thanksgiving holiday with them in Florida.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/father_of_missing_girl_19_looking_for_information.html

BBM

Well, this stands out to me. She left home at 11:45 PM. Where was she going?
Did she have plans and was leaving that late? Was she meeting someone?

BBM

Well, this stands out to me. She left home at 11:45 PM. Where was she going?
Did she have plans and was leaving that late? Was she meeting someone?

I wonder myself, and 3 hours later her car is found on the bridge? It's a busy highway, I'm sure it wasn't sitting there for all 3 hours.

Since her father was in Florida, only her grandmother was home? Did her grandmother know she was taking her car out just before midnight?

I wonder myself, and 3 hours later her car is found on the bridge? It's a busy highway, I'm sure it wasn't sitting there for all 3 hours.

Since her father was in Florida, only her grandmother was home? Did her grandmother know she was taking her car out just before midnight?

Agreed. My son sometimes goes out that late, not often. But I don't think most girls do. And not alone. Leaving the house alone at 11:45, not good.

I wonder who last spoke to her or saw her. Cell phone records and sm should give a lot of info.

><
Sarah Lee Stern :: W/F/19 :: Monmouth County :: 2 Dec 2016
><
15338779_10155051743947037_4502264197256715921_n.jpg

15304064_737632059721897_8965479926665925470_o.jpg

15304243_1532574026762926_417974154806571702_o.jpg

Belmar Borough, Monmouth County is in Central, New Jersey.

Day Five

1)) http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...ng_for_information.html#incart_river_home_pop

2)) http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/authorities_did_not_continue_search_for_possible_b.html

3)) http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/rescue_crews_searching_shark_river_for_possible_br.html

4)) https://twitter.com/Sarah_Lee_Stern

Area Map:

A)) http://listsofjohn.com/mapf?lat=40.1846&lon=-74.0262&z=18&t=h&d=y :

Zoom In & Re-Center
Using Upper-Right Pull-Down,
Select >>> Satellite (with Labels)

Shark River Flows to Our Right,
ENE, East-North-East into the Atlantic Ocean

B)) GPS / Global Position Satellite system:

N 40.18460° ::: W -074.02620°
N 40° 11.076' ::: W -074° 01.572'
N 40° 11' 04.560'' ::: W -074° 01' 34.320''
&
UTM: 18T 582898 E ::: 4448704 N

Our Thanks To Those Providing
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

All of the above links have been posted already and unfortunately they're really the only information we have... News outlets have now caught on and started reporting about her disappearance. There hasn't been any info on her phone, if there were signs of struggle, where she was going, etc. It was a busy bridge yes, so someone must have seen her in the car at some point. As of right now all we have is speculation because there wasn't a lot of public information released. If there are any police updates on the search/investigation please post it here! Thank you everyone for the help.

All of the above links have been posted already and unfortunately they're really the only information we have... News outlets have now caught on and started reporting about her disappearance. There hasn't been any info on her phone, if there were signs of struggle, where she was going, etc. It was a busy bridge yes, so someone must have seen her in the car at some point. As of right now all we have is speculation because there wasn't a lot of public information released. If there are any police updates on the search/investigation please post it here! Thank you everyone for the help.

I may have missed this, but, was her cell phone found?
Have LE checked her SM accounts (instagram, snapchat, anything!) also, her bank or credit card account?

Is she still in school?

Just curious if she had possibly met someone online who could have taken her or hurt her. Many girls her age are into different dating sites - just wondered if there was a chance she could have met someone from a site that had bad intentions.
No, the fandoms Sarah was a part of were all lesbian fandoms. Don't know why the person who knew of her here didn't see fit to share that information, it may be personal but Sarah's life is at stake. Sarah was interested in dating women, not men, as far as lots of people know. There was no boyfriend.

No, the fandoms Sarah was a part of were all lesbian fandoms. Don't know why the person who knew of her here didn't see fit to share that information, it may be personal but Sarah's life is at stake. Sarah was interested in dating women, not men, as far as lots of people know. There was no boyfriend.

Thank you. It is important.
I suppose some people still feel uncomfortable wih this subject.
Not me. Live and let live!

I wonder if she was going out to meet someone? Does her family know her sexual preference? Were they ok with it?

She posted on Twitter about moving to Toronto sooner than expected in November but I can't imagine her leaving her dog behind. <modsnip> She also has recent posts showing alcohol related pictures which would elevate depression. She seems to be in love with the Ocean and getting away, but then again most people her age have the same feelings. All hypothetical assumptions of course. Must say the area where her car was found seems to point to a jumper scenario which could also be a diversion. One last note, if someone wanted to escape town in a hurry that boat yard/marina/boat launch surrounding the bridge would be ideal. I'd like to know what she was wearing when she left and are any of her possessions missing from the home. Got to say after watching the AE series first thing I thought was could there now be copy cat killers out there looking for attention or triggered someone waiting to strike again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

concernedvitani

Thank you for posting. Have you considered becoming a verified insder for Sarah's case? Being a verified insider at WebSlueths would allow us to take everything you now as fact vs. rumor.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Thank you for sharing what you know. Anything you can share can help us get to know Sarah and help find her. WS is a victim friend forum and we are not here to judge her or her choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member