Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 15 foot clearance was for the old drawbridge.

The new bridge: http://www.kwikbondpolymers.com/route-35-over-shark-river-bridge-belmar-nj/

Ok, so this is the Route 71 bridge in Belmar, which is a short bridge. If you pause at 5 seconds in, you will see the Rt. 35 bridge. It's the huge one up the river. Sarah's car was found on the Rt. 35 bridge. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_42J7ZldAv4

It seems the new bridge has 50' of clearance. Definitely a much higher risk of serious injury if you landed wrong. I think landing feet first would be survivable in most cases or even a nice dive. Head first, no arms above head might end in a concussion . Belly flop would probably present a reasonable risk of internal organ injury.

I'm thinking the waves would break the surface tension of the water and make the impact slightly less dangerous though.

I'm guessing if this was a suicide, it was probably due to drowning. Probably a combination of hypothermia and waves and not the fall itself. But I'm not an expert. I've just jumped from some pretty high places in my younger days.

Just a few days ago in Old Bridge, another 19 year old teen went missing January 10th/11th. Her name is Rachel Oakes. I think these two cases are related because Both Rachel and Sarah's cars were abandoned. Rachel's car being found near Driscoll bridge and Sarah's car being found near/on the 35 Bridge. These two cases are about 35-40 minutes away from each other. Both women are 19 years of age. It may be a stretch but I think it's too much of a coincidence to overlook.

Just giving this thread a bump.
Let's hope Sarah is found alive and well soon

Just a few days ago in Old Bridge, another 19 year old teen went missing January 10th/11th. Her name is Rachel Oakes. I think these two cases are related because Both Rachel and Sarah's cars were abandoned. Rachel's car being found near Driscoll bridge and Sarah's car being found near/on the 35 Bridge. These two cases are about 35-40 minutes away from each other. Both women are 19 years of age. It may be a stretch but I think it's too much of a coincidence to overlook.
I think the other case was mentioned a little earlier. Although it is pretty interesting, I personally don't think its anything more then a coincidence.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Because we have so little information at this time, there's no way to say they are related. It's definitely a strange coincidence and deserves to be looked into though . Since we have so little to go on here, it can't hurt to look for a connection until we receive more information. Both of the girls are so young and beautiful that I really hope they can be found safe and sound quickly. It must be truly heartbreaking for the families

Although unrelated, this article seems to speak to a very risky situation what some think on this thread may have happened. Here in NJ there is a requirement for vehicles to have a red dot on the license plate to alert police that the driver is a teen so if the car is seen after 11:00 PM they may pull over. It has been argued it also alerts potential criminals. Drivers in NJ may forget to take the stickers off even after they are above the required age, likely still close to it.

https://verizon.yahoo.com/celebrity/kansas-city-college-student-sent-220306982.html

Monmouth County Police Association issued a statement regarding putting on hazzards to acknowledge you see officer and calling 911 and confirming it is an officer. No mention of the two cases but interesting timing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

She is a very young girl. In order to go underground she had to have some serious help. It's not like she is a troubled teen. She is successful, educated and positive. Who could have helped her disappear, if she chose to? Any of her friends also missing? If she went to Canada do they scan and log every passport? Can you sneak in anywhere that she found out about? Or even in a trunk or something crazy? We went to Canada in a rev and they didn't come inside and check it.

Monmouth County Police Association issued a statement regarding putting on hazzards to acknowledge you see officer and calling 911 and confirming it is an officer. No mention of the two cases but interesting timing.

That's scary. Do you have a link?

It was released on their facebook page a few days before I posted about it here. I will try and find it.

Thanks, that would be helpful because I'm not on Facebook.

Giving this thread a much needed bump!!

Where are you Sarah!!!!????!!!! Come home soon!!!!!

She is a very young girl. In order to go underground she had to have some serious help. It's not like she is a troubled teen. She is successful, educated and positive. Who could have helped her disappear, if she chose to? Any of her friends also missing? If she went to Canada do they scan and log every passport? Can you sneak in anywhere that she found out about? Or even in a trunk or something crazy? We went to Canada in a rev and they didn't come inside and check it.

I hate that this one has died down. I'm so worried for her. I used to sell high end security equipment and our office strattled the Canadian border in Buffalo. You can just walk right on over in some places. Many people who live there think it's cool to point to their back treeline and say "there's Canada". Mexico is easy too until they get that fence built <eye roll>. If you go through border control in Canada you will have to show your passport and in my experience they randomly scrutinize some further. They also check for warrants per an agreement with homeland security. In that case yes she would have a visa stamp and all. I haven't been keeping up so well, did they rule out suicide?

I hate that this one has died down. I'm so worried for her. I used to sell high end security equipment and our office strattled the Canadian border in Buffalo. You can just walk right on over in some places. Many people who live there think it's cool to point to their back treeline and say "there's Canada". Mexico is easy too until they get that fence built <eye roll>. If you go through border control in Canada you will have to show your passport and in my experience they randomly scrutinize some further. They also check for warrants per an agreement with homeland security. In that case yes she would have a visa stamp and all. I haven't been keeping up so well, did they rule out suicide?
No, it hasn't been ruled out afaik

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Long time follower, new member.

As a local to this area I have been following this as well as other cases here. Rumor is circulating that there is a third local NJ girl missing (not sure if this is true or not) , in my attempts to find more information I came across this missing persons case from 2000.

https://www20.state.nj.us/NJSP_Amber/DispatchAction.do?parameter=mp_detail&mp_id=931&type=mp

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t11556.htm

Further investigation shows that he too was operating an Oldsmobile 88 Northbound on the Belmar bridge the last time he was seen 16 years ago...

Welcome CCSleuth2017 :).

:welcome5:

Sarah, I just texted my tip and I hope to God that my feelings are correct and that you will be home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch