NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Dr. Dante Ragusa, an Ocean County medical examiner who performed an April 3 autopsy on Corey’s body, issued a finding on the cause of death: Blunt force injuries with cardiac and liver contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis. However, he did not rule on the manner of death; rather, he deemed it “undetermined.”

It wasn’t until a consulting forensic pathologist reviewed the case in September 2021 that the manner of death was determined to be homicide. Dr. Thomas Andrew believes Corey suffered an acute traumatic injury to the heart 4-12 hours before his death. Dr. Andrew found what he described as evidence of chronic abuse, including blunt impact injuries of the chest and abdomen with laceration of the heart, left pulmonary contusion, laceration and contusion of the liver.

Also will not watch the video. The written descriptions are enough. Don't want to see what I can't unsee. But from the stills... Corey was a pretty thin kid. Apropos of nothing, just sad to think he was also bullied by his own father for being "fat"?

My heart breaks for Corey's mom and everyone who loved him. CG did not love him. No way you could ever convince me otherwise. My heart breaks for so so many kids these days...

Don't see how this won't result in a guilty verdict.

You know that your case is going badly when your attorney warns the jury that the video is going to be "disturbing".

"Ryan has basically been convicted in the media". No, he will be convicted due to his abusive behavior to his son.

So far the nice 1st grade teacher..... the lady pediatrician... those testimonies were so sad.

Unfortunately the pediatrician at the ER was a bit hard for me to understand.. did he even review the chart?? He didn’t know Corey's age. Unfortunately that doctor.... seemed quite ill prepared for court. But thankfully bottom line, his blood work, his organs, his breathing, his tests.... all showed he was physically bruised up but not in any condition that required him to be admitted to hospital that night.

(I'm still catching up to the phone call to the child a--se hotline. Sounds like CG called in at some point? I couldn't hear any of that phone call clearly.)

Saw the video at the Daily Mail link :

It looked like Corey wasn't the one who need to exercise. :mad:

I couldn't serve on that jury, no way, no how.
You have to be objective.

If the abuse went on for months, did the mom do enough to alert the authorities ?
Just asking.
Omo.

Rest in peace, sweet little boy.
No one can hurt you now.

Last edited:
@Chimera DCFS is complicated when parents with a history accuse one or the other of child abuse. Abusers are extremely charismatic, and manipulative. They schmooze DCFS workers, joking with men, flirt with women.

The abuser accuses the other parent of "being crazy". And often, this is true. The parent who reports the abuse, in their frustration, often does not maintain professionalism.

It makes sense, who wouldn't be "crazy" if no one believes your ex is abusing your child? But it comes off, extreme. And the "abusive" parent comes off like the "normal" rational parent. I have seen the same dynamic many times.

The abuser accuses the other parent of "being crazy". And often, this is true. The parent who reports the abuse, in their frustration, often does not maintain professionalism.

It makes sense, who wouldn't be "crazy" if no one believes your ex is abusing your child? But it comes off, extreme. And the "abusive" parent comes off like the "normal" rational parent. I have seen the same dynamic many times.
SBM
Sad but true.
I’ve seen it also in cases of family bullying, where the victim unfortunately comes off as the crazy one.
Case workers and other professionals must be on guard as things aren’t always as they seem.

SBM
Sad but true.
I’ve seen it also in cases of family bullying, where the victim unfortunately comes off as the crazy one.
Case workers and other professionals must be on guard as things aren’t always as they seem.

This sad case reminds me another case, where the accusing mother, was written off for being "crazy", and her ex husband and his GF made the children sleep in the garage. The ex was a police officer, and the little boy froze to death in a garage. No excuse.

DAILY TRIAL UPDATES

DAY 3 – 5/2/24

• One of the investigators in the case, Sgt. Matthew Scutti, testified to the autopsy performed on Corey.
  • William Doyle, who worked as a triage nurse at Southern Ocean Medical Center, described seeing Gregor bring Corey to the emergency room on April 2.
    • Doyle described Gregor as having a “clinical” affect and didn’t seem upset.

Posted at 7:50 AM, May 2, 2024

More information from the same article as posted above.

At the time of his death, the boy’s mother and Gregor shared joint custody. According to reports, Gregor was not present in Corey’s life until he was four. Corey’s mother, Breanna Micciolo, said she reported Gregor for abuse over 100 times, but no one took action. Breanna has since sued the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency for failing to protect Corey properly.

Gregor, who turned down a 30-year plea offer, is currently being held without bond in the Ocean County Jail. If convicted, he faces life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back