NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it true the defense isn't even going to call the ME?
my understanding is they do not intend to. And I think that makes sense for the case they are trying to present. Their expert is expected to testify that Corey died of complications due to pneumonia. Calling the original ME who now agrees with the state expert's analysis wouldn't exactly align with their defense that Corey died from natural causes.

Isn't it true the defense isn't even going to call the ME?
He doesn't have to call the ME because the autopsy report is what the Prosecution's expert witness relied upon and that will be what the Defense's expert witness will rely upon.

JMO

my understanding is they do not intend to. And I think that makes sense for the case they are trying to present. Their expert is expected to testify that Corey died of complications due to pneumonia. Calling the original ME who now agrees with the state expert's analysis wouldn't exactly align with their defense that Corey died from natural causes.
I believe Dr. Baden will agree with the ME's conclusion that the cause of death was sepsis which is what the Defense said in his opening statement.

JMO

Gallucci told the jurors in his opening statement that Baden will tell them Corey died as a result of sepsis, likely caused by an infection such as pneumonia.

yes the constant breaks are frustrating s a trial watcher. I can imagine it is also frustrating for the jury. I hope all these frequent breaks in testimony are not hampering their ability to follow the evidence.

This has to be one of the most frustrating trials I've watched. The constant breaks and witnesses not being ready to testify. This is a trial for the murder of a 6 yr old. Everything is handled very poorly imo.
ITA. I can't imagine being on this jury. The Judge was so apologetic to them today.

JMO

BM is suing CDPP
And the police testified today that they did their job and interacted with DCPP. They came across as very professional.

JMO

Christine Lento, an assistant Ocean County prosecutor, asked Roman if he observed Corey suffer any injuries while playing football with his father.

"I think I saw him dive for a pass, but not appearing hurt,'' Roman responded.

Both officers testified they were required to report their observations during the welfare check to the state Division of Child Protection and Permanency, but saw no need to take any other action.

Did you guys know this? I don’t know if this is considered an untruthworthy source but this is not a rando YouTuber. This is Laura Richards, former Scotland Yard Behavioral Analyst. She’s done lots of training around coercive control and domestic violence. She says child protective services HAD the treadmill video when Breanna filed for Emergency Custody and the judge saw the video and determined Corey was not under imminent danger!!!!! Wow. If the judge made that decision, I’m not sure why child protective services is liable for Corey’s death.

As we all know the abuse to Corey was chronic. Corey's mom made over 100 calls for help.

Officer Daniel's testimony...

BM made a complaint about bruises on her son.
3/28/2021
Officer Daniel did a child welfare check.
The officer met with Chris Gregor and the officer asked to see Corey.
State: You saw that Corey had bruises on his (leg, arm, hip, chest) body and a laceration above his eyebrow.
The officer spoke with Corey in the presence of his father.
The officer had no ideal where Corey actually got those bruises
The officer called in a referral to DCP&P concerning his observations.

April 2, 2021, Corey had passed away. :confused:

Here is another welfare child check done...
This officer saw Corey a few weeks prior to Corey's death.

Officer Roman testified in the murder trial against Christopher Gregor and said he performed a welfare check on Gregor’s son, Corey Micciolo. He noticed bruises on Micciolo. The officer also detailed a time where he saw Gregor and Micciolo playing at a football field.

Did you guys know this? I don’t know if this is considered an untruthworthy source but this is not a rando YouTuber. This is Laura Richards, former Scotland Yard Behavioral Analyst. She’s done lots of training around coercive control and domestic violence. She says child protective services HAD the treadmill video when Breanna filed for Emergency Custody and the judge saw the video and determined Corey was not under imminent danger!!!!! Wow. If the judge made that decision, I’m not sure why child protective services is liable for Corey’s death.

I think the police officers' testimony today about investigating the reports the mother made to protective services and not finding evidence is why the Judge didn't grant custody. The mother testified at this trial that she has a history of meth abuse.

I think the treadmill video is a red herring because the child wasn't seriously injured and LE investigated after the incident. Kids fall and get bruised all the time.

JMO

So when do we return to court? Is it the 21st? Need to try to make sure I can watch.
iirc, the Judge said it would be a four-day weekend so that would make it Tuesday, 21st.

JMO

I think this is wrong. Roman was with the officer that did the welfare check. He was "training" him. Roman testified he had previously seen Corey playing football with his father from his car. I think he is lying as the defense will use it to claim bruises were from football. Don't believe it at all. 200pounder against a slim 50lb child?
Breanna said they played a little together but then he was in flag football which I've already posted about. Watch. Gallucci won't mention the word flag.

Imo

Last edited:
I believe Dr. Baden will agree with the ME's conclusion that the cause of death was sepsis which is what the Defense said in his opening statement.

JMO

Gallucci told the jurors in his opening statement that Baden will tell them Corey died as a result of sepsis, likely caused by an infection such as pneumonia.
What evidence has been given by anyone to say COD was sepsis? TIA

I think the autopsy report has been released publicly because the media is reporting what it says.

JMO

Dr. Dante Ragusa, an Ocean County medical examiner who performed an April 3 autopsy on Corey’s body, issued a finding on the cause of death: Blunt force injuries with cardiac and liver contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis.

None, Dr S... Ragusa has not testified yet, and it seems Dr Braden may be 'otherwise occupied' as well. Maybe Phil Spector had a word to him. Here is a news report of the sequence of events re COD.

( you can always trust the NZers.)

'An initial autopsy completed after Micciolo’s April 2 death revealed intensive bruising to the little boy’s body, giving the cause of death as blunt force injuries, contusions to the heart and liver, acute inflammation and sepsis.

Ocean County medical examiner Dr Dante Ragusa eventually recorded his findings as “undetermined”.

A review of the case by Dr Thomas Andrew in September 2021 discovered a laceration on his heart and ruled the death a homicide, leading to Gregor being arrested and charged
. '

Leaving out the bit where Ragusa 's findings are ' undetermined ' gives a faux impression, and apparently, Ragusa agrees with Andrew's conclusions. That is, Ragusa has moved on from 'undetermined' , to 'death by homicide,' and it's consequences.

If , as some are claiming, Mario is going to lay out Corey's death on Breanna, he seems to me to be leaving his run very close to the shade. He should have established that Corey came to the Gregor's covered in bruises,,but apparently, no one noticed. That might have shored up the claim,..there has been, so far, no rebuttal of the timeline by Andrews, and the devastating evidence,( to Gregor) of the vid clip ( sound only ) as Breanna takes him to the hospital, Corey speaking and walking normally.

How Mario is going to spin the fleeing fugitive stuff ,,I don't know. There is not much that can be recovered from that, really., If, as Gregor was so quick to scream hysterically to Mama on the phone, ' what did she do to him?'' if he thought that was true, why flee? One is quite often struck with sympathy for the defence lawyers, what an uphill battle they are in, and no sunny uplands in view, either ....It's all downhill from here., Gregor jnr on the stand is not going to present well. Everyone can see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173