NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was the first witness to testify. I believe she testified in front of the jury last week but now cannot.

Corey’s mother, who was the first witness on the stand, burst into tears as she watched her son allegedly being abused by his father in the footage.

“Chris is hysterical, hysterical,” she told the jury ....

They dare not put Mama Gregor on the stand in front of the jury, because that will result in her being questioned about Chris's dopey, idiotic, witless phone call from the jail berating his mother about some aspect of her proffered testimony that he was infuriated by..his risible attempt to 'coach ' Mum about her presentation...

No amount of being told he was being recorded made any impact on Chris. No. Telling mama off is important, you see...
So that knocked Mum out of the game before the kick off sounded.,

Thanks for this term over-explainer.

Bryan Kohberger did the same thing at a traffic stop. I couldn't think of the word...yes it is over-explainer.

Or, liar. When people tell the truth, they don't usually have a pat "story". They forget stuff, say they don't remember, have to stop and think for a minute. But, a liar, will usually rattle off a complete story in a heartbeat, with complete superfluous details. And have an answer for everything, because they have rehearsed it over and over several times.

This is Breanna's friend, and she states on the day Corey died a neighbor in Gregor's apartment complex saw Corey walking his dog in the morning & he was perfectly fine (around 16:59).

Does anyone know when the selfie was taken with CG and Corey?

She was the first witness to testify. I believe she testified in front of the jury last week but now cannot.

Corey’s mother, who was the first witness on the stand, burst into tears as she watched her son allegedly being abused by his father in the footage.

“Chris is hysterical, hysterical,” she told the jury ....

"Chris is hysterical" was CG's mom. It was not in front of jury but at a hearing.

Um... no. The mom of Christopher (Gregor Grandma) never testified in front of the jury. Whose news clip is that? That whole "What did she do to him?" (Hearsay) was from the proffer from last week, which was never in front of the jury. Hence the call this weekend where Christopher done effed up and called his mom to coordinate testimony, which then got her tossed off the witness list.

I think Detective Mitchell NOT being called was a huge blow to defense. This is what not so super Mario said as way of explanation and it sounds like someone flailing their arms: 1:36:30 timestamp from Day 8 video from Law & Crime.

"During the break I had the opportunity to discuss uh, we were going to call Detective Mitchell who you know is the lead investigator in this case, I had my client, WHATEVER (irritated tone).... Anyway, we had discussions with Mr Gregor about whether we should or should not call him, in the conversation with me and Ms Farante, um, and then I discussed what I was going to talk to Detective Mitchell about with Detective Mitchell and after that we decided we're not gonna call him as a witness. We're done for the day. "

PHEW. Sounds like someone needs to take some editing classes. I am sensing Mario feeling super flustered in this scenario.....

As a sop to the sticky situation regarding Chris' dunce like phone call, recorded ( recorded!, like.. pal, sport, mate, calls from jail are recorded , have been since phones were invented ) . Mario G made the decision not to call Rebecca ( Breanna's mother ) to the stand .. Quid pro quo.. no Gregor mama, no Breanna mama.,

An admission, really, that his client left his own attorney swinging in the breeze and required the attorney to smooze his way back into the front line with a huge concession.

BBM. Wasn't the child wearing a shirt and possibly a jacket when he arrived at his father's apartment?

The Defense attorney's job is to create reasonable doubt and he is doing just that. LE testified that data showed the father had turned around and was headed back to NJ when he was stopped by LE. LE also testified the father left the hospital and was seen on hospital security video AFTER the child was pronounced dead. Links have been posted to their testimony.

The Prosecution has introduced evidence that the child was seen at three different medical facilities with his mother. Their examinations showed he wasn't suffering from recent traumatic injury. The prosecution's expert witness/pathologist testified he believe the trauma was inflicted 4-12 hours prior to Corey's death. The child died at 5 PM so that 12-hour window extended back to 5 AM and she had custody of him for another 4 hours.

The mother testified she knowingly signed one hospital's AMA because she needed to return Corey to his father. But she didn't return him to his father until hours later. Instead, she took Corey to another hospital and apparently that hospital didn't detect any recent traumatic injury. But, she still didn't return the child to his father until 9 AM.

I'm looking forward to Dr. Baden's testimony!

I looked up the temp in NY for April 2021. Quite chilly:

JMO
BBM : I'd hardly say that a child being covered in bruises wasn't traumatic ( not life threatening at that time but certainly traumatic in my book IMO )
I was pointing out the news quote of the autopsy findings on cause of death because that is a public record. The ME did an autopsy, looked at the x-rays, blood work, etc because that is his job.

JMO

Dr. Dante Ragusa, an Ocean County medical examiner who performed an April 3 autopsy on Corey’s body, issued a finding on the cause of death: Blunt force injuries with cardiac and liver contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis.

JMO
I'm well aware of what a Medical Examiners job is.

Yep you keep posting the same paragraph over & over, I'm asking for evidence of sepsis!
iirc, his attorney told the Court today that CG will testify and that it might take more than a day.

JMO
Good he might be able to explain these searches done by him.

If Cory died of natural causes ( ie sepsis ) why all the google searches by dad?

March 25th 2021 @ 9:36pm " Will red marks turn into bruises?"

April 1st 2021 @ 8:43 pm " Neptune non emergency police"

April 1st 2021 @ 8:49 pm " Jersey Shore medical centre"

April 2nd 2021 @ 3:08 pm " lost consciousness, sleepy & nauseous - google search"

April 2nd 2021 @ 6:10 pm " Can your phone be tracked in airplane mode?"

April 2nd 2021 @ 6:10 pm " Can my car be tracked?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:14 pm " What causes a rise in blood sugar & white blood cells?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:55 pm " Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:56 pm " How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 4:28 pm " How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pung ( long? ) to die?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 6:55 pm " Can a GI bleed be slow?"

April 4th 2021 @ searchers for Mcghee Tyson Airport

April 4th 2021 @ 9:58 am " there was a murder determined from an autopsy , how long to file charges?"

NOTE : Not one word about sepsis but lots about .......maybe injuries? ;)

Does anyone know when the selfie was taken with CG and Corey?
2:06pm on 4/2 sent as an attachment to Marci (pizza date that night) with text

"Don't think I'm moving soon".

The detective who did the forensics on the phone said he used the text app to take the pic, so the pic was taken AT 2:06pm and it wasn't attached from his gallery.

And, AHA!!!!!! Keriann M is the tall blonde woman with straight hair in the video with Angenette above, she's the one in court almost every day!!!!! She was visible behind Christopher so it seemed as if she was there to support HIM but NOT SO!!!
WOW. What a friend.... to be there to sit in court to remind this monster that Breanna has support.

Can prosecution pleeeeeeeease call Marci and Laura to the stand!?!?!?!?!? They were in correspondence with this turd as it was all unfolding.

Last edited:
Maybe article is wrong because it specifically says she was the first witness and testified to the jury.
I watched it and it was a hearing without the jury present because the Defense wanted to call CG's mom as a witness. The Judge listened to his mom's testimony and decided it was okay. Today's hearing without the jury present the Defense told the Judge CG's mom won't be called as a witness because of a phone call between CG and his mom.

The Judge also decided today the 3-minute video wouldn't be allowed because LE had already testified about video evidence showing CG leaving the hospital, his phone pings showing he turned his car around and was headed back to NJ.

When the jury was present, the Judge reminded them not to discuss the case with anyone, not read any social media or news coverage. There's a ton of click bait about this case.

JMO

The detective who did the forensics on the phone said he used the text app to take the pic, so the pic was taken AT 2:06pm and it wasn't attached from his gallery.

And, AHA!!!!!! Keriann M is the tall blonde woman with straight hair in the video with Angenette above, she's the one in court almost every day!!!!! She was visible behind Christopher so it seemed as if she was there to support HIM but NOT SO!!!
WOW. What a friend.... to be there to sit in court to remind this monster that Breanna has support.

Can prosecution pleeeeeeeease call Marci and Laura to the stand!?!?!?!?!? They were in correspondence with this turd as it was all unfolding.
How did Corey's mother take a video of Corey at 2:06 PM on 4/2 if she had already dropped him off at CG's apt. at 9 AM?

JMO

There were other text messages that judge did not allow in because they were too prejudicial. Must have painted him as a real??? Great dad, not.

BBM : I'd hardly say that a child being covered in bruises wasn't traumatic ( not life threatening at that time but certainly traumatic in my book IMO )

I'm well aware of what a Medical Examiners job is.

Yep you keep posting the same paragraph over & over, I'm asking for evidence of sepsis!

Good he might be able to explain these searches done by him.

If Cory died of natural causes ( ie sepsis ) why all the google searches by dad?

March 25th 2021 @ 9:36pm " Will red marks turn into bruises?"

April 1st 2021 @ 8:43 pm " Neptune non emergency police"

April 1st 2021 @ 8:49 pm " Jersey Shore medical centre"

April 2nd 2021 @ 3:08 pm " lost consciousness, sleepy & nauseous - google search"

April 2nd 2021 @ 6:10 pm " Can your phone be tracked in airplane mode?"

April 2nd 2021 @ 6:10 pm " Can my car be tracked?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:14 pm " What causes a rise in blood sugar & white blood cells?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:55 pm " Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:56 pm " How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 4:28 pm " How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pung ( long? ) to die?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 6:55 pm " Can a GI bleed be slow?"

April 4th 2021 @ searchers for Mcghee Tyson Airport

April 4th 2021 @ 9:58 am " there was a murder determined from an autopsy , how long to file charges?"

NOTE : Not one word about sepsis but lots about .......maybe injuries? ;)

Sepsis is a blood infection. It can't be "seen" but there are other signs that would have been noted by the doctors in his medical record at the ER where he died. If you don't want to believe the conclusion of the ME after autopsy, that's up to you.
JMO

Hard to beieve that anyone could mistake this testimony as Breanna sending the pic to Chris's girlfriend. Whom she did not know , nor, probably, cared to know. No, This is Chris sending pics to Marci ( Pizza date , which gives you some idea of the significance )

I am a bit surprised that Marci and Laura are not demanding to be witnesses, maybe they might pop up later as 'character witnesses'.. , stand by your man,and all that.

Hard to beieve that anyone could mistake this testimony as Breanna sending the pic to Chris's girlfriend. Whom she did not know , nor, probably, cared to know. No, This is Chris sending pics to Marci ( Pizza date , which gives you some idea of the significance )

I am a bit surprised that Marci and Laura are not demanding to be witnesses, maybe they might pop up later as 'character witnesses'.. , stand by your man,and all that.
I am sure they are now running for the hills as any normal person would do.

Cant imagine being a defense attorney. I know that is our system...but wow. Especially when there is so much incriminating evidence against your client. AND then you have to admit in court to the judge that your client was coaching a witness?? Must be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173