NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know who CG's friends were at CPS that kept ignoring the 100 calls Breanna made to them. AND the judge that denied custody to Breanna on that last day. I think they were also responsible for ignoring abuse.
I would like them to have to watch that treadmill video on the anniversary of Corey's death every year so that they can reflect on what biases (or laziness) caused them to ignore Breanna (and the significant bruising). I am very anxious about this verdict. It seems so clear but so much has gone wrong with the "system" here that it is hard to keep the faith.
I have no clue whether blunt-force trauma could trigger sepsis, but I have my doubts.

MOO, but I don't think the expert will try to assert that. From what I've read and heard, he's going to assert the visible organ damage was a result of sepsis that resulted from pneumonia.
I know the rupture of any part of the GI tract (which can happen from blunt force trauma) is often the cause of sepsis. I'm not sure about other organs though both the kidney and liver filter toxins.

"If your GI tract is perforated, the contents may spill into your abdomen and cause peritonitis, an infection. Such an infection can lead to sepsis."

ETA - Sadly I know from experience that a ruptured appendix can cause fatal sepsis as well. My daughter's friend passed away from sepsis from a ruptured appendix.

Last edited:
Jury instructions. CG father sitting behind prosecution, looking very somber. I support LE and sad to see someone who dedicated his life to protecting people raise a man that killed his own son.

And what an eerie feeling looking at CG's face and seeing the similarity to Corey. I just dont understand how a parent can cause that much pain to a defenseless version of himself.

Reminds me of the 1956 movie The Bad Seed. Are some people just born bad, or was it their environment. Maybe many different issues can come together to create this type of crime. I would like CG to get life without parole. I dont think he is redeemable.

I think judge is doing good job, imo.

EDIT: ok, CG might want to explain internet searches, and his leaving hospital and trip to Arkansas, so might get on the stand. I imagine he might want to trash Breanna. Her over night visits. UGH.

Last edited:
Defense wanted to push off Dr B till friday morning, then start CG in the afternoon so jury would have 3 days over weekend to mull on defense. They wanted jury to go till 4pm. Judge said no. No late friday for jury, defense could start on tuesday if they could not rap up by 3pm friday.

Of course Dr B will say nature cause of death.

I have no clue whether blunt-force trauma could trigger sepsis, but I have my doubts.

MOO, but I don't think the expert will try to assert that. From what I've read and heard, he's going to assert the visible organ damage was a result of sepsis that resulted from pneumonia.

And, as far as I know, that scenario is a medical possibility, which is why I wonder if his testimony will plant doubt in the minds of one or more jurors.

So, I'm picturing a scenario (JMOO) whereby a renowned expert comes in and gives the jury an alternate explanation for that organ damage--one that is backed by medical science.

What bothers me a bit about Dr. Andrew is that he didn't make his determination solely on the autopsy evidence. I wish he would/could have. But, they showed him the treadmill video--and (MOO) that might have colored his professional opinion.

We know Corey didn't die from injuries obtained in the treadmill video, but it did set the stage for CG to be considered an abuser. He is an abuser.

But, I think Dr. Andrew should have rendered his opinion solely on the reports he obtained from the autopsy.
Harvard study…

“This study suggests that mitochondria – which can spill into the bloodstream following a physical injury — look enough like the bacteria they originated from to elicit an immune response,” notes Scott Somers, PhD, program director at the National Institute of General Medical Sciences. “This work offers important insight into why the body’s response to physical trauma mirrors that of bacterial sepsis, and may lead to new strategies for treating severely injured patients.”

Adds Hauser, “Since external injuries and events causing sterile tissue death seem to have just as much potential for causing SIRS as does infection, many of the conditions that we’ve traditionally treated with antibiotics may turn out to not be infections and may, in fact, require very different types of treatment. Going forward, we hope to collaborate with researchers who are working to identify the origins of inflammation in other clinical conditions.”

Another study…

Sepsis in Trauma: A Deadly Complication - PubMed in trauma patients

Sepsis is a major cause of death following a traumatic injury. As a life-threatening medical emergency, it is defined as the body's extreme response to an infection. Without timely treatment, sepsis can rapidly lead to tissue damage, and organ failure The capacity to limit tissue damage through metabolic adaptation and repair processes is associated with an excessive immune response of the host. It is important to make an early prediction of sepsis, based on the quick Sepsis associated Organ Failure Assessment Score (qSOFA), so an accurate treatment can be initiated reducing the morbidity and mortality at the emergency and UCI services. Many factors increase the rate of complications and the development of sepsis in a trauma patient, representing a challenge to orthopedic surgeons

Last edited:
Moo. I had sepsis from blunt force trauma. Got hit at high speed by car at back of knees, I bounced over car. Taken to hospital, no broken bones, just road rash and heavy bruising. Got put on pain killer, everything fine for a week. Then one day leg started to swell, temp went up. Went to walk in clinic, had blood tests done. By now my mind was going, I don't remember anything till a week later, when I came back to reality at hospital.
The clinic had phoned me same day to go directly to the hospital, but I don't remember. House mates found me on floor. I ended up with a 2 inch wide 1 inch deep whole in back of leg. 6 weeks in hospital, skin grafts. Except for scar and no feeling in parts of leg. It's just fine.

TOMS RIVER – As both the prosecution and defense present their cases in the state’s trial against Christopher Gregor for the endangerment and murder of his six-year-old child, one crucial voice is all too silent: that of the young victim, Corey Micciolo.

Much of what Corey allegedly said before his death has been excluded from the jury as hearsay evidence.

A single, accidental video taken by Corey’s mother, Breanna Micciolo, on the morning of her son’s death, barely captures Corey’s voice. In the video, Corey can be heard questioning his mother as she hands him a piece of paper to give to his father, the last time she would see him alive.

Breanna explained to her son that the paper needed to be given to his father because “he’s your other parent, so it’s his right to see it because you went to the doctor.”

Complete article at link...

May 21, 2024

In a way hoping he does testify. He is a psychopath. No other way to explain his nastiness. The jury will see through him. Is he even aware of his behavior? Does he think his actions are nothing more than typical, his usual self? Not giving him a pass.

Suspect we will see lack of empathy - lack of emotions - lack of remorse, the list is long.

Treadmills are not made for children. He can't possibly justify his actions that day. Only admit his wrong. Don't think he is capable of doing that.

In addition, his actions are unethical and he has no regard for others. This is a dangerous adult. Puts on a facade - narcissism - 100%.

If he does testify, perhaps his evil scary self will show during testimony. His eyes are dead.
Does he actually think what he did was okay? His record shows mistreatment of others too.

All speculation - moo

The jury that will decide Gregor's guilt or innocence, however, will not get to view the body-camera footage.

Ryan, at hearing outside the presence of the panel Wednesday, ruled last week the video was inadmissible as evidence because it was filled with hearsay.

However, Jamie Schron, an assistant Ocean County prosecutor, told the judge the state will confront Gregor with statements he made on the video during cross-examination of him if he says something different when he is on the witness stand later this week.
'Were you trying to cross the border?' Tenn. cop asks Chris Gregor after Corey's death

In a way hoping he does testify. He is a psychopath. No other way to explain his nastiness. The jury will see through him. Is he even aware of his behavior? Does he think his actions are nothing more than typical, his usual self? Not giving him a pass.

Suspect we will see lack of empathy - lack of emotions - lack of remorse, the list is long.

Treadmills are not made for children. He can't possibly justify his actions that day. Only admit his wrong. Don't think he is capable of doing that.

In addition, his actions are unethical and he has no regard for others. This is a dangerous adult. Puts on a facade - narcissism - 100%.

If he does testify, perhaps his evil scary self will show during testimony. His eyes are dead.
Does he actually think what he did was okay? His record shows mistreatment of others too.

All speculation - moo
It is my deepest wish that he takes the stand and takes umbrage at being questioned by the lady prosecutors. Possibly, he may take the same line he does with his own Mama and instinctively start to browbeat and verbally batter her, all beautifully provoked by the prosecutor for the very purpose of exposing Gregor's lack of control.

It is a frightful dilemma for Dad and Mario. ( it is my opinion that Dad is running this defence and paying for it ) Can Chris manage to present himself as at the very least , sane and sensible?.. Maybe. For a while. How he can explain the treadmill , I don't know.

No one gets on a moving treadmill. He was forcing a child to do that ! You stop the treadmill, grasp the handles and get on the platform. No one takes a running leap onto the moving platform. There is no explanation for that, except malignancy, and malevolence.

What could have made him so angry at Corey? Perhaps Corey was the scapegoat, for all his rage, rage at Breanna, rage at Ma and Pa, rage at being under pressure to buy a wretched fixer upper house from Mama , being dug into deep debt for the rest of his life, stuck in New Jersey forever, looking at 40 looming up, a lifetime of feeling entitled and not being entitled, what is clear is, he is still angry. Murdering Corey has not cured all his imaginary ills.

It is my deepest wish that he takes the stand and takes umbrage at being questioned by the lady prosecutors. Possibly, he may take the same line he does with his own Mama and instinctively start to browbeat and verbally batter her, all beautifully provoked by the prosecutor for the very purpose of exposing Gregor's lack of control.

It is a frightful dilemma for Dad and Mario. ( it is my opinion that Dad is running this defence and paying for it ) Can Chris manage to present himself as at the very least , sane and sensible?.. Maybe. For a while. How he can explain the treadmill , I don't know.

No one gets on a moving treadmill. He was forcing a child to do that ! You stop the treadmill, grasp the handles and get on the platform. No one takes a running leap onto the moving platform. There is no explanation for that, except malignancy, and malevolence.

What could have made him so angry at Corey? Perhaps Corey was the scapegoat, for all his rage, rage at Breanna, rage at Ma and Pa, rage at being under pressure to buy a wretched fixer upper house from Mama , being dug into deep debt for the rest of his life, stuck in New Jersey forever, looking at 40 looming up, a lifetime of feeling entitled and not being entitled, what is clear is, he is still angry. Murdering Corey has not cured all his imaginary ills.

Maybe he can get a "license plate" job in prison for a dollar a day and feel better about himself.

Maybe he can get a "license plate" job in prison for a dollar a day and feel better about himself.
It might, if everyone else is paid 50 cents a day... Gregor Jnr has taken the position of 'victim', in any situation, for sure, EVERY situation he has ever got himself into, someone else is to blame. I get the distinct impression that Gregor Jnr is going to claim, in all seriousness, that Corey was to blame for his own death, would he do what his father said? did he tell people stuff his father told him not to? did Corey object to certain instructions his own father gave him? ... well. there you are, you see. That's what happens.

He is so detached from his own son's death. He can sit there day after day, the subject being the horrific painful dreadful death of a little boy, and maintain his stoic exterior, hour after hour... He has detached himself from the whole carnival of court. The indictor of a man who sees life differently, the psychopaths view of life.

It might, if everyone else is paid 50 cents a day... Gregor Jnr has taken the position of 'victim', in any situation, for sure, EVERY situation he has ever got himself into, someone else is to blame. I get the distinct impression that Gregor Jnr is going to claim, in all seriousness, that Corey was to blame for his own death, would he do what his father said? did he tell people stuff his father told him not to? did Corey object to certain instructions his own father gave him? ... well. there you are, you see. That's what happens.

If Gregor gets on the stand in front of 12 citizens who are deciding his fate, and blames his little sweet son for his own death, the jurors will find him guilty in 30 minutes....2 Cents

Last edited:
If Gregor gets on the stand in front of 12 citizens who are deciding his fate, and blames his little sweet son for his own death, the juros will find him guilty in 30 minutes....2 Cents
Would he be that stupid?? It is not improbable, this is not a clever bloke, by any means, in the social arts. He may have a few degrees here and there, but he has not advanced in any noticeable way in his chosen field. Mario must be spending hours each night coaching him, over and over, hoping, praying, maybe bringing in Dad to re enforce instructions, maybe sending Dad away as it gets Chris in a knot, dad nagging at him.. . No one could envy Mario, he has a real suitcase of trouble.

Chris is not naturally appealing., oh he tries, the little angelic look, the carefully spruiked 'little sporty' hair, the crisp shirt, the suit, maybe that plays well in New Jersey.. . I don't know. I somehow doubt it., Mario cannot make him appealing, or acceptable, or even human, without terrific effort. .

Looking at him during this discussion without the jury, Chris is playing the part of the helpful paralegal , all pencil, nodding, frowning, underlining stuff, flicking thru the pages, being 'consultative' with Mario, Dad glowering in the background, making little suggestions here and there, hearing the prosecutors speak on 'cruelty to a child' and he neeeeeever turns a hair!!.. nooo, nothin to do with him. They are talking about someone else. Chris is enjoying this. Here I am , Chris Gregor , running my own court case, directing counsel and prosecutor and judge, all on my own little self.. look at moi..

Would he be that stupid?? It is not improbable, this is not a clever bloke, by any means, in the social arts. He may have a few degrees here and there, but he has not advanced in any noticeable way in his chosen field. Mario must be spending hours each night coaching him, over and over, hoping, praying, maybe bringing in Dad to re enforce instructions, maybe sending Dad away as it gets Chris in a knot, dad nagging at him.. . No one could envy Mario, he has a real suitcase of trouble.

Chris is not naturally appealing., oh he tries, the little angelic look, the carefully spruiked 'little sporty' hair, the crisp shirt, the suit, maybe that plays well in New Jersey.. . I don't know. I somehow doubt it., Mario cannot make him appealing, or acceptable, or even human, without terrific effort. .

I look at him and see anger, arrogance and contempt. When he is found guilty he will probably cuss out the jurors (to his parents) on the phone from jail.

It will be the jurors' fault he is in jail. You said he never blames himself.

2 Cents

I look at him and see anger, arrogance and contempt. When he is found guilty he will probably cuss out the jurors (to his parents) on the phone from jail.

It will be the jurors' fault he is in jail. You said he never blames himself.

2 Cents
His phone call to CPS that morning, classic stuff from Chris, he has been doing this all his life. a carefully planned ambush, to deflect and delay enquiry into his own actions, always a handy target for Chris to lay down brick by brick how someone else did it, not him. Not him, at all. He was so calm, and so focused on that call , he covered all the bases as he saw it, and I figured he was well pleased with his effort, it was a success to him,..

His phone call to CPS that morning, classic stuff from Chris, he has been doing this all his life. a carefully planned ambush, to deflect and delay enquiry into his own actions, always a handy target for Chris to lay down brick by brick how someone else did it, not him. Not him, at all. He was so calm, and so focused on that call , he covered all the bases as he saw it, and I figured he was well pleased with his effort, it was a success to him,..

Makes sense only to a lunatic.

His yelling over and over "What did she do to him?" was clearly a ploy. He was up a creek without a paddle and knew it.

He was planning his defese from the minute he put his son in his car to drive him to the hospital. He took off for Mexico plotting and planning all the way down.

His attorney should find another career if he is encouraging this foolish killer to take the stand.

2 Cents

Probably. Somehow, this not too smart man managed to go through school as an athlete. Then he was kicked out of college. I don’t know what he suffers from, it is above and beyond narcissism. Parents view him as a failure, girls…do you think they want to date a 30-year old man without a steady job or plans for the future? I think Corey, the son of a “thrashy” mom, per CG,reminded him of own “thrashiness”, and this is what he wouldn’t want to admit. That without the help of his family, he’d sink ten times lower than BM.

Have you guys seen this one yet? This case is making me sick, not like the flu or anything, just general aversion to letting any of those Gregors or their mouthpiece invade my life or mental space.

Forensic Pathologist to Testify that Christopher Gregor's Son Didn't Die from Abuse​

Interesting. So the judge says neither party has to restrict their manner of death to one of the 5 options (state being homicide and defense says natural) they can provide a summary. I think it sounds a bit hokey that an seemingly healthy child suddenly dies from natural causes IMO would benefit the defense to not be locked into those 5 options.

I am still so curious to see if the defense Pathologist will simply ignore the blunt force trauma in their report. How do you get around that!

Also of note.. The judge does address that causation includes the “but-for” test, which I think was proven positive in both prior pathologist reports including the autopsy. IMO “But-for” the blunt force trauma, would the internal injuries and resultant inflammation/sepsis have occurred ? Doesn’t sound like it (in my non-legal opinion)

ALL MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members