Identified! NJ - Woodbridge, LIVING woman w/ amnesia, Nov'94 - Elba Diaz Soccarras

I'm not really sure if my prints are on file, when I was younger my school had the police do these cards for all the kids called Kids Cards and your thumb print and a current picture of you were on the card. I remember making up another paper with all my fingerprints on them, but I don't know what they did with them...like if they'd be on file or not? I remember you got two cards, one to carry with you and one for your parent. It was a really neat program, but I'm not sure if they even do it anymore.

Paradise said:
I'm not really sure if my prints are on file, when I was younger my school had the police do these cards for all the kids called Kids Cards and your thumb print and a current picture of you were on the card. I remember making up another paper with all my fingerprints on them, but I don't know what they did with them...like if they'd be on file or not? I remember you got two cards, one to carry with you and one for your parent. It was a really neat program, but I'm not sure if they even do it anymore.

I had my kids fingerprinted as a child. But the fingerprint card was given to me to keep, and never entered into any database. I think that is the policy of most kid ID kits. The purpose is to make the fingerprints available for the parents use if needed, but not to put them into any database associated with criminal checks.

PonderingThings said:
There has to be some kind of official record on the missing woman to compare fingerprints to, as I can't imagine them dusting her apartment for prints for a missing person's report (although it might have happened), or even if they did how would they know for sure it was her print?
As I understand it, the missing woman has a criminal record.

NJSP isn't big on updates...Has anyone thought to contact the local PD for an update on this case, such as where the woman is now? She was found in '94, I would think there had to be some development in the intervening 12 years.

My wild theory:

What if the mention of Altagracia is a reference to
[SIZE=+3]AMPARO ALTAGRACIA MONTAS HERNANDEZ[/SIZE] ?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/fugitives/vc/additional/hernandez_aam.htm

I just thought I would toss that out there. I mean, if you are busy running people across the border and running brothels, it is kinda hard to be a full-time caregiver. So maybe her daughter left her at the mall in the hopes she would become someone else's 'problem'? Just a theory.

This is sad, but it's easier to "dump" an aged person than a child. All a person needs to do is say the elder person went to live with another relative or was placed in a nursing home. Most people would never question this.

What if this woman either worked for Amparo Altagracia Montas Hernandez, or could she be related to her? (She was born in 1960.) A number of Mexican women were illegally imported into the US to work for her.

Elba Leonor Diaz Soccarras http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...4&topicId=100020825&docId=l:944295256&start=1

This is a wonderful story, but a tad bit sad. Not sure if I posted it in the right place.

security guard found her on Nov 2, 1994, wandering through the Woodbridge Center mall, well-dressed and clean but lost and disoriented. She carried no identification in her purse, and in broken English explained she couldn't remember who she was or how she had gotten there.

For years, a private room at the Senator Garrett W. Hagedorn Psychiatric Hospital in Hunterdon County has been her home, where she has remained a Jane Doe unknown to herself and the world - missed, it seemed, by no one.

All the while, Hagedorn's mystery woman drifted deeper into Alzheimer's, losing her ability to speak.

But through the diligence of a Human Services police officer who made her case his own special mission for six years, she now has her name back and some of her past.

From my understand the daughter must have abandoned her at the mall and none of her family has ever reported her missing. Here is a picture of her, she now gets to move to a nursing home instead of a psych ward. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/now_we_know_her_name_elba/print.html

Thank you for the post-this gives hope to those who work on UID's, and it makes me realize that people like Benjaman Kyle are not alone.

I'm glad they've found out who this lady is. Shame on her daughter. I almost wish they would leave her where she is. This has become her home and I'm sure she feels safe there.

176UFNJ.jpg

Elba S.

This amnesia victim was located wandering the Woodbridge Mall in Woodbridge, New Jersey on November 2, 1994. She was identified in February 2009 with the assistance of the Colombian Consulate in New York, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, several informants who responded to media coverage, and a family member who was located in February 2009.

www.doenetwork.org

So... do we know if she was the missing woman mentioned earlier in this thread, or not?

..."several informants who responded to media coverage..." -- sounds like WSers! :rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back