NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

Wow! I was just away a short time and was surprised to see the good news that broke while I was gone. That was really fast! Congratulations to LE for excellent work. I hope the baby is OK, but I think it would have been mentioned if she was not. It will be so interesting to hear the steps that were taken to find the suspect. Was it someone known to the mom? were they followed by a stranger? was it someone encountered at the park? was there a tip? were finger prints or DNA left behind? was something seen on a camera? So many questions. Praying the sister will make a full recovery and that baby is unharmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent the morning searching online around the area of the park/drive thru/looking for the dollar store trying to figure out the path they took. I did see a gun/shooting range ( 2 actually) less then 10 miles from the park so my head was thinking a crime of opportunity however now I'm thinking someone could have reported a person who all of a sudden showed up with a baby? Agree with above, could be someone who knows the mom and knew that baby would be with her. IMO
I’m wondering if one or both of the women posted on social media which Walmart they planned on going to? Perhaps someone acquainted with them who lurked may have seen this as the perfect opportunity to snatch up the baby.

Clovis Police Department

34m ·
MEDIA RELEASE
CLOVIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
CLOVIS NEW MEXICO

Released through the Office of Roy Rice, Chief of Police,
Clovis Police Department

By Steven Wright, Lieutenant, Clovis Police Department, (575) 763-9469

***UPDATE***
Release Date: 05/06/24

Incident Type: Update - Double Homicide – Child Abduction, Ned Houk Park, Clovis, New Mexico

Contact Person: Steven Wright, Lieutenant, Public Information Officer, 575-763-9469

Clovis, NM – May 6, 2024 – Through a collaborated law enforcement effort, 10-month-old ET has been located and a suspect has been taken into custody. Baby ET has been taken to a local area hospital as a precautionary measure. The Clovis Police Department would like to thank all agencies involved in this investigation that worked tirelessly to reach this conclusion. We will release more details at a later time.

I’m wondering if one or both of the women posted on social media which Walmart they planned on going to? Perhaps someone acquainted with them who lurked may have seen this as the perfect opportunity to snatch up the baby.
Or maybe there was a plan to meet at the park to sell a dog? This is anyones guess IMO

Or maybe there was a plan to meet at the park to sell a dog? This is anyones guess IMO

I think it's good to remember that statistically it's most likely these crimes were committed by a domestic partner/parent. But we shall see.

Amazing that baby ET has been recovered unharmed and a suspect taken into custody. SO little information about the suspect though.

Specifically, I’m wondering if they think their suspect is it, or if anyone else was directly involved. Doesn’t seem like there has been a statement on potential danger to the public, and I do think a hypothetical second suspect would be a danger to the public in this situation. It continues to nag at me though that three people were shot in public and someone heard gunshots but no one heard screams.

ADMIN NOTE:

Baby's name has been changed to initials throughout this thread. Going forward, please use only the initials or your post will be removed. If you see a post with the name in it, please Report it.

Thanks everyone !!

ADMIN NOTE:

Baby's name has been changed to initials throughout this thread. Going forward, please use only the initials or your post will be removed. If you see a post with the name in it, please Report it.

Thanks everyone !!
Thank you for reinstating the thread! This case is far from over. We need to see justice done!

During the news conference on Monday, the Clovis Police Department released the identity of the alleged suspect in the investigation.

Collins-Alek-Isaiah-taylor.jpg

According to Clovis Police, Alec Collins was taken into custody on Monday. Collins was charged with two open counts of murder, one count of kidnapping, and two counts of child abuse.

Just watched the press conference. The suspect is a 26yo man who apparently has no connection to either of the women. LE is processing evidence and is still investigating for a motive. They want his picture circulated and ask that anyone who recognizes him to contact them. District Attorney said that there will probably be federal and state charges in addition to the charges he announced.

I don't see a link for a replay of the news conference yet, but I'm sure it will be posted soon on YT.

Deputy Chief Trevor Thron said the suspect, 26-year-old Alek Isaiah Collins of the Houston, Texas area, is in custody in Abilene.

Thron states police believe the suspect was staying at a residence in Abilene. Police were sent to that location where he was arrested and the 10-month-old was rescued.

District Attorney Quentin Ray said the suspect is charged two counts of first degree murder, first degree kidnapping and two counts of child abuse.

1715037965827.png

Law enforcement got a tip that Collins was staying at a house in Abilene, more than 260 miles away.

Police and the FBI arrested Collins and rescued 10-month-old EMT.

Clovis police said (baby) was not injured.

Police said they do not believe Collins is related to any of the victims.

Collins is from Manvel, about 30 minutes south of Houston.

BBM

This really is unexpected. Is it some irrational behaviour caused by drugs or psychiatric problems? Or/and had he lost his own child and flipped? Or/and a predator of some sorts? It does not appear as if he needed the baby for someone else, though I guess it is still possible.
The why is really confusing here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back