NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

In the article linked in post 55, the Deputy Police Chief is quoted as saying that the family has requested that no updates on the 5yo's condition be released to the public. I believe that it is understandable that they would not want the person(s) responsible to know the status of her condition. The killer(s) probably thought that she was dead, and now they know she is alive, but don't know how fully she might recover or if she will have any memory of what happened. I think that after being shot in the head, that if she survives, it is likely that she won't remember what happened -- but we don't know that, for sure, and neither do the monster(s) who caused this horror -- and it is best that they don't know.
I can certainly understand why, for privacy reasons.

I also started a thread when I learned ET was found ALIVE and couldn't find this one (ETA it appears to have been temporarily taken down), and it was edited and whooshed. I understand that, too. It's a little bit of good news in all this darkness.

Happy the baby was found safe!!! But surprised this was so random. Did he run into them at the park and act on impulse. That is so very frightening!!!

Last edited:
I"m seeing this monsters name as Alec and Alek. FYI
The jail is spelling it Alek, FWIW.

alek collins.jpg
Booking #: 152544
Abilene Police Department
Facility:
Booked: 05/06/2024
Released:
Name Collins, Alek Isaiah
Desc Black Male 6' 200 lbs
Alias
Hair Brown
SO # 130752
Eyes Hazel
Address 2015 Oak Leaf
Houston, TX 77578

Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
O/S FEDERAL USM
O/S 1F AGG ROBBERY APD 05/06/2024
O/S 2F AGG ASSAULT AGAINST PUB SERVANT APD 05/06/2024

MAY 6, 2024
Rick Tomlin, city of Abilene, Texas, spokesman, said on the city's website that Collins is also being charged with aggravated robbery and assault on a peace officer.

Tomlin said at about 4:30 a.m. Monday, narcotic agents set up surveillance on a home where they eventually found and arrested Collins.

I'm hoping cell phone data will tell us more. Did this guy plan on buying dogs? If so, why would 2 young woman ( with children) meet in such a desolate place? I don't see it. Not in this day. Plus, I haven't heard a dog was missing. What are the chances that this ?? traveled that far and just ran into this situation by chance? Dear Lord, and HOW did they find him? Car maybe? It doesn't look like he's a local. I'm so glad the baby was unharmed that we know of and I'm praying for the other child as well. This is a mess. All IMO

Last edited:
From Twin Cronnies drive-in, it's about a mile and 1/2 to the Dollar Tree, which is on the way to Ned Houk Park. Walmart is just due West of Dollar Tree, across Hwy 209.

Address for the Dollar Tree is from this article:

Dollar Tree located at 3901 N. Prince Street

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member