GUILTY NM - Five Griego family members murdered in their Albuquerque home, 20 Jan 2013

http://www.meetone.com/voting-photo/2201579

Do you think this is him? If his User name is his DOB that would in fact make him 15. Follows what the neighbor said about wearing camo.

" well I'm a fun loving guy.who like to make ppl happy I might be shy but I'll open up once you get to know me"
It probably is him. His first name is very unusual, even for this part of the country.

http://www.meetone.com/voting-photo/2201579

Do you think this is him? If his User name is his DOB that would in fact make him 15. Follows what the neighbor said about wearing camo.

" well I'm a fun loving guy.who like to make ppl happy I might be shy but I'll open up once you get to know me"

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Odd, I just clicked on your link and it says he's "online" now. How can that be? Unless its LE monitoring his account?

Just odd - that's all.

JMHO

Odd, I just clicked on your link and it says he's "online" now. How can that be? Unless its LE monitoring his account?

Just odd - that's all.

JMHO

I wondered the same thing!

I have to ask....is it possible the shooter played violent video games?
This is terribly sad....A dad, mom and 3 children murdered! :( why?

New information in the Albuquerque Journal:

The suspect in custody is the couple’s 15-year-old son, [NG], who authorities believe shot and killed his mother, young brother and two young sisters about 1 a.m. Saturday, and then lay in wait for five hours before ambushing his father when he came home.

The Journal also has learned that authorities believe [NG] then put several loaded weapons, including the assault rifle, in the family van with the plan to drive to the nearest Walmart, gun down more people and eventually die in a shootout with police.

Authorities believe [NG's] parents owned the guns. The weapons had been stored in a closet, not in a gun safe.

More new information at the link:

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/01/21/news/five-dead-teen-accused-in-killing-spree.html

very sad. Weapons do not belong tucked away in the closet when you have 10 children. MOO

i also assume this will be a case of a domestic crime and the country will focus on gun control solely (valid) but overlook mental health as the actual "cause"

not trying to cause a debate on gun control. I'm neither wildly pro or con. just discouraged that mental health still seems to be pushed to the side.

In cases like this (the murder of parents and other family as opposed to school shootings), mental illness rarely plays a significant part, from what I have studied. It's usually about harsh discipline and abuse.

Almost every minor child who kills their parents cites some form of abuse that is usually supported to some degree by witnesses.

very sad. Weapons do not belong tucked away in the closet when you have 10 children. MOO

My father kept his shotgun in the hallway. And his .357 in his top dresser drawer. I knew where they were and was even allowed to handle them. It was the ammo that was hidden.

FTR, I am pro-gun control so please don't read anything contrary in my comment. I agree with you, except that I'm old skool: regulate the ammo. JMO, MOO, etc.

In cases like this (the murder of parents and other family as opposed to school shootings), mental illness rarely plays a significant part, from what I have studied. It's usually about harsh discipline and abuse.

Almost every minor child who kills their parents cites some form of abuse that is usually supported to some degree by witnesses.

I'm not disagreeing, but why his younger siblings too? I can't imagine a 2-year old was harsh or abusive. That's what I just don't get.

My father kept his shotgun in the hallway. And his .357 in his top dresser drawer. I knew where they were and was even allowed to handle them. It was the ammo that was hidden.

FTR, I am pro-gun control so please don't read anything contrary in my comment. I agree with you, except that I'm old skool: regulate the ammo. JMO, MOO, etc.

I hear ya, I am all for the right to own and bear arms, but I too see sense in gun control. I am too right to be left and too left to be right, falling somewhere in the middle.

When I was growing up our guns and ammo were locked up, away from me and my siblings ability to reach them. We were allowed to use and handle them, learn proper safety precautions all with adult supervision.

I just think these guns and ammo must not have been terribly secure from that houseful of children if this 15 year old had such ready access to them :(

New information in the Albuquerque Journal:

More new information at the link:

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/01/21/news/five-dead-teen-accused-in-killing-spree.html

Wow! Horrible!

"The Journal also has learned more details about what detectives believe unfolded at the Griegos’ home in the small hours of Saturday morning. They include:

Nehemiah had a minor disagreement with his mother on Friday night. He waited for her to go to sleep in her bedroom. About 1 a.m. Saturday, he went into his mother’s room and shot her multiple times.

His 9-year-old brother was sleeping in the bed, too, and as he woke up, Nehemiah told the youngster he had just killed their mother. He then shot his brother multiple times.

In a nearby room, Nehemiah’s young sisters began to scream and cry. He walked across the hall and into their room, then opened fire, shooting them both multiple times.

Nehemiah next went downstairs and waited several hours for his father to come home. His father arrived about 6 a.m., and Nehemiah shot him multiple times."

I'm not disagreeing, but why his younger siblings too? I can't imagine a 2-year old was harsh or abusive. That's what I just don't get.

who knows, once he killed the adult Griegos he may have realized there is no going back, it has been reported that he had loaded a lot of weapons in the family vehicle and intended to go on a shooting spree and die, suicide by cop.

When people decide they have nothing to lose because they have decided to die, taking others out with them, they don't care what innocents they take with them. It becomes about exiting in a "big" fashion. MOO

ETA just saw the post above this one with more detail about the shootings, including the minor disagreement with mom, etc.

Some people (look up Kip Kinkel) kill their parents, then go to school and start shooting. Adma Lanza kill his mother first, then went to school and started shooting. No abuse by parents was alleged in either of the two above mentioned cases.

Father Was Gang Member Turned Pastor

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/01/21/news/father-was-gang-member-turned-pastor.html

Griego was a former gang member, according to an article posted on the Prison Fellowship website.

Griego had converted his backyard barn into a halfway house for released prisoners, according to neighbors.
Griego held several jobs, but lost his position at Calvary church a few months ago and had struggled to find work, said a neighbor, who attends weekly Bible study at the home.

The lack of funds left the family living “paycheck to paycheck,” she said, and, “it’s been really rough on them.”

Probable cause statement lays out motive and details in murder of Griego family (read the document below, GRPAHIC) (sic)

A statement of probable cause filed in connection with the murder of five people Saturday in the South Valley says the 15-year-old suspect initially told people at his church that his family had been killed in a car crash and were laying dead inside the home.

Much more at the links.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2903832.shtml?cat=500

From the statement of probable cause:

...he noticed that his sisters were crying and he shot both of them in the head.

Just as chilling is the account of him shooting his 9 year old brother who was sleeping in the same bed as their mother. The 9 year old was awakened by the sound of the gunfire when their mother was shot in the head by NG.

WARNING -- the statement of probable cause is graphic.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/121500273...-New-Mexico-murder-suspect-Nehemiah-Griego-15

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back