NM NM - Ingrid Lane, 37, Jemez Springs, 15 Oct 2023

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
Nov 4, 2023 article

[…]

Lane was last seen at a meditation center in Jemez Springs before she went on a hike. The Sandoval County Sheriff’s Office, State Police, and New Mexico Search and Rescue are all working together to find Lane.

Deputies found her car in Jemez Springs, but no other evidence of her whereabouts.

Search dogs and drones have also been used to try and find her with no success. The Sheriff’s Office said they don’t suspect any foul play and added that this has been a heartbreaking case.

[…]

Her Facebook Page - Log into Facebook

Find Page ran by Ingrid's twin sister - Log into Facebook

Sister is Admin, so I can bring posts here, per TOS
We have confirmation she was seen Sunday afternoon at that site. Her car had broken down. Some hunters helped and offered her a ride out. She said she was trying to reach a peak or mountain nearby so didn’t take their ride. So we think she got a ride to somewhere else but drones couldn’t find evidence of her at any nearby peaks or mountains.

Woman Missing Since Oct. 15 Last Seen In Jemez Springs Area​

1699208453779.png

Ingrid Coleen Lane, 37, has been missing since Sunday, October 15, 2023. She stayed overnight Saturday, October 14 at the Bodhi Manda Zen Center in Jemez Springs, a place where she had attended retreats a number of times. On Sunday morning, she meditated with the group and planned to either go back to Albuquerque or go to Los Alamos.

The next known information is that her car, a black 2019 Subaru Impreza, with a broken rear window, was found abandoned on Forest Road 144, between Jemez Springs and Los Alamos.

The director and Bodhi Manda said Ingrid seemed to be in a good frame of mind. Her going for a hike is not out of character.

Meditation Center

This is so sad. I hope Ingrid is located soon. I have happy memories of travels to Jemez Springs; the natural beauty there is spectacular. It seems she felt safe going off on her own from the Zen Center. Wishing for the best outcome.

So the husband interviewed on air for local new station - story is more interesting. I won't say my first impression of him.

But watch this and see what your gut tells you...

The car was more damaged than news articles say and a giant rock maybe her property was in the back seat and there was a unused burner phone in car.

???

Last edited:
But three days without hearing from her prompted Scuderi to call the police. He says an Apple air tag pinged and led investigators to her damaged car, and a couple of hunters.

“And they said ‘Hey we saw this woman, talked to her.’ She apparently flagged them down, said her car had got messed up. They helped her with a tire and um – offered to give her a ride back down to the main road which she didn’t take. Said she was really determined to get to the top of a mountain or a peak,” said Scuderi.
Potential car states:
  • Car functioning - Must be true to drive to the location where it was found
  • Car malfunctioning - Something happened - to the tire? - so it was not drivable, presumably
  • Car damaged - Back window smashed, hood looks popped (maybe not damage), other damage?
    • Did this happen at the same time the car became malfunctioning?
    • Maybe damage happened in the intervening 3 days. Local riff-raff?

why the mention of the rock that broke the window possibly being from their own front yard? odd detail that one IMO
News footage showed the smashed back window, then cut to footage of the rock in the rear passenger seat.
No claims that that rock broke that I heard. Did someone claim that rock broke the window?

News footage showed the smashed back window, then cut to footage of the rock in the rear passenger seat.
No claims that that rock broke that I heard. Did someone claim that rock broke the window?
I imagine this could be read a few different ways: (from the Husband asks for help after wife goes missing in Jemez Mountains story)

Her car had a spare tire on it, the back window was smashed with a rock in the back seat. Scuderi says it might be from his front yard in Albuquerque.

was the window smashed with a rock that ended up in the back seat? or was the window smashed AND there was a rock in the back seat?

But three days without hearing from her prompted Scuderi to call the police. He says an Apple air tag pinged and led investigators to her damaged car, and a couple of hunters.

Apple Airtag tech specs show connectivity only through bluetooth, but any iphone/ipad device can connect and report its location. Where is her phone? Did the hunter's phone pick up the AirTag?

Thoughts:
  • Did she leave the key fob in the car?
    • Consider if the husband gave investigators a spare key. I doubt the investigators who took that photo would have put the key on the knob for the photo :shrug:
    • Did she consider the car could have been stolen or broken into if she left the key? Or was it too remote for that possibility?
  • How were the hunters contacted?
    • Did they leave a note on the car? Did they mention to law enforcement they saw the woman?
  • Was the car damaged after she parked it?
  • Why burner phone?
    • Did she buy it thinking her iphone (I presume she owned an iphone) wouldn't have service?
    • Was it someone else's?
  • Maybe she parked it, someone else stole the car, damaged it, then left it in the final location it was found?
    • She might have been stranded somewhere else if so.
    • Where did the hunters encounter her? If it was where the car was found it would disprove this hypothesis.

“One very strange detail is that they found a burner phone in her car, but still in its package, not opened, not activated,” Scuderi said. “That’s a shock to me. That’s a huge shock to me to find out.”

Tracfone package was open. Maybe he meant the phone hadn't been taken out.

1699309822550.png

I truly hope she will be safely located.

This case isn't straightforward.

Is the key in the ignition because she left it that way or because investigators wanted to see if the car would start, and it's the spare? If she left it behind, why?

Could the burner phone be one she kept as backup, in case of emergency while in a rural area?

What's going on with the broken window and rock?

Is the key in the ignition because she left it that way or because investigators wanted to see if the car would start, and it's the spare? If she left it behind, why?
I would be very disappointed if the investigators left the key hanging there for the photo. But it's not stated who took the photo :shrug:.
Why leave it behind?
  • Loopy from the altitude? It's high elevation all throughout that area.
  • Forgetful?
  • She considered it safe to do so? Don't need the key except when in the car.
Other possibilities:
  • She was taken before starting the hike
  • She locked the car and left for hiking but
    • A troublemaker found a spare key on a magnet underneath, OR
    • A troublemaker broke in through back window, found a spare key inside the car (...and hung it on the knob?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back