NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

Tricia and Sunshine 1950 have been in contact regarding the missing 'investigative reports" posts.

Sunshine has been notified of the reason the posts were removed and she and Tricia are working on it..........

Please continue sleuthing this case.... but we'll have to leave the discussion regarding the investigative reports until another time when the issue Tricia and Sunshine 1950 are working on comes to a conclusion....

thanks for your patience while I tried getting this issue resolved.
Thank You Cubby for all the help you have given during this upset on the documents. I'm working with Tricia and will let her know my plans very soon. Again thanks to all the people who have worked long hours and contributed information to this case. Hopefully with all this work and information this case will be solved soon.

Cubby were are the Current Argus Newspaper Articlse that I scanned and cut and paste to the websleuths. According to Capt. Zuniga...he said he didn't aske for those to be removed. Do I need to get the post numbers and dates to let yu know which ones I'm talking about.
Thanks for puttung the 33 attachmens fro Part 1 back on.

I wasn't involved in removing any of the posts from part 1 outside of putting you in contact with Tricia regarding the reason they were removed. That you need to talk to Tricia or Chicoliving about. That was handled by Chicoliving and Tricia. hth

I wasn't involved in removing any of the posts from part 1 outside of putting you in contact with Tricia regarding the reason they were removed. That you need to talk to Tricia or Chicoliving about. That was handled by Chicoliving and Tricia. hth

Cubby I apologize if I've upset you. That was my intent. I guess I don't know how to ask any questions on here. Since the 44 attachments were put back on here...I thought I would ask about how to get the other newspaper articles placed back on here....sorry.....I'm not accusing anyone of taking the documents or articles off.....I know what happen. Again I'm sorry if I stated my questions wrong.

No worries. I'm half in lala land with a head cold. I just thought it would be best for you to get the info straight from the source,and it was Tricia and Chicoliving who are familiar with the stuff from part 1.

I just found the link on the 44 attachments from part one and thought it would be easier if I added the link with the attachments with the link to part one. I can't see the posts which were removed from part one, so I don't know what the reasons for all were etc. etc.

Some might have been a copy right issue, if the newspaper articles were not linked or the source cited. But not having seen them myself, that is only a guess.

Sorry I haven't posted on the thread in awhile. I've been busy getting things ready to re-post from Part 1 thread.
Another thing that has happened is that the Captain of the Deputies has informed me that they (Eddy County Sheriff's Office) is in the process of getting Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz's case files and information...and evidence ready to be sent to the VICAP agency. Which is with the FBI....I hope this is a good thing....
I have been given permission to re-post some of the documents that were taken off the WS...but they have to be re-written to protect the individuals that had there names released without their permission. This Captain has to approve them before they can be re-posted and he will then send them in. Again, this is going to take me awhile...but I will get the paper work done. Please don't let this thread die....we need to keep it going to solve this horrible crime. Thanks

Sorry I haven't posted on the thread in awhile. I've been busy getting things ready to re-post from Part 1 thread.
Another thing that has happened is that the Captain of the Deputies has informed me that they (Eddy County Sheriff's Office) is in the process of getting Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz's case files and information...and evidence ready to be sent to the VICAP agency. Which is with the FBI....I hope this is a good thing....
I have been given permission to re-post some of the documents that were taken off the WS...but they have to be re-written to protect the individuals that had there names released without their permission. This Captain has to approve them before they can be re-posted and he will then send them in. Again, this is going to take me awhile...but I will get the paper work done. Please don't let this thread die....we need to keep it going to solve this horrible crime. Thanks

It can't be a bad thing. They will have Estrada's files from 2003. I would definitely look at it as a positive sign that this case will get a fresh review from the beginning.

It can't be a bad thing. They will have Estrada's files from 2003. I would definitely look at it as a positive sign that this case will get a fresh review from the beginning.

Thanks Hurricane, Yes, I feel like it is going to be a good thing. I'm excited...but reserved I guess...
I felt good about talking with Capt. Z from the ECSO...he sounded very positive and wanted to get things done. I rememeber when Estrada presented the case to the VICAP group in 2003...the group thought then it was a reasonable plight to get this case solved. So...I will continue to pray that this is what will happen....
Thanks......I've always valued your opinion ...

I'm so glad you are able to find some resolution with getting this reposted as you can. Can you please explain to me what you mean by the captain has to approve them before they can be reposted and he will send them in. ? Is the captain going to be joining WS to post them or ?????

I'm just trying to be proactive for you so when things can be reposted it goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!
Cubby

I feel like this thread has died. But I 'm still working on getting the documents back on the websleuths. It will probably take me several months to get this done...then I'm not sure this will happen. Please continue to work on this case. Go back to Part 1 and read the case....thanks.

I feel like this thread has died. But I 'm still working on getting the documents back on the websleuths. It will probably take me several months to get this done...then I'm not sure this will happen. Please continue to work on this case. Go back to Part 1 and read the case....thanks.

Please keep this thread alive....bumping for Mattie and Patty.

Don't be discouraged by lack of posts in here lately. Love you, SS, and all you have stood for in bring closure to those that were permanently effected by the girls deaths. Jesus still knows and cares for all the suffering!

Don't be discouraged by lack of posts in here lately. Love you, SS, and all you have stood for in bring closure to those that were permanently effected by the girls deaths. Jesus still knows and cares for all the suffering!

Thank You fish 1966...you are so nice. I appreciate all the love and prayers you have sent me over the years. I do know Jesus has kept me going...and he will continue to do so. I also know he has the answers to all my questions and he will let me know the answers when it is the right time as well. Take care....love ya

Anne, we are still with you, friend. Mattie will not be forgotten because there are many of us who want the truth and justice for her.
hugs and peace this day, ouiser

Anne, we are still with you, friend. Mattie will not be forgotten because there are many of us who want the truth and justice for her.
hugs and peace this day, ouiser
Thank you so much Ouiser...you have been a true friend during these hard times...I will never forget all the help you have given me over the years. I will continue to work on getting the documents back on the websleuths..but it will take me some time. I know that there are many of you in the Carlsbad area and other areas as well... that have supported me and have truly helped me through these days of not knowing....thanks....Anne

As a 57 yr resident of Carlsbad I think I know everyone in town, I don’t! However I can usually connect everyone I meet with someone they are related to. I remember when Mattie and Patty were “picked up” and murdered. Even as a kid I realized the impact it had on all of us, the suspicion it brought about on people around town, and the sadness that has been in my heart for the Restine and Pritz families for years.

‘Sunshine 1950’ and ‘2gone’ my sympathy is with you and your families. I hope you know how lucky you are to have people like justthinkin, fish1966, TOM BYER, Hurricane, Legacy, MrTT, Carlsbad Native, and others thinking and working on Mattie and Patty’s case.

I personally talked to Jimmy Estrada back in 2004/2005 and he was so excited about where he was and where he was going with the case. Please know Jimmy did a wonderful job reopening and searching out data about the murders. Why did he retire before it was finished? You have to live here in Carlsbad and work for a public entity and understand retirement issues with PERA. Many a good working public servant here has been put thru Hell concerning his/her retirement because they did not do what someone with power over them told them to do. (ie: my opinion Jimmy Estrada effected this way). Did you know Jimmy got married right at his retirement?

I have a notebook full of articles and information about unsolved murders in Carlsbad. While working on the July, 1987 murder of Donna Sue Black Hulsey Haytt I came in contact with Websleulths.com and the threads about Mattie and Patty. It has rekindled my remembrance and feelings about their murders.

My father-in-law of 42 + years, former PCA employee and now very aged has told me on several occasions that “WB may not have killed those little girls, but he had something to do with it”. I have talked to him many times about it long before anyone considered re-opening the case and while it was really a “cold case” My personal belief is just like others have stated on this forum, DB main perp, WB involved or 2nd perp/covering it up, and AB involved in cover up. Below are some things I had opportunity to put my hands on yesterday. If you already know about this info I apologize for not seeing it on the forum. If you have not seen it consider what implication it might have on other evidence related to the case.

1961 - Blair Willie D (Artell) mucker PCA, 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad, NM

1961 - Blair Artell, Nurse St. Frances Hospt. 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad, NM

1961 - David (Bonnie) Constrc. Wkr. 903 W Bonbright, Carlsbad, NM

1961 - Kennth Blair (Glenda) App. Lineman SWPSC, 2407 Utah, Carlsbad, NM

1960 - David Blair, Lab Asst. SWPSC, 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad NM

1962 - Blair Willie D (Artell) emp PCA, 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad NM

1962 - Blair Artell 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad, NM

1962 - David Blair - No Listing.

1962 - Kennth Blair (Glenda) app. Lineman SWPSC, 2408 W Lea, Carlsbad, NM

1961 – Peter Restine, Supervisor, 115 N Lake, Carlsbad, NM

2009 – Blair Artell F. , Carlsbad, NM

1st in my opinion the most important of all these listings is the last one. If Artell is really living there someone, LE hopefully needs to get over there as fast a possible and interview her again and maybe again. She may be the only living person who knows the truth about all of this and could solve almost 50 years of silence and heartbreaking tragedy.

2nd Drive from 600 N Mesquite (sighting of girls being picked up) to DB residence 1961, 903 W Bonbright (I did drive it) takes less than 60 seconds. Arrowhead Drive Inn about same amount of time. Close distance to girls being picked up, Arrowhead sighting and DB’s house is it more that just coincidence?

3rd Pete Restine employed SWPSC (Southwestern Public Service Company) Electric Company in Carlsbad, David Blair employed SWPSC 1961, Kennth Blair Employed SWPSC (retired 2005/06). Did Pete know David? Did they have interaction/run in at work?

4th Artell was a nurse prior to Murders could not find her employed after 1961, just a thought, What was the mental impact of all that on her?

The most confusing thing for me about all of this (and probably for most of us) What kind of power, influence, threat did the Blair family have over so many people including LE. This is selfish on my part but I want to know because it would help me out in so many other things I am trying to solve around Carlsbad.

I have access to some information in Carlsbad, don’t know how much, don’t know what its worth, but will also tell you that “they” can reach out and touch me if “they” want to so I must be private in some of this.

This has been longer that I wanted it to be for that I apologize. I am in awe of the intelligence you guys have who post on this board and I thank you for your efforts. Anne and “2Gone” I am sorry you have had to live with this for so long and I hope the case can be solved soon allowing you to maybe rest a little easier.

As a 57 yr resident of Carlsbad I think I know everyone in town, I don’t! However I can usually connect everyone I meet with someone they are related to. I remember when Mattie and Patty were “picked up” and murdered. Even as a kid I realized the impact it had on all of us, the suspicion it brought about on people around town, and the sadness that has been in my heart for the Restine and Pritz families for years.

‘Sunshine 1950’ and ‘2gone’ my sympathy is with you and your families. I hope you know how lucky you are to have people like justthinkin, fish1966, TOM BYER, Hurricane, Legacy, MrTT, Carlsbad Native, and others thinking and working on Mattie and Patty’s case.

I personally talked to Jimmy Estrada back in 2004/2005 and he was so excited about where he was and where he was going with the case. Please know Jimmy did a wonderful job reopening and searching out data about the murders. Why did he retire before it was finished? You have to live here in Carlsbad and work for a public entity and understand retirement issues with PERA. Many a good working public servant here has been put thru Hell concerning his/her retirement because they did not do what someone with power over them told them to do. (ie: my opinion Jimmy Estrada effected this way). Did you know Jimmy got married right at his retirement?

I have a notebook full of articles and information about unsolved murders in Carlsbad. While working on the July, 1987 murder of Donna Sue Black Hulsey Haytt I came in contact with Websleulths.com and the threads about Mattie and Patty. It has rekindled my remembrance and feelings about their murders.

My father-in-law of 42 + years, former PCA employee and now very aged has told me on several occasions that “WB may not have killed those little girls, but he had something to do with it”. I have talked to him many times about it long before anyone considered re-opening the case and while it was really a “cold case” My personal belief is just like others have stated on this forum, DB main perp, WB involved or 2nd perp/covering it up, and AB involved in cover up. Below are some things I had opportunity to put my hands on yesterday. If you already know about this info I apologize for not seeing it on the forum. If you have not seen it consider what implication it might have on other evidence related to the case.

1961 - Blair Willie D (Artell) mucker PCA, 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad, NM

1961 - Blair Artell, Nurse St. Frances Hospt. 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad, NM

1961 - David (Bonnie) Constrc. Wkr. 903 W Bonbright, Carlsbad, NM

1961 - Kennth Blair (Glenda) App. Lineman SWPSC, 2407 Utah, Carlsbad, NM

1960 - David Blair, Lab Asst. SWPSC, 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad NM

1962 - Blair Willie D (Artell) emp PCA, 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad NM

1962 - Blair Artell 2412 W Texas, Carlsbad, NM

1962 - David Blair - No Listing.

1962 - Kennth Blair (Glenda) app. Lineman SWPSC, 2408 W Lea, Carlsbad, NM

1961 – Peter Restine, Supervisor, 115 N Lake, Carlsbad, NM

2009 – Blair Artell F. , Carlsbad, NM

1st in my opinion the most important of all these listings is the last one. If Artell is really living there someone, LE hopefully needs to get over there as fast a possible and interview her again and maybe again. She may be the only living person who knows the truth about all of this and could solve almost 50 years of silence and heartbreaking tragedy.

2nd Drive from 600 N Mesquite (sighting of girls being picked up) to DB residence 1961, 903 W Bonbright (I did drive it) takes less than 60 seconds. Arrowhead Drive Inn about same amount of time. Close distance to girls being picked up, Arrowhead sighting and DB’s house is it more that just coincidence?

3rd Pete Restine employed SWPSC (Southwestern Public Service Company) Electric Company in Carlsbad, David Blair employed SWPSC 1961, Kennth Blair Employed SWPSC (retired 2005/06). Did Pete know David? Did they have interaction/run in at work?

4th Artell was a nurse prior to Murders could not find her employed after 1961, just a thought, What was the mental impact of all that on her?

The most confusing thing for me about all of this (and probably for most of us) What kind of power, influence, threat did the Blair family have over so many people including LE. This is selfish on my part but I want to know because it would help me out in so many other things I am trying to solve around Carlsbad.

I have access to some information in Carlsbad, don’t know how much, don’t know what its worth, but will also tell you that “they” can reach out and touch me if “they” want to so I must be private in some of this.

This has been longer that I wanted it to be for that I apologize. I am in awe of the intelligence you guys have who post on this board and I thank you for your efforts. Anne and “2Gone” I am sorry you have had to live with this for so long and I hope the case can be solved soon allowing you to maybe rest a little easier.

Hi Doggone...thank you for the information...I appreciate all that you have given me and of course for the hard work of getting the information. I believe you are correct on most of it. The question I have is on my father Pete Restine....when you say he was employed by the SWPSC....are you saying the Southwest Potash Company---mine? When my sister was murdered he worked at SWPC...and had for several years....? He told me one time he knew WDB...but WDB wasn't a very friendly man...especially after Mattie and Patty were killed. He told me about an incident that happen at a place they went to drink or buy beer...along the way home from work...I don't recall the name of the place now...but sounded like a liquior store or maybe a bar....anyway he dad said that he was in there and so was WDB...dad said when he turnd around and saw WDB that WDB looked him in the eyes and just ran out of the place. So I don't know ....maybe WDB was feeling guilt or something.
I do believe that the B family has something to hide...but I also know that AB will not ever talk...she has told the ECSO that she will not talk with them. I just can't believe that the law enforcement agencies have that kind of problem.
The people in Eddy County and the surrounding areas have really helped me find out the information that I have ...and I do appreciate all that they have done regarding the case. And I hope they continue to help...because I feel like that is the only way this case is going to be solved. Websleuths has many individuals ( especially the ones you mentioned) that are brilliant and know how to dig to get the informaiton that is needed. This group has helped me as well...and I hope we can continue to share the information we have as well as the new information that is coming in.
Again thanks for the information and I hope we continue to share...ARS

Yes Anne I did mean Southwest Potash Company when referring to your Dad and to DB. I know your dad worked underground. A lot of young guys would get on at the mines by going to work as Lab Assistants (DB) on top and if they worked out they would transfer to other parts of the company. I know your dad worked underground but everyone both underground and on top rode the Bus together. I know guys who worked with you dad and have been in contact with one of them and will talk face to face with him soon. He has told me stuff before and I want to refresh my memory about that. Maybe some of the brilliant individuals on this site will read what I have said and can form some ideas from it.

Anne I know how much solving this means to you, but you may not know how much it would mean to the Community of Carlsbad to have closure to this as well. I just cannot get my mind wrapped around how those individuals would have had enough power, pull, influence or whatever to keep LE from solving this case. There are people “they” can make things happen around here but it takes Money, Political influence, or threats to make it happen and I don’t see WDB, DB or AB having had any of the above. Everyone I know whom knew WDB thought he was a “dirty little man.”

Wishing you well Anne.

Yes Anne I did mean Southwest Potash Company when referring to your Dad and to DB. I know your dad worked underground. A lot of young guys would get on at the mines by going to work as Lab Assistants (DB) on top and if they worked out they would transfer to other parts of the company. I know your dad worked underground but everyone both underground and on top rode the Bus together. I know guys who worked with you dad and have been in contact with one of them and will talk face to face with him soon. He has told me stuff before and I want to refresh my memory about that. Maybe some of the brilliant individuals on this site will read what I have said and can form some ideas from it.

Anne I know how much solving this means to you, but you may not know how much it would mean to the Community of Carlsbad to have closure to this as well. I just cannot get my mind wrapped around how those individuals would have had enough power, pull, influence or whatever to keep LE from solving this case. There are people “they” can make things happen around here but it takes Money, Political influence, or threats to make it happen and I don’t see WDB, DB or AB having had any of the above. Everyone I know whom knew WDB thought he was a “dirty little man.”

Wishing you well Anne.

Thanks for clearing that up for me... I was almost 12 yrs.old when Mattie was killed ...but I was pretty sharp about listening to my parents and relatives talk over the years . I did hear things being said that I shouldn't have to so ...probably know more than I should have at a young age. Bill my oldest brother and and I would sit out in the hallway and listen when they were talking to our parents about the case. Bill was 14 and I was almost 12.
My dad never talked about working with DB...but that doesn't mean anything. I to wish some of the old miners would share what they know about this case. Before the rest of them die off...
When we were haveing Mattie and Mary Ellen's bodies exhumed to bring back to Oklahoma a man came up in the cemeterey and asked me if my dad was there ....we told him 'no' that he didn't want to come to the cemetery for this that he had stayed at the motel. He said his name was Jim Love...he explained that my dad was his boss....and he had taught him a lot about mining and he just wanted to talk with him. When we got back to the hotel...this Jim guy was up in the room with my dad....he kinda jumped up when we walked into the room ....all of a sudden he is gone. Of course Dad didn't say a whole lot. But my brother had told this guy that we didn't want or dad bothered...because he had just had a heart attack and that he shouldn't have come on t his trip...but dad really wanted to come. That whole thing with the Love guy felt strange.
I've talked to my Unlce Buddy ROgers abot this case...but his memory isn't the best. Aunt Dimplie says she remembers things...but I don't know....just wish I had several to compare their stories to. Uncle Buddy worked at a different mine...so their friends would have been different I would think.
WOuld also like to come back to Cbad and talk to some them that are still there. My mom and dad had lots of friends there....I don't know how many are still there. DO you know the Hamiltons. George and Vivan Hamilton? They were really good frineds. And of course...Barney Cosgrove and his wife...but they are both deceased. Danielle is still alive...she lives in Albuquerque. If you have any questions you would like to ask ....I would try and answer them for you. August 11th is coming up soon....49 yrs.....wouldn't be great if the case could be solved by then.....
Thanks for your help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean