GUILTY NM - Paul, 34, & Tryone Posey, 44, Marilea Schmid, 13, slain, Hondo, 5 July 2004

What did his younger sister ever do, other than be a witness to the murders of his parents? They got this one wrong..because of that one issue alone.

There were witnesses who testified to the cruel treatment of Cody at the hands of his parents. I watched the trial coverage, I saw Cody testify and I saw the long time ranch hand testify. I have no doubt that Cody was abused physically and emotionally, in the worst ways.

Children who are horribly beaten and tortured are often assumed to be liars if they tell the truth about what goes on in their homes. Grown-ups who witness a child being beaten or belittled or neglected choose to ignore it.

I cant imagine having to live the way Cody did. Even prisoners of war cant be beaten , denied food or water, or forced to do hard labor for hours on end in the summer heat. If any adult was held captive and tortured the way Cory was, they would be justified in fighting their way out, even if it meant having to kill anyone who tried to prevent his escape!

Marilee was just a child who was manipulated by the adults in the home to keep their secrets. Cody knew that Marilee would warn his dad and in his panicked state of mind, he shot her. He was a fourteen year old child with PTSD, putting an end to the torture the only way he knew how.

No one was going to help Cody. He was living in hell on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe he was horrible abused. Not one X-ray was ever produced.

His crimes were beyond heinous and he actions after them we're psychopathic. IMO

I was on the fence untill i forget his name or relation a real cowboy type lookin guy i think maybe it was the brother of the father anyway when he came forword and told his stories you could just see and feel that he wasn't a liar and he was telling what he seen with his own eyes. I wish i could remember the guys name iam thinking of

I was on the fence untill i forget his name or relation a real cowboy type lookin guy i think maybe it was the brother of the father anyway when he came forword and told his stories you could just see and feel that he wasn't a liar and he was telling what he seen with his own eyes. I wish i could remember the guys name iam thinking of

Yes, that's the long time ranch hand I was talking about. He was a tough guy. That man sat there and told the truth with tears in his eyes and a guilty conscience for not reporting it to police. Cody's dad was his boss, and this man knew he would lose his job if he reported the torture. He described actually having to step in front of Cody to stop his boss from continuing to pummel the boy.

These evil "parents" would never have taken Cody for medical help. You can do a lot of torture without breaking bones. Cody was horribly physically abused with black eyes and bruises and bleeding lacerations to his back, legs and arms. He was denied water working all day at hard labor in the blazing heat. This little boy never got hugs, understanding, praise or compassion. He was sexually abused by his stepmom with his dads consent.

You can destroy a child without ever laying a hand on them . We have to stop assuming that abuse is only real torture if there are pictures of bruises or X-rays of broken bones. Serial abuser are experts at avoiding getting caught. They isolate their victims. They associate with others who will look the other way and justify each other's behavior. They don't go running to the doctor for concussions, sprains and dislocated joints and they crush children's spirits.

Cody was a little boy 8,9,10,11,12 years old when this happened but it was two years before we saw him at trial. By then he looked like a strong young man.

I'm not defending the way he has turned out. He seems to be really messed up with *advertiser censored* and probably drugs and alcohol. If he goes on to live a violent life or commit crimes, that's where my sympathy ends and he becomes the evil abuser. If he does that, I say lock him up and throw away the key before we end up with another generation of abusers!

MOO

(Hey CanMan, look, we finally agree on something! Yay!)

I don't believe he was horrible abused. Not one X-ray was ever produced.

His crimes were beyond heinous and he actions after them we're psychopathic. IMO

Seems like one of the people involved have a different opinion:

"Even the father of Cody’s stepsister, Jake Schmeed, was quoted as saying he did not blame Cody. In an interview, Marilea’s father said, “Cody doesn’t need to be punished for this. He didn’t do it. Paul and Tryone did this,” and added, “Paul and Tryone made [Cody] do it, created him and made him the weapon that caused their death and Marilea’s death.”
http://ordinaryevil.wordpress.com/2...y-is-free-from-prison-and-i-am-happy-for-him/

Whatever he does now is, in my opinion, the result of being incarcerated and suffering whatever abuse was meted out during those years.

My God, why is there no compassion for an abused child?

My opinion only

Seems like one of the people involved have a different opinion:

"Even the father of Cody’s stepsister, Jake Schmeed, was quoted as saying he did not blame Cody. In an interview, Marilea’s father said, “Cody doesn’t need to be punished for this. He didn’t do it. Paul and Tryone did this,” and added, “Paul and Tryone made [Cody] do it, created him and made him the weapon that caused their death and Marilea’s death.”
http://ordinaryevil.wordpress.com/2...y-is-free-from-prison-and-i-am-happy-for-him/

Whatever he does now is, in my opinion, the result of being incarcerated and suffering whatever abuse was meted out during those years.

My God, why is there no compassion for an abused child?

My opinion only

He murdered three people, scooped them up and buried them in a manure pile then skipped off to have a grand old time.

Any compassion I may have had disappeared when he chose to commit murder...3x

So you think that.... what? 30 + people got on the witness stand and lied?

The prosecutor had to move the trial out of the county the crime occurred in because the people were too sympathetic to him. People knew this kid was being mistreated and they did nothing probably because life is lived hard in those parts and many of them are dysfunctional people themselves. They can hardly get up and admit it now, but it seems they felt guilty enough to at least speak up for him now. That hardly makes them liars.

I have never heard of a prosecutor moving a trial out of the county to avoid sympathy for the defendant and I have never heard of a prosecutor attacking the chain of custody of evidence in an effort to keep it OUT of the trial.

The state does not want to admit that there was something sick about the relationship between Paul and Tryone. He was abusive and she encouraged his abusiveness. If the truth could come out, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that Marilea was being sexually abused and she found safety in winning Paul's and Tryone's approval. That is why she was on a never ending hunt for dirt on Cody. In some mixed up way, maybe she thought as long as he was the negative focus, she would be the positive focus...or the "good" kid. I don't doubt for one second that these people either were or soon would have been sexually abusive to both children. There is certainly enough evidence to support that.

I think one would have to be an ostrich and just keep that head buried in the sand to avoid the obvious in this case....the kid was abused and he lashed out at his abusers, and that included Marilea because she was helping them every chance she got. He was battling a three headed monster.

Does that mean he should get away with murder? I don't know. Probably not, but I would hope that there is a place for Cody that is safe and will include some type of nurturing and lots and lots of psychological therapy. He deserves at least a second chance at life.

She was not a three headed monster, she was a child who was most likely being sexually abused herself and if she was "helping" his abusers just trying to survive. Had the roles been reserved, Cody no doubt would have done the same thing in an attempt to protect himself.

I don't feel sympathy for his father and step mother but his step sister was as much a victim as him even if she wasn't being physically abused because if his father had tried to force him to have sex with his step mother, there is no doubt in my mind that his step sister was being forced or soon would have been forced to have a sex with his father. If he is capable of feeling guilt\remorse, I hope that is one death that haunts him because out of the three murder victims, she is the only truly innocent one and was completely blameless over his abuse (she wouldn't have been able to protect herself much less her step brother from her abusive step father) because like him, her options were limited. I can't blame her for spying on him in attempt to get on her mother and step father's good side because like him she really had no where to turn for help and was likely living in fear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back