NM NM - Robert Romero, 7, Santa Fe, 7 June 2000

I'm not sure why this boy thought he was Robbie, but - I hope all the publicity doesn't deter anyone else from stepping forward who sees a picture on a milk carton or somewhere and thinks, "That may be me...".

Something strange with my computer or the forum, but when I look at your post Kindra, there is no link to a photo with an age progression, but when I hit quote it comes up with a link that I can cut and paste into my browser and see. It is hard to tell, if the hair was sticking up in the age progression, it could be the same person. Maybe this forum does not allow photobucket?
kindralore

I had to do the same thing.

I hate what this has put both mothers through. One note, Robbie T didn't go to police, they went to him.

I have to go back to the timeline where Robbie Romero's brother offered to make a deal with LE to tell where he buried his brother. Maybe he was telling the truth.

So it was Robbie Romero's mother who called police and said there were striking resemblances after her son met him.

While I think RR and RT resemble each other, I thought early on that they weren't the same person. RT's nose, IMO, is very different, and while they might have looked similar, when I compared their childhood to adult photos, I kept thinking 'maybe'.

Looking at Jaycee Dugard's photos as a very young child and at her today, the word 'maybe' doesn't cross my mind.

I think that's why I'm not surprised at this outcome, despite the 'hinky' facts that RT didn't remember his childhood, his lack of photos before seven, lack of BC, etc. I feel for both mothers.

While I think RR and RT resemble each other, I thought early on that they weren't the same person. RT's nose, IMO, is very different, and while they might have looked similar, when I compared their childhood to adult photos, I kept thinking 'maybe'.

Looking at Jaycee Dugard's photos as a very young child and at her today, the word 'maybe' doesn't cross my mind.

I think that's why I'm not surprised at this outcome, despite the 'hinky' facts that RT didn't remember his childhood, his lack of photos before seven, lack of BC, etc. I feel for both mothers.

This boy didn't come forward. LE said they approached him. He didn't say he didn't have pictures, his mother didn't.

Le said he is not quilty of anything.

I'm not sure why this boy thought he was Robbie, but - I hope all the publicity doesn't deter anyone else from stepping forward who sees a picture on a milk carton or somewhere and thinks, "That may be me...".

Well some children like to fantasize that they are not who they are. Maybe he truly believed he was the missing boy.

Eh, as much as I hate to say it, I think it's obvious what happened to this boy. I just can't imagine the brother making up a story like that for no reason.

I never thought the other guy was him either. Kids make up names and rumors about people all the time and that was one of them and it wasn't true. That on top of the fact that his brother all but confessed is why I would've been very surprised if it had been him.

I think RR is in a landfill somewhere. If not, where else could he be that's "60 feet deep?"

In any investigation, the police usually know a lot more than the rest of us.

A few years ago I was waiting for something and wound up chatting with a Santa Fe police officer. It was obvious that he was anxious to talk about this case, but was told not to. He only agreed with me when I asked if they thought his brother, Ronnie, was involved.

Even before the disappearance, local police were very familiar with this family who was into drugs and crime. The general consensus in town is that Robbie was accidentally killed- possibly by someone in a drunken stupor, or was victim to a drug overdose- while with Ronnie and/or Ronnie's friends. At some point Ronnie told his father about the accident and begged for his help.

I heard that their father worked for the Forest Service, or some similar government agency, and was very familiar with off-road areas. Talk is that he took Robbie's body up to the remote, northern part of the state and buried him. Supposedly, the entire family knew about this, yet continue to blame the police department.

Ronnie died from a drug overdose several years ago, and the father is also dead at this time. Personally, I don't think Robbie was ever 'missing' in the true sense of the word.

Teen claims to be Robbie Romero.

After an anonymous tip, police said they made contact with the teen on Wednesday night, blocks away from where Romero was reported missing. The teen told police that he's Robbie Romero and that he spent time in and out of state, but he doesn?t remember much from his childhood. It's not known if he was kidnapped.

LE took DNA, but it will be months before results. IMO, he is not going to turn out to be Robbie.

Teen claims to be Robbie Romero.
LE took DNA, but it will be months before results. IMO, he is not going to turn out to be Robbie.
That happened almost three years ago and the teen turned out to be an imposter.

Eh, as much as I hate to say it, I think it's obvious what happened to this boy. I just can't imagine the brother making up a story like that for no reason.

I never thought the other guy was him either. Kids make up names and rumors about people all the time and that was one of them and it wasn't true. That on top of the fact that his brother all but confessed is why I would've been very surprised if it had been him.

I think RR is in a landfill somewhere. If not, where else could he be that's "60 feet deep?"

There were plenty of deep, open mines near town at that time. I've seen quite a few myself. You'd just have to drag a body to the edge and roll them in. Since then, most have been filled in.

Robert Romero was featured during a "Missing Children" segment aired at the end of an episode of the WB series 7th Heaven back in November 2001! The episode was titled Lost.

Robbie is not forgotten

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back