NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988

If that is true and I suspect you are right then that is so unprofessional I dont even know what to say. Hard to find words
It's not uncommon. As long as LE has identified suspects and can get warrants for phone taps, it can be pretty effective. Getting those suspects nervous and talking to others may be the only way to solve this and bring Tara home.

Worth a shot IMO.

It's not uncommon. As long as LE has identified suspects and can get warrants for phone taps, it can be pretty effective. Getting those suspects nervous and talking to others may be the only way to solve this and bring Tara home.

Worth a shot IMO.
Great point. I wrote the previous comments out of frustration and I was having a bad day. Thanks for explaining.

Worth a shot IMO.
Agreed. I understand the frustration. They may be readying the scene for the next act, so to speak.

September 24, 2023, Updated 10/8/23 article

[…]

Valencia County Sheriff’s investigators said they say they know what happened to Tara Calico and who murdered her. But can they prove it?

The case, including those persons of interest, went to the 13th Judicial District Attorney’s Office for review in June. Since then, officials with the office said they’ve put together a team of attorneys to go through the 35 years-worth of files to see if there’s enough to criminally charge anyone.

[…]

September 24, 2023, Updated 10/8/23 article

[…]

Valencia County Sheriff’s investigators said they say they know what happened to Tara Calico and who murdered her. But can they prove it?

The case, including those persons of interest, went to the 13th Judicial District Attorney’s Office for review in June. Since then, officials with the office said they’ve put together a team of attorneys to go through the 35 years-worth of files to see if there’s enough to criminally charge anyone.

[…]
I'm glad he officially discounted the polaroid. I think it's irresponsible for Esquibel to feature it so prominently--why not a picture of Tara?

Yeah good to hear they have completely moved on from the Florida photograph. Though I'm not sure if the authorities ever took the photograph connection that seriously and it was always more of an online sleuth connection (after all Patty Doel just said she couldn't rule the photo out).

They seem to have closed the case on the Florida photo anyways so I'm not sure if the girl in the photo came forward and requested that it not be made public or what.

Still waiting for an update on this one. I understand there’s plenty of files to go through, but if LE had handed a brief to DA to consider charges, they would only consider the brief at that stage wouldn’t they?
Hopefully a word either way soon.
Imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther