NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#26

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE : http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lay-bail-hearing/story-e6freon6-1226405120615

GERARD Baden-Clay has been denied bail because of the "real risk of flight" - the chance he might flee - while awaiting a possible life sentence.

"Flight is a real possibility," Justice David Boddice said today, announcing his decision over a bail application heard in Brisbane's Supreme Court.

He said it was a concern that a person could be kept in custody for up to three years without having been convicted of committing an offence.

"Delay is obviously a matter of considerable importance," he said.

He said Baden-Clay had substantial ties to the community, including his business and his three daughters.

However, he said those factors must be balanced against the fact Baden-Clay was facing life in prison.

Mr Baden-Clay notified the insurer of a potential claim on April 30, after his wife's body was recovered but before the identity had been confirmed.

And contrary to a statement that he had given police, that his wife had gone for a walk at about 10pm on April 19 and he slept heavily until 6am the following morning, when he reported her missing to police, forensic examination of his home phone showed it had been lifted off its charger at about 1.40am on the morning of April 20. A brief call to the phone of Mr Baden-Clay's father was logged at 12.20am.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-in-bail-hearing/story-e6frg6nf-1226405470286

still reckon QPS have plenty more havent worked for 2 months to come up with a bit of circumstantial. hes a dead duck:jail:

Oh I so agree there is more. Having a little understanding of how they work...I just did not believe they only had a bit of circumstancial stuff.. We have not heard it all. There was no way they would risk a case on that IMO.. Anyway, the fact bail was refused says such alot to me..

The children were home at the time...Poor Babies!

At least that one is cleared up!

I said all along the children were home esp after reading a certain persons posts on that forum. So so sad.

Oh don't forget three huge cheers for the judge.
Thank you for doing your job so well : )

I am so happy for the law enforcement. Good for them.

Some of the things someone at the court has reported.

1. The children were home at the time.
3. TM said it was still ongoing and he had until 1 July to leave Allsion.
6. TM was also attending the SAME conference on Friday as ABC, TM wanted GBC to tell this to Allison. It is alleged this is when an argument ensued.
8. ABC had two life insurance policies, enquiries about the policy were made twice on on about 17th April. Once by ABC – she was aware of said policies. It is thought that they were struggling with the premiums and the call was made to roll them into one or to this effect.
12. DPP believes the car crash was stage to hide the scratches. GBC claims the scratches on his face was caused by shaving, however forensics say they are not consistent with shaving injuries, but of scratches.
The ones on his chest he claims came from a catepillar.

G claimed he was a heavy sleeper and was asleep from 10pm to 7am the night she went missing. Lo and behold, G's mobile phone was removed from his phone phone charger at approximately 8.30pm. He phoned N at approx 12.30am, it was a video call that lasted approx 1.23 secs. GBC’s phone was then reconnected to the phone charger at 2.30am.

Searches on his computer found, that in the couple of days prior to the murder, G had done an internet search on “acting incriminating”. He also did another search, on “acting incriminating” just prior to phoning police on the morning he reported her missing.

They have no COD, it looks like suffocation.

This was from the other site, a mrs muddle, who says she was at the court. Hope I am allowed to post this. Only posted the things we hadn't heard.

I bolded the COD bit above.

This is what I have been saying from the start when they said that she was found with no obvious injuries. I reckoned it was suffocation and that she'd tried to fight him off (causing the *ahem* "catarpillar bites")...The broken tooth prolly happened as he tried to dispose of her body.

I said all along the children were home esp after reading a certain persons posts on that forum. So so sad.

I believe there were conflicting stories re the kids being home which were recently cleared up when Gerard was arrested.

Not much liking the tentative language here...

Luminol Test

A presumptive test for blood. The reagent is a mixture of 3-aminophthalhydrazide, sodium carbonate, and sodium perborate. When sprayed with the reagent, traces of blood (even old blood) emit a faint chemoluminescence.

Presumptive Test
http://www.answers.com/topic/presumptive-test-1

A simple test for a given substance using a reagent that changes colour when mixed with the substance under investigation. Presumptive tests are not definitive[/B] and further confirmatory tests are always required. They are used extensively in forensic science. Examples are the Duquenois-Levine test for marijuana and Scott's test for cocaine. In general analytical chemistry, presumptive tests are often called spot tests.

Luminol testing isn't perfect. It has some issues:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminol"]Luminol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Scroll down where it says 'Drawbacks'... horseradish? fecal matter?

It is also possible that if the blood is recent, ABC may have had her TOM? I'm just putting it out there that the blood doesn't necessarily have to be from an injury.
MOO.

from mrs muddle on aussie crooks and crims, hope its ok to post this, if not i will delete

So I arrived about 9.45am. Olivia and GBC’s representation then arrived and we both stood outside the court. I stood two feet from Olivia and friend before going in. She was pretty non-descript and I can’t form an opinion either way. I think she knew he did it, but wasn’t involved. Danny Boyle and the rest of the DPP team showed up.

We shuffled inside and sat and waited while the cases before were dealt with (callover).

Basically, it went as follows.

SC argued his point first, rebutting the submissions made by the DPP.

Some of the facts:

1. The children WERE home at the time.
2. GBC lied to police about his affair being over.
3. TMcHugh made a statement saying it was still ongoing and he had until 1 July to leave Allsion.
4. ABC had a journal, and she had written in it in the days leading up to the murder. GBC had hand drawn a pic of McHugh’s house in the journal.
5. ABC and GBC were undergoing counselling.
6. TMcHugh was also attending the SAME conference on Friday as ABC, TMcHugh wanted GBC to tell this to Allison. It is alleged this is when an argument ensued.
7. No visible signs of trauma on the body (no cut off hands), besides a chipped tooth.
8. ABC had two life insurance policies, enquiries about the policy were made twice on on about 17th April. Once by ABC – she was aware of said policies. It is thought that they were struggling with the premiums and the call was made to roll them into one or to this effect.
9. GBC hired his lawyer on day 3 after being made aware he was a suspect.
10. ABC’s Blood was found in the back of the 4wd.
11. On the day a body was discovered at Kholo Creek, GBC contacted Insurance company and initiated a claim. This was BEFORE she was formally identified.
12. DPP believes the car crash was stage to hide the scratches. GBC claims the scratches on his face was caused by shaving, however forensics say they are not consistent with shaving injuries, but of scratches.
The ones on his chest… wait for it, he claims came from a caterpillar.

Here’s the nail in the coffin though peeps…………

Gerbil claimed he was a heavy sleeper and was asleep from 10pm to 7am the night she went missing. Lo and behold, Gerbil’s mobile phone was removed from his phone phone charger at approximately 8.30pm. He phoned Nige at approx 12.30am, it was a video call that lasted approx 1.23 secs. GBC’s phone was then reconnected to the phone charger at 2.30am.

But wait, there’s more. Searches on his computer found, that in the couple of days prior to the murder, Gerbil had done an internet search on “acting incriminating”. He also did another search, on “acting incriminating” just prior to phoning police on the morning he reported her missing. morning.

I am really pleased I went, to clear up some of the innuendo going around.

It is clear the motive is financial gain and the affair and new life planned with Toni. Toni has sold him out to save her own skin. I am just waiting for Nige to get arrested as an accessory now.

There was nothing mentioned that it was premeditated and meant to happen in July though, as if Toni had said this in her statement, it would have been submitted to court today and it was not.

They have no COD, it looks like suffocation.

Guys I am really worried. It may have been an open court and people here or from another well known site may well have heard other evidence not released by MSM, but please be careful in reproducing it here! My understanding is that if it has not been reported in MSM it is likely to be part of the SUPRESSION ORDER. Blogging on forums is the same as publishing is it not????!!!! Please be careful.

One, I would hate for any of you lovely people to be in legal hot water and I would hate for the defense to claim such blogs in their case for a trial by media.

A Journo friend of mine in UK said that 2 reporters got a jail sentence for reporting on evidence that was part of a suppression order. We, as bloggers are publishing.

I believe there were conflicting stories re the kids being home which were recently cleared up when Gerard was arrested.

I understand that. These posts were very early on before ABC was found.
Glad its cleared up though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member