No governmental support for RDI.

Note to SD: man all your stuff reads like sour grapes! Sorry I'm just a boring wall to you!

No, I'm the one who's sorry, HOTYH. It's been a very rough couple of days for a lot of different reasons. I took it out on you. I became so bitter over what I perceive as being ignored around here, coupled with all the stuff happening in my private life, that I lost control and you ended up on the receiving end. That was wrong of me. I offer no excuses, because there isn't one. For what it's worth, I'm sorry. I realize that you and I may never be friends, but mutual respect isn't too much to ask for. So again, I'm sorry.

In fact, I'm saving what you said in the hope that I won't surrender to my worse impulses again.

Did you want me to cave and say RDI stuff? Become just another horse with blinders on?

When I first read that, I was sorely tempted to say that it's better to be a horse than a jackass. (Don't get bent out of shape. Just an attempt at humor.) But in all seriousness, while I object to the "blinders" bit, let me just say that you have me wrong. It's not that I want that. Far from it. The only thing I ask is that I at least be considered. That's a big part of how I made the transition. And if I can, anyone can.

I suggest you re-read some of Voynich's excellent posts that reference the linguistics study and other unsolicited and in-depth research.

Well, maybe. I've suggested that people read a lot of excellent posts and in-depth research around here. I don't seem to have much success with those suggestions. That was a big part of my outburst. Again, that doesn't excuse it, but I hope it explains it.

In there you may find the truth, assuming of course that is what you seek.

Don't push your luck, HOTYH. I should think that after almost 13 years of this, my dedication would be beyond reproach.

I should think that after almost 13 years of this, my dedication would be beyond reproach.

Dedication to finding the truth requires a sincere evaluation of IDI scenarios with a serious no-rock-unturned, nothing too small or farfetched attitude. This is because new evidence and scientific analysis favor an IDI scenario.

RDI has had years of attention and study, right down to minute details such as PR's handwriting studies, JR handwriting studies, relatives unwittingly removing evidence, and amounts on store receipts.

IDI, esp FFDI, has had little or no study aside from DNA. While RDI seems to have no governmental support, FFDI has no governmental momentum or effort whatsoever. Thats because many people have already made many decisions and assumptions, and have built up an impenetrable wall around the case.

Merely promoting RDI doesn't equate to a dedication to finding the truth, because of newer IDI-favoring observations that are scientific, not political. RDI has been hashed to death, while IDI has been ignored, except for the statement from the DA's office that an intruder probably did it.

Dedication to finding the truth requires a sincere evaluation of IDI scenarios with a serious no-rock-unturned, nothing too small or farfetched attitude. This is because new evidence and scientific analysis favor an IDI scenario.

I would actually agree with all of that.

RDI has had years of attention and study, right down to minute details such as PR's handwriting studies, JR handwriting studies, relatives unwittingly removing evidence, and amounts on store receipts.

Like you said, HOTYH: no rock unturned.

IDI, esp FFDI, has had little or no study aside from DNA. While RDI seems to have no governmental support, FFDI has no governmental momentum or effort whatsoever. Thats because many people have already made many decisions and assumptions, and have built up an impenetrable wall around the case.

Well, whether you're right or wrong about who did it, I can't say as I disagree about the whole "impenetrable wall" assertion.

Merely promoting RDI doesn't equate to a dedication to finding the truth,

I never said it did! Don't get me wrong. And don't forget that I used to be one of you, and was no less dedicated then.

because of newer IDI-favoring observations that are scientific, not political.

We'll see.

RDI has been hashed to death, while IDI has been ignored, except for the statement from the DA's office that an intruder probably did it.

Well, leaving aside the nuances, I would pretty much agree with that on its face.

But actually from the time Lacy took office and the day she left she believe an intruder but just sent the longjohns in for one more test...But yet why didn't she send everything to be tested was she worried what would be found...And still I wonder if the garrote,cord and tape is going to be tested again...

Sorry for late reply, HOTYH, I'm up to me armpits in work at the mo.

Thing is, this is just a forum - a wonderful, learned forum - but a forum nonethless. We know there was an active forum that espoused the polar opposite view to most people on here. You can still read it.

What the agency in Boulder is doing is not informed by discussion here or by what went on on that other forum. We have literally no idea of what is going on in the investigation other than that we were promised complete neutrality.
Finally, the discretion that should have accompanied this case from day one, appears to be prevailing.

I don't believe anyone on here ignores any of the evidence. The whole lot is just thoroughly explored and people come to different conclusions. However, there is no denying that pretty much every finding in this case is questionable because the crime scene was compromised so thoroughly and it was such a curio that I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of every bit of evidence having been pawed over by unknown friends of lab assistants etc.
Material that might have caught an intruder was carted away by Pam as well as material that might have pointed more firmly to the Ramseys. We just don't know. It's a shame we can't discuss the specifics of that, or of the unexpurgated Ramsey phone bill. Who knows, we might all be coming down on your side now.

Dave, HOTYH: I adore you both and read pretty much every word you both ever write. I've got a glorious week off work coming soon and I will try to reply to some of the brilliant stuff on the various threads. You both have massive dedication to this case and you have both educated me enormously. As have so many others ( Madeleine, DeeDee, Voynich, Ames, Ravyn, Tadpole, Roy - there are so many). Between you all, I think you make this arguably the best forum on the web and, barring the odd spat, it's a positive Vicar's Tea Party of politeness. There may be occasions in the future when I neglect to register my appreciation but please know that I adore you all and I'll make a real effort to respond to every post.

XX to you all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy
Back