No Honor Among Thieves

Has Patsy ever voiced any anger or desire to see the "killer" punished?
She acts like Jon Benet's death was the result of some terminal disease. She was murdered....and the killer could still return to kill her other child.

Oddly, NO one in the family has ever expressed anger or desire to see the "killer" punished. Mostly, what they say is they feel "forgiveness" (JR and JAR specifically said this) JR said he "felt sorry" for JMK.
JB's grandparents and Patsy's sisters have said next to nothing. Patsy's sister Pam has been the more verbal. I don't think I have ever seen her sister Pauline (aka Polly) make a public comment. Mum's the word from JR's surviving daughter too. Her husband (her then-fiance at the time of the murder) has also said little.

Oddly, NO one in the family has ever expressed anger or desire to see the "killer" punished. Mostly, what they say is they feel "forgiveness" (JR and JAR specifically said this) JR said he "felt sorry" for JMK.
JB's grandparents and Patsy's sisters have said next to nothing. Patsy's sister Pam has been the more verbal. I don't think I have ever seen her sister Pauline (aka Polly) make a public comment. Mum's the word from JR's surviving daughter too. Her husband (her then-fiance at the time of the murder) has also said little.

Not to even go through the normal stages of grief regarding the murder of your child? No righteous anger? not even for a hot second? The family going mum or talking "forgiveness" on one hand and shoving friends under the bus with the other? Gimme a break.

Not to even go through the normal stages of grief regarding the murder of your child? No righteous anger? not even for a hot second? The family going mum or talking "forgiveness" on one hand and shoving friends under the bus with the other? Gimme a break.

I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of grief and have never been interested enough in grief as a subject to read books about it. I have heard about the general stages of grief, though. I truly do believe people express/show grief in different ways but I do not believe the stages of grief are skipped.

About 15 years ago the young daughter of a woman I knew was kidnapped, raped and murdered. For three days I had an up close and personal seat at that train wreck and after the girl's body was found, it was little better. The mother was a young single mother who loved to party and showed little caring for her children before the crime. But this woman was so emotionally devastated by the murder she could barely function physically. But over the course of a year she got better, healed, and, I'm sorry to say, went back to her old ways.
(Btw, the murderer/rapist/abductor was a neighbor - bingo on the pattern)

I can't help but compare the Ramseys to this young woman. Same loss, yet in no way in the same ballpark grief-wise. I've always thought the Ramseys were off in what they said, how they said it and even body language. It's bothered me for years; I'm glad we're circling back around to it.

Another thing that has always bothered me is most parents of murdered children would become activists (John Walsh, Marc Klaas, Beth Holloway, Mark Lunsford), set up scholarships or, specifically in JBs case, a special pageant award in her name.
Nothing!!

Sorry. Haha rambling :desert:

They feared the police more than they feared this individual who knows how to break into their house and hated them enough to kill their baby daughter.

They feared the police more than they feared this individual who knows how to break into their house and hated them enough to kill their baby daughter.

I hear Marc Klaas' voice in my ears. "I would go straight to the police station. Give them anything they want. Get them to exclude me so they can focus on finding the killer." All the parents of missing children/adults whom I have MET are RUNNING to police, calling them all the time, making themselves and their property available for anything. They are NOT running off the other direction on private jet planes! They are running toward the crime scenes, moving to town, coming and staying. While I have a legal background and would never slam someone from getting an attorney, I still think it is reprehensible for an INNOCENT parent to wait 4 months to give proper interviews. And do not bull me about whatever they were asked by police while everybody assumed a kidnapping went down. I think they did have something to hide. Reading the depos for the Wolff lawsuits last night about blew my head off. PR was barely able to answer anything for all the lawyers' banter. What got my personal goat was the questions posed to her about HER OWN BOOK. The lawyer took many objections to seemingly simple questions. Damn. Patsy and John wrote the book Death of Innocence. But, oh, she cannot recall or does not know what she meant by this or that. Really!? They are your own words, lady. If she got stuck she said "John wrote that part" or the ghostwriter or whomever. Se seemed not to be willing to take responsibility for what they actually wrote. [likely because they were being sued.]

I hear Marc Klaas' voice in my ears. "I would go straight to the police station. Give them anything they want. Get them to exclude me so they can focus on finding the killer."…

I'm afraid I've begun to measure parents of murdered children by his example during Polly's murder investigation. I remember during the Jessica Lunsford investigation when Jessica's mother was, I thought, a little suspicious of Mark Lunsford. He told Mark to do the very thing you mentioned and Mark Lunsford did it. That went a long way toward eliminating him as a suspect for me.

coming and staying. While I have a legal background and would never slam someone from getting an attorney, I still think it is reprehensible for an INNOCENT parent to wait 4 months to give proper interviews

Four Months. Plenty of time for the intruder to kill another of the John Ramseys children, blow up his house, rape his wife, or kill John Ramsey himself.

Quite a risk to take. Why were the Ramsey's so certain this killer would never strike again? Especially since this killer never got his $118,000 ransom!!!!!!

Four Months. Plenty of time for the intruder to kill another of the John Ramseys children, blow up his house, rape his wife, or kill John Ramsey himself.

Quite a risk to take. Why were the Ramsey's so certain this killer would never strike again? Especially since this killer never got his $118,000 ransom!!!!!!

You know the answer. :):) Because there was no intruder, and hence, no reason to be afraid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back