GUILTY Norway - Several killed in bow and arrow attack, Kongsberg, 13 Oct 2021 *arrest*

A number of dead and injured after a man attacked people with a bow and arrows in Kongsberg, Norway, some 85km south-west of Oslo. Police to hold a press conference at 2200 CET.

I've just seen a picture of one of the arrows allegedly used in the attack. Looked to be about 70cm long. Reports that the attack began at around 1830 CET and that he fired into a convenience store/supermarket. Ambulances have been dispatched from Oslo, armed police deployed.

Suspect has been taken to Drammen, about 40km back towards Oslo.
Kongsberg is a mining town of about 26,000 people

"This is a gruesome incident, there is nothing else to say. Now we must try to take care of the inhabitants as best we can," mayor Kari Anne Sand told TV 2.
The attack/s took place in an area called Vestsiden with housing, shops and a university campus, Sand said.
https://twitter.com/philipoconnor/status/1448364760609828882?s=21

Reporting here in English

Police presser about to begin. @vgnett reporting at least four dead.
#Kongsberg
https://twitter.com/philipoconnor/status/1448377894250635281?s=21

Police: It's natural to evaluate if the events in Kongsberg are acts of terrorism.

Suspect arrested at 18:47. Police were called at 18:13.
There was a confrontation and the suspect ran. Police decline to speak about the circumstances of the arrest and whether or not shots were fired, but do confirm no injuries to officers.

Police all over Norway have been armed following the incident in #Kongsberg. Norwegian police do not usually carry arms on their person - they are usually secured in patrol vehicles.

Last edited:
#Kongsberg police chief Øyvind Aas:

5 dead and 2 injured confirmed during #Kongsberg bow/arrow attack on Wednesday evening

Injured was a policeman who was in the local grocery store during his down time
https://twitter.com/msuwonkunda/status/1448398106123452416?s=21

Police chief Aas: attacker hasn’t been interrogated yet, police doesn’t know much about motive(s)

Can’t give any more details about the 5 confirmed killed (age, gender). Loved ones to be informed

police chief Øyvind Aas confirms #Norway’s National Criminal Investigation Service (Kripos) are being consulted and have joined forces in investigating bow/arrow attack

Norway bow-and-arrow attacker 'was a convert to Islam' | Daily Mail Online

Danish bow-and-arrow attacker who killed five people and injured several more during terrifying 30-minute rampage through Norwegian town 'is a Muslim convert known to police'
  • Five people killed and two wounded after man went on a half-hour rampage with a bow and arrow in Norway
  • 37-year-old Danish man arrested by armed police half an hour after the attack began, with gunshots fired
  • Suspect is a convert to Islam, Norwegian broadcaster said, as investigators added that he is known to police
  • Man, who has not yet been named, had also 'been in contact with the Norwegian health service several times'

Norway bow and arrow alleged terrorist identified as Muslim convert Espen Andersen Bråthen
Norway bow and arrow alleged terrorist identified as Muslim convert Espen Andersen Bråthen

Espen Andersen Bråthen posted a video on his Facebook, speaking in English: "Hello. I'm a messenger. I come with a warning. Is this really what you want? And for all who want to make up for themselves, so it's time. Bear witness that I am a Muslim."

The Facebook video was was flagged to police in 2017 according to Norwegian media.

Senior officers say the suspect had been convicted several times in the past, and was the subject of a six-month restraining order against two close family members last year after he threatened to kill one of them.

He also had convictions for burglary and for possession of small amounts of cannabis in 2012. Norway attacks: Kongsberg bow and arrow killings 'appear to be act of terrorism', country's security agency says

It sounds like he fits the pattern of: Angry street criminal who is going no where in life develops a new religious identity as a "make over".

That aside, reports state that he was Danish, but living in Norway. I wonder how easy it is for the police in one EU country to deport an individual from another EU country as either an undesirable street criminal or genuine security threat?

It sounds like he fits the pattern of: Angry street criminal who is going no where in life develops a new religious identity as a "make over".

That aside, reports state that he was Danish, but living in Norway. I wonder how easy it is for the police in one EU country to deport an individual from another EU country as either an undesirable street criminal or genuine security threat?

The suspect had a Danish mother and Norwegian father,

Since he grew up in Norway and have lived all his life in Norway this isnt an issue in this case.

Pictured: 'Radicalised' Muslim convert who killed five in Norway rampage | Daily Mail Online

The photograph, taken in August 2020 by a nervous neighbour, shows Espen Andersen Bråthen outside his Kongsberg home with two officers. It is unclear exactly what they were speaking about, though the same month he was accused of breaching a restraining order taken out by his father who he had recently threatened to kill.

The picture emerged at the same time as an old YouTube video, which Bråthen uploaded to the site in 2017. In it, he delivers a screed that has been badly translated into English, in which he asks viewers 'is this what you want?', calls himself 'a messenger' and says: 'I come with a warning'.

He reminds me of an attacker in Plymouth.
They both seem to have mental issues.

Since he grew up in Norway and have lived all his life in Norway this isnt an issue in this case.

Though I am not familiar with EU regulations, living for very long periods of time in the United States does not lead to citizenship or legal residency in and of itself.

Likewise, as more than a few people have found out, having lived in the United States for a very long period of time does not prevent deportation at all- especially if one has a criminal record, is a documented security risk, or both.

In this case, however, the suspect appears to have a Norweigan parent. That may well count far more than "Well, I have been here a long time." in regards to his legal ability to have remained in Norway.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back