Nothing new?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many cases take years to solve and arrest.........Jason Young comes to mind.
I'm confident that LE is doing there work behind the scenes.
Presser tomorrow KATU 11 am Oregon time by parents.

Heck, just think of JonBenet Ramsey! Her mother has since passed on. I don't think we will EVER know the truth there.

Yeah, having all those Florida cases one after another really spoiled us. Outside of Florida, mums the word.

You bring up a great point here, it would be interesting to compare the success rates of capture and conviction between the states.

States like Florida with the Sunshine law and Oregon with this 'No Tell' mode of operation. Makes me wonder, does it make a difference??

I don't think it does, I don't think it makes a bit of difference in the conviction rate or success, what I think is that LE keeps all of this 'close to the vest' to protect themselves from lawsuits of slander and libel.

You bring up a great point here, it would be interesting to compare the success rates of capture and conviction between the states.

States like Florida with the Sunshine law and Oregon with this 'No Tell' mode of operation. Makes me wonder, does it make a difference??

I don't think it does, I don't think it makes a bit of difference in the conviction rate or success, what I think is that LE keeps all of this 'close to the vest' to protect themselves from lawsuits of slander and libel.

Florida doesn't disclose anything until there's an arrest. What do we know from LE in the Haleigh case?

I started nursing school and haven't had the time to check in as often as I had been. I was disappointed that there weren't some new threads based on new information.

Still praying for Kyron and his family.

The only thing I think that may change this case soon ...is..the change of season..
when does the foliage change there in Oregon? When do the leaves fall off? I'm wondering (God forbid) that if poor Kyron is indeed deceased, his body may be found (if he's not buried) once the heavy brush has shed its leaves, or maybe evidence could be unveiled. Of course I am still with hope that he is alive. I can't bring myself to subscribe to the theory that he is dead. I won't. I can't.

that the wheels of justice are turning even if we can't see them.

All major cases are like this. Not everything is visible to the public.

I hate to be the half empty in the room, but there are many, many major cases that have yet to be solved. Many of them exist here on WS.

I have lost hope in this case, but haven't lost my ability to pray (that's something I gained.)

Things to Do in a New Case or When There's No News

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104854"]Things to Do in a New Case or When There's No News - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I thought it was today? :waitasec:

Nevermind, I thought today WAS Friday! lol Oops! Good thing I remembered now before not showing up to work tomorrow.

What is it about TODAY??? I, too have been confused all day thinking it was Friday.. Hubby has had to remind me twice, No, it's Thursday!! So, Im right there with ya, jules...:)

I hate to be the half empty in the room, but there are many, many major cases that have yet to be solved. Many of them exist here on WS.

I have lost hope in this case, but haven't lost my ability to pray (that's something I gained.)

To my way of thinking and the way I live my life, hope equals prayer.

I never give up on any of these cases. The Lord moves in mysterious ways and His time is not our time. JMO

I think that LE is at a standstill until they find Kyron...

If this is so, what does it mean? No valuable info from GJ witnesses? No one saw Terri anywhere or with anyone she shouldn't have been? No cell phone records which seemed dubious? And if Kyron is found, for better or for worse, there may still be no resolution as to who is responsible for disappearing him...

It seems like nothing new is coming out in this case. Is LE just being quiet or is there really nothing new going on? Thoughts?

Are they back to square one (like we are), reviewing stuff from hour 1? I'm at a loss as to why the sudden lack of information, leaks, PCs, etc.

I hear crickets.

I think LE is just being quiet, as they have been all along............holding a lot of information close to their chest. In one of the articles since LE's presser, I noted the number of tips had grown tremendously. It's encouraging that they're getting a response and I think they're busy checking them all out.

As far as we know, there's no information coming from TH, and there's no further info coming from DD.

If there was another person who was in or near the Horman truck while it was parked at the school on June 4th, and he or she is innocent of any wrong-doing, why haven't they come forth?

I think this is the angle LE is working on..........finding that other person. I think that other person is a major piece of the puzzle that's missing. Finding that other person may be what will be the big break in this case.

I'm thinking that LE asked Terry where she parked when she arrived at the school, for the SF. The questions to the parents as to where they parked when they arrived at the school, I'm thinking that they were trying to see if anyone remembers parking next to the Horman truck. I'm thinking that they have a witness that saw the Horman truck parked either on the road in front of the school or on the access road, not necessarily in both spots. The person that was spotted in or around the truck, could have very well been Terry, she could have been the one that moved the truck. If Terry did in fact leave the school alone, and was seen by a witness, went out and moved the truck to the access road, Kyron excited the back door, after being seen in front of his class, and met Terry in the truck. The flier could have had DeDe on it for process of elimination, and not to imply suggestion, as it being Terry they were trying to identify. There doesn't necessarily have to be another person that moved that truck.
Reply With Quote Brought this over from the white truck thread, Leila, this is what I was thinking might be going on with the last fliers, MIO

I think there is a lot going on, and much of it is taking place in the Grand Jury. I feel pretty sure there is so much information that would be considered new to us, the public, were we privy to what is being spoken of ( and sworn to) in the Grand Jury.

What is it about TODAY??? I, too have been confused all day thinking it was Friday.. Hubby has had to remind me twice, No, it's Thursday!! So, Im right there with ya, jules...:)

OMG is there something in the air? My hubby usually works on Thursday, but this week he's off today and working tomorrow instead, so yep, all day long I've been thinking it was Friday and almost forgot to take my Mom-in-law to her eye dr. apptmt. Too funny!

If this is so, what does it mean? No valuable info from GJ witnesses? No one saw Terri anywhere or with anyone she shouldn't have been? No cell phone records which seemed dubious? And if Kyron is found, for better or for worse, there may still be no resolution as to who is responsible for disappearing him...

It only means there won't be an arrest until the grand jury is through with their proceedings. We won't know if anyone gave any valuable information or not until they make an announcement.
Not finding Kyron does hinder the case, but it doesn't mean it can't go forward. They could find some critical piece of evidence, or someone could tell them something which is important. You never know where a good lead will come from and when you might get a big break.
LE is by no means sitting around twiddling their thumbs... they're working on it. VERY FEW cases are solved within the first few days. In the real world, most cases take months, and some take years to resolve.

I thought it was today? :waitasec:

Nevermind, I thought today WAS Friday! lol Oops! Good thing I remembered now before not showing up to work tomorrow.

lol.. I hate it when that happens! :crazy:

Nothing new that we know of. It feels like it has been like this the whole time IMHO. Things that I thought were "news" are not helping bring Kyron home one bit. I've taken a break from this case because of it. No new info, just a lot of........ other things. And Kyron is still not home. :(

(All just IMHO.... sorry, I am Bitter Bettie today)

Sweetie.. go ahead and be bitter.. you're one who has poured a lot of herself into this case and it's frustrating. Just darn frustrating.
<hugs>

For everyone who is feeling a little down about Kyron's case :

I was just reading a news story about a child named Elizabeth Gill, who disappeared from the front porch of her home in St. Louis 45 YEARS AGO. Beth,as she was known,was 2 at the time. There was some thought that she had wandered down to the river in her neighborhood and drowned.... But her family always believed she had been abducted. However, because there were no eyewitnesses,and no real evidence, the FBI would not look for her.

Beth's family believed that she was taken by a group of gypsies who were staying in a motel behind where Beth lived....

Now, all this time later, the FBI has reopened the case, and is treating it as an abduction ! Rumor has it that an FBI agent has actually found one of the gypsies who were staying in the motel.... Be interesting to see where this leads...

I'm posting this to say : Never give up. Because we just don't know what the ending will be with regard to Kyron.... Anything's possible, IMO

All JMO

Unless there's a major development, I don't think we'll hear any new information from either LE or the family while the grand jury proceedings are ongoing.

I think it's a mistake to ever think that what we know in a case is all there is to know. I am sure there is plenty KH and DY haven't shared with us and even more that LE hasn't made public.

When there isn't a witness and an abducted person isn't harmed at a known site such that there is forensic evidence, it can take a very long time to put all the pieces together and solve the puzzle.

In this case, particularly, LE has been so tight-lipped that it sometimes feels like there's no progress, but with the FBI and other agencies also involved, I don't think there would be a lot of ball-dropping going on. I think they're doing the best that can possibly be done without a confession. They'll get there...just may take longer since no one is talking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member