Nursing home keeps spirits up with own pub

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]A nursing home in Ireland has hit on a cheering way to keep up the spirits of its elderly patients -- by providing its own pub.[/font] [font=Verdana,Sans-serif]St Mary's Hospital in County Monaghan, near the Irish border with Northern Ireland, believes ready access to a good pint may help its patients -- average age 85 -- actually live longer.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]"We would say the whole social aspect of life does extend the years -- it means the patients aren't bored to death," Rose Mooney, assistant director of nursing told Reuters.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]The pub, which opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m. and charges normal bar prices, had also led to an increase in the number of visitors, she said.
[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]http://reuters.myway.com/article/20051114/2005-11-14T181607Z_01_MO[/font]

Well we all know where I am going to retire...

Do they have computers???

Amraann said:

I'll see you there, sweetie, and I'll bring along a couple of laptops just in case!

Amraann said:

Seems like a nice place to go visit now:)

Wonder if we will catch Colin Farrell runnin' around at pub time turning to snag the older women. I hear he has been trying to do that as of late. Gotta love those Irish boys!

But really, what wonderful addition to a nursing home. Why not let them have some fun during their elderly years, they do so deserve it.

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]http://reuters.myway.com/article/20051114/2005-11-14T181607Z_01_MO[/font]

Gozgals:woohoo: :woohoo:

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]
[/font]

These are my people. (but I am a disgrace to them, as I do not drink). lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads