NV NV - Camille Dardanes Dotson, 30, Las Vegas, May 1994

Lengthy but brilliantly written new news article with lots of information and photos

What Happens In Vegas: The Life & Disappearance of Camille Dardanes Dotson

79946083_2650258835039313_1019866716311650304_n.jpg
78985573_2184967928477099_4902590836354580480_n.jpg
80357114_454004045530515_9017879292217917440_n.jpg

“Be a good girl.” Those were the last words Ashley Dotson’s mother Camille ever said to her before vanishing in Las Vegas in 1994. Ashley’s life, which had already been quite rough, would never be the same. She spent a lot of her childhood waiting in the car outside seedy strip clubs and bars while her grandmother would go inside to ask if anyone had seen her mom around. Nobody ever did.

They held out hope that Camille was alive somewhere. After all, she had some legal troubles, so it wasn’t impossible that she just chose to skip town. But as the weeks turned to months and the months turned to years, their hopes of her returning alive began to fade away.

Thank you so much for adding the updated information. I haven't been on here in many years!

Lengthy but brilliantly written new news article with lots of information and photos

79946083_2650258835039313_1019866716311650304_n.jpg
78985573_2184967928477099_4902590836354580480_n.jpg
80357114_454004045530515_9017879292217917440_n.jpg

“Be a good girl.” Those were the last words Ashley Dotson’s mother Camille ever said to her before vanishing in Las Vegas in 1994. Ashley’s life, which had already been quite rough, would never be the same. She spent a lot of her childhood waiting in the car outside seedy strip clubs and bars while her grandmother would go inside to ask if anyone had seen her mom around. Nobody ever did.

They held out hope that Camille was alive somewhere. After all, she had some legal troubles, so it wasn’t impossible that she just chose to skip town. But as the weeks turned to months and the months turned to years, their hopes of her returning alive began to fade away.

She's been ruled out on Illinois cases and Nevada as well. There's another thread on here about an Illinois case and mentions my mom having been officially ruled out. You just have to search her name and the thread regarding Champaign pops up. I've contacted NAMUS and it's a joke They won't give me any information even though they have my dna! They said I'd have to contact the detective in charge. I contacted LVMPD and they said he retired and there is no detective on her case. They won't give information either. The most they did is give highly redacted police reports. Which they shouldn't have been that way since I'm next of kin. We also found out that unlike all reports, she was in court September 26 1994. I've been told since I was 7 she was last seen in may 94.

Hi Ashley!

I really hope you get answers and find your mom! I just looked up her NamUs profile. They only have a few ruled out comparisons, all from Virginia. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She's been ruled out on Illinois cases and Nevada as well. There's another thread on here about an Illinois case and mentions my mom having been officially ruled out. You just have to search her name and the thread regarding Champaign pops up. I've contacted NAMUS and it's a joke They won't give me any information even though they have my dna! They said I'd have to contact the detective in charge. I contacted LVMPD and they said he retired and there is no detective on her case. They won't give information either. The most they did is give highly redacted police reports. Which they shouldn't have been that way since I'm next of kin. We also found out that unlike all reports, she was in court September 26 1994. I've been told since I was 7 she was last seen in may 94.

I am so sorry you are going thru this. You deserve to have answers, and someone to help you!

@ashleydotson - I track your mom's case in NamUs and something on her NamUs profile was modified on 8/12. (It still only shows rule outs from VA) I don't know if you heard anything from them but maybe that means they are still looking into her case.

The Vanished Podcast just did a story about Camille's Disappearance . <iframe src="The Vanished Podcast" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

They interviewed Camille's daughter and a few friends. It's worth a listen.

The podcast Missing by Tim Pilleri and Lance Reenstierna released an episode last Thursday on the disappearance of Camille Dardanes Dotson. I listened to it this morning and it is really good. They speak to Gabrielle Prouxl who has been helping Ashley in her search.

Also, she went missing between 4th September and 26th September 1994. The May date was sloppy police work and it has been found out the between the dates listed above in September 1994 is when she went missing.

My mom's thread got closed. I know we can find her. I just joined this site. Maybe I have information that can help!

Identified! - IL - Champaign Co., WhtFem Skeletal 220UFIL, 19-41, in cornfield, May'95 - Keri Lyn Wyant

Bless you, Ashley. I just finished listening to the Vanished podcast about your mom. Wishing you all the best, may you find the answers about your mom’s disappearance.

——

Bringing forward the link and information for the Vanished Podcast:

‎The Vanished Podcast: Camille Dardanes Dotson on Apple Podcasts

“Episode Notes:

Camille Dardanes Dotson disappeared from Las Vegas, Nevada, sometime in September of 1994. While she once had a promising future, Camille had been on a downward spiral for quite some time. Unfortunately, it took months to report Camille missing, and the police didn’t seem very interested in looking for her. Camille’s mom moved to Las Vegas and began spending her free time searching for her daughter, but no one had seen Camille. Mysteriously, Camille’s missing person’s case was closed by the Las Vegas Metro Police Department months later and wasn’t reopened until the early 2000s, when a friend began seeking answers. Today, the search for what happened to Camille continues with her daughter, Ashley, who was just a young child when her mom vanished. During this renewed search, they have found was that in the lead-up to her disappearance, Camille was involved with some violent men, had ties to organized crime, and was possibly working as an informant.
If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Camille Dardanes Dotson, please call the Las Vegas Metro Police Department at (702) 828-3111.
You can follow developments in this case on Facebook at Camille Dardanes Dotson - Missing Person.”

Camille's NamUs profile was modified today, 11/9/22. She now has 5 rule outs with UP6604 being added today.

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6604
Date Body Found April 24, 1995
State OK
County Caddo
Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8419
Date Body Found January 16, 2001
State VA
County Isle of Wight
Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP12683