NV - Four killed, 7 injured in IHOP shooting, Carson City, 6 Sept 2011

I completely agree gitano (^). It appears (at least to me) that the common thread between these "shooters" is some history of mental illness COMBINED WITH a penchant for, or excessive interest in, acts of violence.
JMO

Hi, I found a news clip on a site that had a bit of surveillance footage from the restaurant down the street from the IHOP ... do I just give the web address or paste the link/page here ?
Sorry' I've read the rules for posting here and wasn't sure if I needed to copy and paste for a full video clip or just say what site it was on .
This event makes me nervous to even eat out anywhere; I'm feeling like I need to sit by an exit , if that would even help.
Thanks in advance , and condolences to the victims' families!

Hi, I found a news clip on a site that had a bit of surveillance footage from the restaurant down the street from the IHOP ... do I just give the web address or paste the link/page here ?
Sorry' I've read the rules for posting here and wasn't sure if I needed to copy and paste for a full video clip or just say what site it was on .
This event makes me nervous to even eat out anywhere; I'm feeling like I need to sit by an exit , if that would even help.
Thanks in advance , and condolences to the victims' families!

Go ahead and copy the link and post it.

AND!!!
:wagon:

OK, thanks, Kimster !

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/nevada-ihop-massacre-heard-14468395?tab=
Nevada IHOP Massacre Seen and Heard
New details are uncovered as surveillance video and 911 calls are released.
03:05 | 09/07/2011

Great find! I stand by the fact that he may have been mentally ill, but it he went for what he felt represented America, and that is why he targeted NG! When I first heard about this crime, I thought it would be a white male anti-government, the only thing that has changed is the color of his skin...still anti-government! :twocents:

MHO

http://www.rgj.com/comments/article...dealt-police-under-involuntary-commitment-law

Check out the comments! So this article state's there were 2 AK-47's, and an 5051 in California 11 years earlier...if I am reading it correctly no other LE contact! The unanswered questions are:

1) Who owned the gun's...are they automatic or semi?

2) What was the shooter's status.....passport, visa, legal or illegal?

3) What is the family status...wanting to be paid for interview?

4) Why uniformed military was targeted?

I believe that all these questions have answers that LE is aware of, however are spinning due to fear of public outcry! MHO

I wonder if the weapons were part of Operation Fast and Furious? If they were, I'm sure we'll never find out.

I wonder if the weapons were part of Operation Fast and Furious? If they were, I'm sure we'll never find out.

Wow, I never even thought about that....I sure hope that this is not another failure on an insane program/idea!!!!!!

:banghead:

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_n...trying-to-track-the-ihop-guns-path-from-china

The officials say the actual shooting was committed with a Norinco Arms AK-47. Norinco, the Chinese company, is a global supplier of firearms and military weapons.

Since 1994, the United States has banned all imports of Norinco weapons into the United States (other than shotguns), but dealers were allowed to sell any stock they acquired before the import ban went into effect.

An attempt to trace where and how Sencion acquired the weapon has not come up with an answer. The dealer who originally sold the weapon has since gone out of business, which complicates the tracing effort.

It really bothers me that this story is not getting more media play! Something is wrong here!

Wow, I never even thought about that....I sure hope that this is not another failure on an insane program/idea!!!!!!

:banghead:

I know I'm late in the discussion.. I thought the exact same thing. I would bet big money those are weapons from fast and furious. How terribly ironic.

And I agree with other poster about what happened to this story after first day?? I live in Las Vegas and it broke here on local news for the day .. Haven't heard another word since. Does anyone have any updates?

V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675