Presumed Located NV - Gayle Stewart, 64, missing for 2nd time in two months, Hoover Dam, 14 March 2022

IMO every bit of this case seems "off" to me. Unfortunately, our snippets of social mainstream information appear to not always rely on full facts but attention grabbers. Her son's post is not sinister but unsettling. Mental issues for Mom seem to be front and center but not discussed openly. Peculiar to have been missing and found clinging to a tree and taking off so soon again on an adventure. Maybe she is fiercely independent and her family treads softly. Maybe she is a free spirit and people don't want to drag her down. However, when certain behavioral changes begin, many families jump in to guard and protect the individual. Then we have the families that are oblivious to behavior and observe nothing. This time missing doesn't have the markings of turning out good. Whatever her goal, I hope it brings her peace. Maybe more answers will come to light.

Have there been any official searches for GS? Was she officially reported as a Missing Person?

How can someone hope there is for peace for Gayle when we don't know where she is or what happened to her if she is clinging to life again from a cliff's edge or something? I find this case to be alarming, at best.

March 17
Search underway for missing woman in Lake Mead National Recreation Area - Investigative Services (U.S. National Park Service)

"Though no further details for this ongoing missing person investigation are available at this time, information from other visitors is often very helpful to investigators. If you have information that could help locate Gayle Stewart, the park asks you to call or text the ISB Tip Line at 888-653-0009, use the online Tip form at go.nps.gov/SubmitATip, or e-mail us

You don’t have to tell us who you are, but please tell us what you know:

CALL or TEXT the ISB Tip Line 888-653-0009
ONLINE go.nps.gov/SubmitATip
EMAIL e-mail us
EMERGENCY dial 9-1-1"

Gayle Stewart

| CREDIT: NATIONAL PARK SERVICE INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES
A search is underway for a Nevada woman once again after she last disappeared on Valentine's Day and was later found in a "miracle" rescue mission.

Authorities are searching for Gayle Stewart, 64, who previously went missing in February but was later found holding onto a tree on a cliff, NBC News reported.

In a March 17 news release about her latest disappearance, the National Park Service said Stewart, of Reno, was last seen on March 14.

Stewart was in the Bypass Bridge parking area near the Hoover Dam, officials said. She had been in the area taking photos, but never returned to her car.
Nevada Woman Missing Again After Loved Ones' Search Party Found Her Clinging to Tree on Cliff

IMO every bit of this case seems "off" to me. Unfortunately, our snippets of social mainstream information appear to not always rely on full facts but attention grabbers. Her son's post is not sinister but unsettling. Mental issues for Mom seem to be front and center but not discussed openly. Peculiar to have been missing and found clinging to a tree and taking off so soon again on an adventure. Maybe she is fiercely independent and her family treads softly. Maybe she is a free spirit and people don't want to drag her down. However, when certain behavioral changes begin, many families jump in to guard and protect the individual. Then we have the families that are oblivious to behavior and observe nothing. This time missing doesn't have the markings of turning out good. Whatever her goal, I hope it brings her peace. Maybe more answers will come to light.
I really like your post. Personal experience tells me you have great insight and it feels familiar. Thank you.
LEWRXTXN7ZADFLJP7E7EZCE744.jpg

Gayle Stewart, 64, was rescued on Feb. 14, 2022 after she was found clinging to a tree in the Caughlin Ranch area hours after she disappeared.(KOLO, Reno Fire Department
Reno woman missing in southern Nevada

Reactions: byo
It would seem that if she suffered a mental health issue such as early onset Dementia, the family would have taken her car away after the first mishap on FEB 14. Folks with Dementia cannot control their desires to continue being independent for their judgment is impaired.

My 83yo father had ALZ Dementia for his last ten years but the first time he got lost driving, we took his car. My 58yo sister died in JAN from Lewy Body Dementia after only a 4 year diagnosis but her vehicle was taken straight away and before the diagnosis was made. These decisions are not made arbitrarily nor taken lightly but the safety of loved ones is paramount.

Just need to clear this up. There are a number of different types of dementia and the majority of them do not require taking away one's ability to drive. Many people with dementia are able to drive safely. Taking away their independence and autonomy, when there isn't a safety concern, will often make things worse.

So my point is if this woman does have dementia, it doesn't necessarily mean she can't travel hundreds of miles away safely or that she gets lost or anything. It can mean that with certain types of dementia (notably Alzheimer's, which can affect geographic memory), but most people with dementia do just fine driving in early disease.

Just need to clear this up. There are a number of different types of dementia and the majority of them do not require taking away one's ability to drive. Many people with dementia are able to drive safely. Taking away their independence and autonomy, when there isn't a safety concern, will often make things worse.

So my point is if this woman does have dementia, it doesn't necessarily mean she can't travel hundreds of miles away safely or that she gets lost or anything. It can mean that with certain types of dementia (notably Alzheimer's, which can affect geographic memory), but most people with dementia do just fine driving in early disease.
Thank you for your insight. I have many friends with multiple family members with dementia. It is a frightening disease. Can being bipolar have caused her behavior?

Thank you for your insight. I have many friends with multiple family members with dementia. It is a frightening disease. Can being bipolar have caused her behavior?

Yes, it is a cruel disease. My heart goes out to anyone dealing with it.

I'm not sure what behavior we're talking about specifically. I'm new to this case, but from what I've read so far, we have a woman who went missing twice. The first time she was found clinging to a tree and the second time, we don't know as she's still missing.

If it was a suicide attempt as some mentioned above, then yes those struggling with bipolar disorder are vulnerable to suicidal thoughts and suicide. But is there anything in her past that suggests a bipolar diagnosis? It's a diagnosis that usually occurs in the 20s and 30s (in women, slightly younger in men). A lot of people without bipolar disorder die by suicide, so even if she had a suicide attempt, it doesn't necessarily mean she had bipolar disorder.

But like I said, I'm new to this case so if there's something I've missed, let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Yes, it is a cruel disease. My heart goes out to anyone dealing with it.

I'm not sure what behavior we're talking about specifically. I'm new to this case, but from what I've read so far, we have a woman who went missing twice. The first time she was found clinging to a tree and the second time, we don't know as she's still missing.

If it was a suicide attempt as some mentioned above, then yes those struggling with bipolar disorder are vulnerable to suicidal thoughts and suicide. But is there anything in her past that suggests a bipolar diagnosis? It's a diagnosis that usually occurs in the 20s and 30s (in women, slightly younger in men). A lot of people without bipolar disorder die by suicide, so even if she had a suicide attempt, it doesn't necessarily mean she had bipolar disorder.

But like I said, I'm new to this case so if there's something I've missed, let me know and I'll tell you what I think.
Thank you. I've been following the case but am by no means an expert on it. The thing that struck me the most (and of course this is IMO and not concrete evidence) is that she is a youthful, attractive, lively looking woman in the picture. Somehow her behavior and the released picture don't seem to fit the circumstances. We can only assume it is a recent picture since she is missing. Kind of makes one wonder if something else could have happened. We can hope for the best. Thanks again

Welcome to Websleuths, BeginnerSleuther!

Yes, there are several types of Dementia but we don't know if she has it. Two forms of dementia were mentioned in my OP. I went to the private facility where my sister with Lewy Body Dementia lived the last year of her life every weekday in order to feed her dinner, even when I didn't feel like it. I saw patients with all types of mental health issues during those visits last year, most of whom had a form of Dementia.

My father had ALZ Dementia for years before his vehicle was taken. He was living with me at that time as he preferred being here, opposed to private care but there came a time when a PC facility was best.

Members here try to help victims or the families of victims. Since we don't have access to GS's medical records, we can speculate, within reason, what may have happened. A lithe lady is found in a tree while seemingly clinging to life on a steep slope near Caughlin Ranch then she goes missing again within two months is a cause for great concern.

I tracked planes and helicopters via Flight Radar for a while to see if there were searches for her hoping she'd be located. However, a good many other people were missing in the general area and time.

Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

This is one such victim searches were seeking:

Colorado Woman Dies at Grand Canyon National Park After Falling Into Colorado River Rapids

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back