Identified! NV - Henderson, WhtFem 25-45, UP7583, found by anon tip, Red/Auburn hair, clothes, shoe, Jan'08 - NamUs removed

Been lurking on this thread for a while. What about this MP as a possible match? She went missing from Las Vegas. Her NAMUS link is below-her picture appears to be her high school or college graduation photo:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8239/39/
Namus says her hair is "brown" but it looks red in her photo. She resembles the reconstruction, IMO. Any thoughts?

Been lurking on this thread for a while. What about this MP as a possible match? She went missing from Las Vegas. Her NAMUS link is below-her picture appears to be her high school or college graduation photo:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8239/39/
Namus says her hair is "brown" but it looks red in her photo. She resembles the reconstruction, IMO. Any thoughts?

AMANDA FRAVEL and the UID both have DNA complete, so I believe she would be considered ruled out.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

Michelle Benjamin 1972 Pennsylvania
Angela Finger 1983 Nevada
Jessica Foster 1984 Nevada
Lindsey Harris 1983 Nevada
Phylis Lewellen 1960 Washington
Tammy Lopez 1966 Nevada
Joey Offutt 1973 Pennsylvania
April Pitzer 1974 California
Laurie Steiner 1952 Missouri
Tina Wilson 1961 Ohio

Now I am confused. I know NAMUS computer runs 365 days a year, but I thought a specific MP had to be called in to compare to a specific UID, then both were loaded into the computer to compare. Or does the computer compare all MPs with all UIDs automatically? Wouldn't Amanda be on the ruleout list if she had been compared with the UID?

Also, I ran across a Michigan MP with red hair while I was looking for someone else-I will see if I can find the Michigan MP again and will post it if it seems close. At the time she disappeared the Michigan MP had shorter red hair, but it could have grown out. OK found her- Robin Lynn Jobson- Missing since 1998 from Michigan. Here is her link:
Link:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2635dfmi.html

She could have easily travelled to the Southwestern United States. Michigan or Kentucky to Nevada would take about 2 days. When I moved to Nevada, it took me 3 days from Western KY, but I had a dog and an 8 year old in the car also, so we kept stopping for bathroom breaks and food.

Wait, hasn't Amanda Fravel been missing since 1986? I though this UID was estimated to have only been dead about 6 months when she was found in 2008. Unless you're suggesting that Amanda was alive but missing for 22 years (unlikely but not impossible).

Now I am confused. I know NAMUS computer runs 365 days a year, but I thought a specific MP had to be called in to compare to a specific UID, then both were loaded into the computer to compare. Or does the computer compare all MPs with all UIDs automatically? Wouldn't Amanda be on the ruleout list if she had been compared with the UID?

The computer compares all MP's with all UID's automatically, and if a hit isn't generated, it is presumed to be a non-match if both cases have comparable DNA types in the system.

That last part is crucial - both the MP and UID must either have mtDNA in the system, or both the MP and UID must have nucDNA in the system, and for a nucDNA comparison based on Family Reference Samples (as opposed to nucDNA directly from the MP) the MP case must have at least two Family Reference Samples to compare.

Rule-outs that result from this automated comparison process aren't necessarily added to the NamUs rule-out list. Usually only rule-outs based on manual comparisons are listed.

outside Las Vegas, buried in a shallow grave. At first it was thought to be a recent death, then his clothes were analyzed-he was dressed in late 1940-early 50's style clothes. People assumed it was some sort of mob hit from back then. I don't know if he was ever identified.

I was also thinking of the case where a woman missing for over a decade, and presumed dead, was found alive and living in Florida under an assumed name. I believe her original name was Brenda Heist or something like that.

I remember reading that Amanda was employed as an assistant manager at (nationally known fast food restaurant that I won't mention) and that her day off that week was payday-she apparently never collected her paycheck. She might have been hitchiking from where she lived to her work place to get her check and ended up in the desert. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for clarifying the NAMUS computer workings, Karl.

Heather's Namus page states her " DNA sample submitted-tests complete"- I believe the computer would have matched her, according to what Karl wrote earlier today about how the NAMUS computer works, if Heather was the UID.

MP28246
SHERRY
YATES
03/12/1981
Clark
NV
MP606
Amanda
Carroll
05/02/2000
Hunterdon
NJ
MP5616
Margaret
Warrington
02/24/1997
Kenton
KY
MP190
Tammy
Lopez
09/01/2003
Clark
NV
MP10102
Phylis
Lewellen
12/27/1996
Cowlitz
WA
MP10459
Tina
Wilson
04/18/2005
Franklin
OH
MP177
Jessica
Foster
03/28/2006
Clark
NV
MP12170
Lindsay
Harris
05/06/2005
Clark
NV
MP1320
April
Pitzer
06/28/2004
San Bernardino
CA
MP2281
Angela
Finger
06/25/2006
Clark
NV
MP2651
Laurie
Steiner
03/15/2007
St. Louis
MO
MP3067
Joey
Offutt
07/06/2007
Jefferson
PA
MP2983
Michelle
Benjamin
06/22/2007
Elk
PA

I wonder why they haven’t publicly ID’d her yet? Part of an ongoing investigation?

The way in which they found her was so brazen on part of the killer that maybe he has other murders they need to solve as well and are trying to connect etc. who knows.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back