Resolved NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 25-40, UP417, letter written in German, scar, birthmark, Sep'06 - namus removed

The announcement said he came to the US in the autumn of 2001. That would have been pretty difficult if it was soon after 9/11. Even air travel within the country was chaotic and difficult for the rest of that year. Of course he didn't necessarily have to arrive by airlines, and could have entered by land travel from Canada or Mexico, by sea, etc.

The announcement said he came to the US in the autumn of 2001. That would have been pretty difficult if it was soon after 9/11. Even air travel within the country was chaotic and difficult for the rest of that year. Of course he didn't necessarily have to arrive by airlines, and could have entered by land travel from Canada or Mexico, by sea, etc.
Unfortunately there isn’t a whole ton regarding his arrival. I think he flew in (mainly because of where he came from and how far it was from America) and he had a valid passport to prove off security officials.

Also, the company he drove truck for does indeed have international locations and with what he reportedly told others about driving to Mexico, he could have had a passport under the stolen identity (or just was allowed to pass as I believe some Canadians can pass through Vancouver, WA without a passport, at least back in the day).

Last edited:
Resolved and identified!

A few things we can share at the moment:
  1. TMD was a German-born man who lived the majority of his life in Germany before moving abroad. He had a habit of picking up and leaving -- and I mean truly dropping everything (possessions, employment, relationships) and moving onto to something new. His identity was confirmed via DNA. He was in his mid-40's when he died.
  2. TMD was an incredibly intelligent individual. Sonny and I are still in the process of locating family abroad, but the most common refrain we hear from people who knew him was that he was very smart. He was a skillful, cunning, deeply adaptable person, and it's become very apparent that even in his illicit activities there was a streak of genius.
  3. Sonny and I have been able to confirm three (3) places of residences in the Las Vegas for TMD. We were also able to find evidence of his presence in at least five (5) states. Still, large swatches of his time in America are mysteries. TMD was an incredibly savvy identity thief and we are still trying to make sense of the web he left behind.
  4. Sonny and I were able to discover the exact month and year he arrived to the USA (and under what passport) and we shared that information with the DHS, helping them close up their independant investigation. He came to the United States in the autumn of 2001. However, we have evidence that he visited the USA on the east coast in the early 1990s.
  5. We've had the privilege of getting to know TMD's former wife and daughter, who are incredible, kind, good people. They've shared not only insight about TMD, but former possessions, home videos, photos, even TMD's old report cards from when he was a kid. Through them, we know that TMD has at least two (2) other children on a whole other continent and Sonny and I are in the process of identifying and contacting them.
  6. TMD's laptop -- that famed computer -- was found in storage at the Clark County Coroner's Office after all. How 'bout that? As I write this, the computer is (hopefully) being packed and mailed across the world to TMD's next of kin. What's on it? Well, the letter for one. And potentially a trove of other information. We were informed that the computer isn't working and "flickers on and off", however the hard drive should be fine. Whether that information is shared with Sonny and I is up to TMD's family. It would be nice for our (endlessly burning) curiosity, but it's up to the family.
  7. TMD was a long-haul truck driver. That notion started as a hunch, and then an educated guess, and then a valid assumption based on deduction. And sure enough, it's true. He worked as a long-haul truck driver for a major common carrier, for at least a year before his death. He apparently informed people that he ran routes "a lot to Mexico." It's likely he traveled all over the United States. We were informed by people who knew him abroad that TMD claimed that he always wanted to be a truck driver, as it would provide him an opportunity to see the world.
  8. Remember that access card to a military base? Well, we got more information on that recently. It still may have been a red herring, but it is ******* weirder than you can ever imagine. And now knowing the type of person TMD was, his possession of it raises a million questions.
Regarding #8 - Does this lead to other possible missing people or murdered folks? Does it potentially lead down a rabbit hole of more questions regarding other missing people?

Regarding #8 - Does this lead to other possible missing people or murdered folks? Does it potentially lead down a rabbit hole of more questions regarding other missing people?
Like the toxicology report? I think that was #8. If so, BAC is unreliable usually about 48 hours after death due to fermentation/purification...

Like the toxicology report? I think that was #8. If so, BAC is unreliable usually about 48 hours after death due to fermentation/purification...
Do you have any like medical journals about this or like citations?

Do you have any like medical journals about this or like citations?

This name stood out to me...

The Doe Network: Johan Olof Mattias Asplund & 938DMSWE

I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to all things European! This is probably highly unlikely, but he’s the only one on Doe Network that stood out to me in the slightest. I’m guessing this man was never reported missing.
I've posted a thread about the disappearance of Johan Asplund in November 1980.

This is interesting, and in some ways reminds me of the case of “Jack Barsky”, though the origins of TMD’s deception are quite different.

Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi - Martin Bohdal - La scheda

Martin Bohdal
Sex: M
Nationality: Austrian
Size: 176
Black eyes
Black hair
Disappeared from: Velden (Austria)
Date of disappearance: 08/08/1998

1292498076432BodhalMartin_scheda.jpg
1711052285709.png

Martin Bohdal, 23, disappeared from Velden, in Carinthia, on the night of 7 August 1998. He had gone to the lake Wörther see with some friends to spend the weekend. The eight boys had rented a speedboat to get around during the evening. At 2.45 the young people reached the pier, and got on the boat to reach a party in an area called Fabrik. It was at this point that traces of the boy are lost. Friends' versions contradictory: someone has argued that he saw Martin Bohdal untie the moorings; others say he would get on the boat, then disappear to Fabrik; there are those who said they heard shouts. Family members are convinced that the boy is in Italy.

As far as I'm concerned this case is solved. The UID is identified, although his name is never made public. There are some members who probably know exactly who he is, because they were involved in the solution. Are we now searching for a name?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back