Resolved NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 25-40, UP417, letter written in German, scar, birthmark, Sep'06 - namus removed

What about Daniel Eberhardt? When you Google him there's a lot of media about him, but i don't see him on the European missing childrens lists. So maybe he hasn't been looked at... I think there's a resemblance...

Daniel Eberhardt
Berichte

One thing I have noticed about his picture ID is that he has his head tilted slightly back. Just enough to alter the profile of his nose. I have a few photos of myself like this, and it changes my face a bit.

Glad to see this thread still going. Can we refer to him as Tod Motor Doe? There has been some recent media interest in the case so I'm back again to try to help identify this man. I've seen some mention of requests under the FOIA and this is what happened to us when we last tried:

We reached out to the Clark County Coroner's Office late in 2017. At that time, the case was still open and active, which is a tad strange considering this is a 12-year old suicide in one of the busiest and most transient cities on the planet. There are criminal elements to this case, most visibly, the issue of identity fraud. Of course, there could be others the public doesn't know about. Detectives now assigned the case (the case isn't actively being 'worked') were reluctant to release any additional information.

In 2018, we filed a state equivalent of a FOIA/FOIL request for any and all information regarding this case, including autopsy reports, police findings, redacted interviews. We were soundly rejected on that request because of the case's enduring status as 'open.'

Hey Dummy: If You Think TMD Was a Foreigner, Get INTERPOL On The Case!

We tried, we certainly tried. In 2017, a detective at the Clark County Coroner's Office said it was "very likely" that information about TMD was forwarded to INTERPOL and international allies through the appropriate channels back in 2008. He wasn't sure however.

A FOIA request to INTERPOL - Washington returned nothing. We were told that even if information was sent, investigative records at INTERPOL - Washington are only retained for seven (7) years from the date a case is closed.

We contacted the Bundeskriminalamt (BKA). This agency serves as the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Germany, and is Germany’s central agency for police information and communication. As private citizens can not pass information or initiate investigations, we were rerouted back to Las Vegas law enforcement.

We then reached out to the Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Missing Persons Coordination Centre (NMPCC). We were informed that they were "a non-operational arm of the AFP, and as such do not get involved in the recording or investigation of missing persons in Australia." We were advised to petition the Clark County Coroner's Office to pass information to federal law enforcement outlets in Western Australia (Perth). Much like German privacy laws, in Australia, statutes dictate that all information and searches must come through official channels.

Glad to see this thread still going. Can we refer to him as Tod Motor Doe? There has been some recent media interest in the case so I'm back again to try to help identify this man. I've seen some mention of requests under the FOIA and this is what happened to us when we last tried:

We reached out to the Clark County Coroner's Office late in 2017. At that time, the case was still open and active, which is a tad strange considering this is a 12-year old suicide in one of the busiest and most transient cities on the planet. There are criminal elements to this case, most visibly, the issue of identity fraud. Of course, there could be others the public doesn't know about. Detectives now assigned the case (the case isn't actively being 'worked') were reluctant to release any additional information.

In 2018, we filed a state equivalent of a FOIA/FOIL request for any and all information regarding this case, including autopsy reports, police findings, redacted interviews. We were soundly rejected on that request because of the case's enduring status as 'open.'

Hey Dummy: If You Think TMD Was a Foreigner, Get INTERPOL On The Case!

We tried, we certainly tried. In 2017, a detective at the Clark County Coroner's Office said it was "very likely" that information about TMD was forwarded to INTERPOL and international allies through the appropriate channels back in 2008. He wasn't sure however.

A FOIA request to INTERPOL - Washington returned nothing. We were told that even if information was sent, investigative records at INTERPOL - Washington are only retained for seven (7) years from the date a case is closed.

We contacted the Bundeskriminalamt (BKA). This agency serves as the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Germany, and is Germany’s central agency for police information and communication. As private citizens can not pass information or initiate investigations, we were rerouted back to Las Vegas law enforcement.

We then reached out to the Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Missing Persons Coordination Centre (NMPCC). We were informed that they were "a non-operational arm of the AFP, and as such do not get involved in the recording or investigation of missing persons in Australia." We were advised to petition the Clark County Coroner's Office to pass information to federal law enforcement outlets in Western Australia (Perth). Much like German privacy laws, in Australia, statutes dictate that all information and searches must come through official channels.
Wow, you sure did try hard. This man and his loved ones sure are lucky with so much love and dedication.
Let’s keep trying to bring him home, all of us.

I found out from LMVPD that the case was closed. They said that they had identified John Doe at the time and so did the coroner. He is still unidentified as far as I know…something is very off

REALLY! There has definitely been a bit of covering up going on in my opinion. So which is it, opened or closed? If he's identified then why is there still a file?

REALLY! There has definitely been a bit of covering up going on in my opinion. So which is it, opened or closed? If he's identified then why is there still a file?
Closed, pretty much. For LMVPD. Coroner is investigating still

What about Daniel Eberhardt? When you Google him there's a lot of media about him, but i don't see him on the European missing childrens lists. So maybe he hasn't been looked at... I think there's a resemblance...

Daniel Eberhardt
Berichte
Still think he could pass with the passportpicture of the uid… has e ever been ruled out?

I found out from LMVPD that the case was closed. They said that they had identified John Doe at the time and so did the coroner. He is still unidentified as far as I know…something is very off
What?
If it's suicide, then the case is usually closed anyway.
Often the public is not informed of ID's if it is suicide
The County should remove the NAMUS file.

Edit: NAMUS page (I can find it, but I can't link it..weird) Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP417

Last edited:
What?
If it's suicide, then the case is usually closed anyway.
Often the public is not informed of ID's if it is suicide
The County should remove the NAMUS file.

Edit: NAMUS page (I can find it, but I can't link it..weird) Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP417

I can still access the link to UP417. His account is still up for me.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I found this guy on the Doenetwork. He has a passing resemblance to the UID. There is a Hans Ulrich Santmann who went missing in 2011 at the age of 43 in Washington state but the age is off and even with the full beard I don't see a resemblance.

Public asked to help find missing Tahuya man

4139DMCHE - Hans Ulrich Santmann

The page is blank for me :(
Except for the heading.
How strange to have a case like this and the people responsible for investigating it have no idea if it’s open or closed?!?

The missing persons below have been ruled out on NamUs for UP417:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #Andreas Duenkler
Date of Last ContactFebruary 19, 1997
State--
County--

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP202Kinsey Otto
Date of Last ContactMay 20, 2000
StateNV
CountyClark

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP433Michael Bazan
Date of Last ContactJuly 27, 2003
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP296Amos Mortier
Date of Last ContactNovember 08, 2004
StateWI
CountyDane

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7617Travis Taylor
Date of Last ContactNovember 13, 2003
StateVA
CountyVirginia Beach

It seems this was nationwide. But, I feel sure others are aware.

The Randolph-Sheppard Act, enacted in 1936, is a federal law that gives vendors who are legally blind priority over other vendors to operate concession services or “vending facilities” on most federal property. Nearly every state has adopted a similar law; these state laws are often referred to as mini-Randolph-Sheppard Acts. The Randolph-Sheppard Act and its state law counterparts make vendors who are legally blind powerful agents with respect to vending and other concession services on a wide variety of government property.

Also, I suppose there could be other types of "vending" but I automatically think of food/drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, TMD probably killed himself the night before he was supposed to check out. This would have been between 18-24 hours prior to maintenance finding him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back