Identified! NV - Nye Co, Beatty, WhtMale 40-55, UP14934, gold chain w/ '$1.98' pendant, Florsheim shoes, Oct'80 - Albert Matas

Refreshing the thread...

I see his Namus account is down so hopefully there'll be an announcement soon. Where he was found is about equidistant between Las Vegas and Reno, both gambling locations. I think there was a lot more organized crime in the gambling business back then. It's been sanitized quite a lot since then. Although his medallion showed 1.98 with a dollar sign there is actually a wagering term for betting the odds called 1.98. Here's the link:

Being found so close to two of the gambling capitals of the world (at the time) it's possible this man's murder was related to gambling. The .22 calibre bullets are classic for hits; they aren't messy. It is unusual to be shot from both sides. That is very strange. Especially if it was found that ballistics showed the bullets were from the same weapon.

Today his Doenewtork page was updated to identified: "561UMNV discovered on October 22, 1980 in Nye County, Nevada has been identified per NamUs. No further information is available."
He obviously was murdered. Usually murder victims are identified.

He obviously was murdered. Usually murder victims are identified.
He probably will be eventually, but sometimes they keep the name under wraps while the murder investigation is ongoing. Like if they think a family member is the culprit, releasing the name could give that person a chance to run.

1709183302468.png
'The investigation into the death of Albert Matas is still ongoing. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Nevada State Police- Investigation Division at (775) 684-7456. (Nevada State Police)'

Where he was found is about equidistant between Las Vegas and Reno,
Your quote respectfully snipped by me. I don’t mean to split hairs and I think your points are excellent. I wanted to mention that Beatty is much closer to Las Vegas (about 100 miles) than Reno (over 300 miles) and that gaming is also legal in Beatty and Nye County. The drive to Reno is a long, lonely drive through nothing but tiny towns and desert. So if there is a gaming connection, it could be right there in Beatty, or, more likely, Vegas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back