GUILTY NV - O.J. Simpson charged in Las Vegas armed robbery, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you all see his eyes and see him searching around the court room behind him? All I can say is wow and it seems incarceration has done something to OJ...his eyes looked terrifying and scary to me. Like he was "off". Did any one else get creeped out like I did?

Seems the same as the murder trial (to me) -- trying to appear as a "wide eyed innocent." It does look creepier this time around.

Did you all see his eyes and see him searching around the court room behind him? All I can say is wow and it seems incarceration has done something to OJ...his eyes looked terrifying and scary to me. Like he was "off". Did any one else get creeped out like I did?
Still looks as arrogant as ever. Looks like a sociopath/psychopath/narcissist. Can't admit that he did anything wrong, just that he should be let off because he thought of an excuse to throw his lawyer under the bus. A lawyer who is highly competent and gave him a good defense.

live on HLN: Yale Galanter's former co-counsel is testifying by phone (didn't catch his name). enumerating items which were returned to Simpson

Prison has not been good to OJ. Love it!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

YG testified that OJ knew his posse had guns because OJ told them to bring guns, and two of them did: according to what OJ told YG the day after the event

I don't think YG is doing himself any favors with his attitude. I think it's very disrespectful to the Court.

27 November 2013 Last updated at 03:22 ET
US ex-sports star OJ Simpson has lost his bid for a retrial over his armed robbery and kidnapping conviction.
Simpson, who was jailed for up to 33 years for the September 2007 incident, argued for a new trial on the grounds his lawyer had botched his defence.
However, a judge ruled that "all grounds in the petition lack merit and, consequently, are denied". more at link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25117110

O.J. Simpson denied new trial on 2008 convictions

"We're obviously very disappointed in the judge's decision," said Osvaldo Fumo, one of Simpson's attorneys. "We plan to appeal the case."

Attorneys say the case is far from over: Simpson could appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court. If he loses that, he could petition the federal courts to argue that his constitutional right to effective counsel was violated.

In her 101-page decision, Bell said Simpson did not prove that he was denied a fair hearing during his trial.

"Mr. Simpson alleges that his attorney labored under an actual conflict, that he received ineffective assistance of counsel from both trial and appellate counsel, and that the state withheld exculpatory evidence," she wrote. "All grounds in the petition lack meter and, consequently, are denied."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oj-simpson-vegas-20131127,0,269019.story#axzz2lr9x1sIN

No sympathy. None.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Jul 20 2017, 9:19 am ET

O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing: Will the Nevada Board of Parole Grant His Freedom?

by Elizabeth Chuck

O.J. Simpson will make his case for freedom on Thursday — and many experts believe he has a good shot at winning it.

Simpson's fate rests in the hands of four members of the Nevada Board of Parole, who will hold a hearing starting at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET) in Carson City. Simpson will appear via video conference from two hours away at Lovelock Correctional Center, the isolated medium-security facility northeast of Reno that he has called home for nearly nine years, to answer commissioners' questions....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...earing-will-nevada-board-parole-grant-n784376

Jul 20 2017, 8:21 am ET

O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing: Christopher Darden Wants Him to ‘Admit Your Sins’

by Erik Ortiz

Hours before O.J. Simpson was set to learn his fate Thursday at a Nevada parole board hearing, former prosecutor Christopher Darden blasted the former football star's dubious past for why he shouldn't be released — and said granting his freedom now would be "unfortunate."

"I like the photographs of O.J. in handcuffs more than I like the photographs of O.J. with a golf club in his hands," Darden said on TODAY.

Darden — one of the Los Angeles County prosecutors who played a key role in Simpson's infamous murder trial 22 years ago — added that he can't be trusted because he's long been able to manipulate people, labeling Simpson a "narcissist." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ng-christopher-darden-wants-him-admit-n784731

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA