NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
question about the last pin on the map:

12/14/2009 -- 6:04 a.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 47 minutes ago
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord. Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

Does that mean the voicemail pinged the same location, or we don't know where the voicemain pinged?

Think swjaxon will have to answer that one.

question about the last pin on the map:

12/14/2009 -- 6:04 a.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 47 minutes ago
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord. Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

Does that mean the voicemail pinged the same location, or we don't know where the voicemain pinged?

There is no tower information in the voicemail call. However, this occurs for most calls in the document. I believe it only gives tower details when a new tower is being accessed. So I believe his voicemail call also pinged off the I-515/Russell tower.

Think swjaxon will have to answer that one.

Yup.

Doesn't it looks like there's some kind of time zone conversion going on? LL is in MST, SK's phone is in PST .... and the hits are exactly an hour apart, to the minute.

Sorry...I do have some information on the calls that would have occurred
after the noon sighting....

6:58 pm - UNKNOWN LOCATION! Cell tower named Whitney Ranch. Talking to Travis. Could be a text message due to the length of call (1 minute until next ping).

6:59 pm -UNKNOWN LOCATION! Hit off a tower called Henderson Store COW. COW towers are temp towers used to handle extra load. Unknown who he is talking to.

Two different towers in such a close time frame? The dude is traveling at other than walking speed, right? I'm guessing.

I'm one who keeps the phone turned off and if it's on it's because I forgot to turn it off. Hate having to charge the battery.

Earlier, a comment about not reading emails. I'm one of those too. I save many hundreds of them unread. I also mark some that I have read as unread, to remind me they need a response. :innocent:

I'm also one who will park down the street to get the exercise. As I get older, not so much, but still. It's not more than a block, because when people walk with you to your car and find out you do that they think you're weird if it's too far. So just a short jaunt.

• 12/13/2009 7:52 a.m. Pecos: NEW INFO -- Ping begins on Pecos -- Site name NVLVU0020 ends on a tower called Rocket -- Site name NVLVU0294

I found an AT&T tower named PECOS -- I'm not seeing that site name, but the ID is 10457 and FCC ID is 1023168. As per tower logic, it's nowhere near Pecos Blvd.

PECOS Details
Site ID: 10457 FCC ID: 1023168
5380 NOVAK
LAS VEGAS, NV 89115

MAP showing location in the middle of the huge wrecking yards north of Vegas.

This hit occurred while SK was talking to GW, with GW near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
The PECOS tower is just four miles south of the Speedway.

So I took the $100 mtg with TH to be their last contact. If there was a text or call why stress SA as the last "human" contact all this time? To me it would seem that the last contact from Steven was a text or call with TH. No one has said this till now...why?

That text or phone call is more important than the call with SA. If ATT had the voicemails still that are erased they'd have the text messages. Why wouldn't the family be as forthcoming with that information to reporters and at the press conference as they have been about the call from his "church" friends?
Doesn't make sense. All the sudden it's like the call with SA is not important....it's the call/text with TH.

Do we know how SK and TH met? Is the LL LDS? Where are you LL? We'd love some input.

Hi CC, info posted is that calls from TH and LL after he parked car were unanswered. Lots of your questions assumed he answered the call and talked and according to info he didn't. Rather than talking to either of them he was avoiding talking to them.

Also, jaxon posted 10 calls from LL over a two day period. Only the first two were Sunday evening, rest were Monday and Tuesday. They came to the house and stayed overnight on Monday night.

Really no question in my mind concerning TH and LL. Question is why SK was avoiding talking to them before he disappeared.

Sort of obvious to me, but I don't believe he was murdered and murderer was checking his voice mail.

rd

I've got to take a break from this thread, the "pings" are going to make my brain explode.

bbm

That seems very early for a LL to call. What would be so important you would call at that time?

They couldn't reach him, Ruby, were owed three months rent, other renter had moved out and they were trying to determine if he had left too.

Ultimately they came to the house Monday night and checked for themselves after getting no answer to numerous calls.

rd

They couldn't reach him, Ruby, were owed three months rent, other renter had moved out and they were trying to determine if he had left too.

Ultimately they came to the house Monday night and checked for themselves after getting no answer to numerous calls.

rd

According to the landlady, they stopped at the house because they were on their way home from somewhere else; they didn't make a special trip.

The peek into the room was in the morning (SL said it was likely on the 14th).

Hi CC, info posted is that calls from TH and LL after he parked car were unanswered. Lots of your questions assumed he answered the call and talked and according to info he didn't. Rather than talking to either of them he was avoiding talking to them.

Also, jaxon posted 10 calls from LL over a two day period. Only the first two were Sunday evening, rest were Monday and Tuesday. They came to the house and stayed overnight on Monday night.

Really no question in my mind concerning TH and LL. Question is why SK was avoiding talking to them before he disappeared.

Sort of obvious to me, but I don't believe he was murdered and murderer was checking his voice mail.

rd

So its just his phone receiving a text...not him sending one? If that's the case....my hysteria over the new info is for not. However, if it's him sending a response or calling voicemail from his phone....I think that changes things.

So its just his phone receiving a text...not him sending one? If that's the case....my hysteria over the new info is for not. However, if it's him sending a response or calling voicemail from his phone....I think that changes things.

The call to VM at 6:04am PST on Dec 14th is the last time the phone was used. The new info doesn't change that; it just gives us stuff to chew on.

WHY so many calls from the LL?

Employer, I can sorta understand. But LL? It had already been established that Steven would catch up on all rent due soon. What more was there to discuss?

That's what I'm leaning towards.
It looks like he turned it off two hours before the car was parked.

Was he driving around, looking for a place to hide the car?
Possible.
Was he told to turn the phone off, while following directions to an address?
Possible.

I see one other possibility: the phone was silent, because everyone else he knew is LDS and they wouldn't be calling during "church time" on Sunday. They'd also believe HE was in church. If there's no activity, there's no tower hit for an incoming/outgoing call.

Did he have a car charger? If he did turn his phone off it might have been to save battery since he thought he'd be there for a while.

My phone battery drains quite a bit when traveling. Without a charger it only lasts 6 hours when on the go. That vs. 2 days in around town.

Steve liked roadtrips and perhaps knew to conserve his mobile's battery by turning it off on the road. Could that be why there wasn't pings on his way to Vegas?

Did he have a car charger? If he did turn his phone off it might have been to save battery since he thought he'd be there for a while.

My phone battery drains quite a bit when traveling. Without a charger it only lasts 6 hours when on the go. That vs. 2 days in around town.

Steve liked roadtrips and perhaps knew to conserve his mobile's battery by turning it off on the road. Could that be why there wasn't pings on his way to Vegas?

IIRC, he did not have a car charger and his regular charger was at home. But I can see him turning his phone off to conserve the battery.

Well considering it might not have even been him carrying the phone...not so good. That and his phone was a piece of junk.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around his murderer taking his phone and checking his voice mail. Unless there was an expected call from someone who was involved. IDK - just doesn't make any sense to me.

Let's say Steven met his "killer" at noon on Sunday. That person could have taken and kept his phone from then on. WHY would he/she have to check the VM the NEXT day? He/she could have answered incoming calls personally anytime from Sunday noon on...

You're asking the wrong people why the killer would want to check his VM. If I was a killer I wouldn't want to know who was calling him. I just had a thought. Maybe the killer was checking the VM in case Steven told someone where he was going, and that might implicate the killer. Why else check VM.

The Missing/Located forum is 1/2 full of Deceased victims.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around his murderer taking his phone and checking his voice mail. Unless there was an expected call from someone who was involved. IDK - just doesn't make any sense to me.

Let's say Steven met his "killer" at noon on Sunday. That person could have taken and kept his phone from then on. WHY would he/she have to check the VM the NEXT day? He/she could have answered incoming calls personally anytime from Sunday noon on...

Has it been ruled out that there was a shutoff of cellphone anticipated by SK due to missed payment, overage on minutes, etc.? It is unusual for anyone to care enough about voice mails to check for them (at least once or twice after not answering the phone, then checking voice mail immediately, correct?), but not enough to recharge the phone. Anyone who had access to SK would have access to his car and apartment.

It would also be almost unheard of to lure someone to a location linked to you, then not move their car away from that location after murdering them. We've talked about an empty rental, etc., but person would have to know about it yet not be linked to it. That's a real tightrope to walk in trying to figure out how a murderer did this.

rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member