NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you hoppyfrog. Perhaps we can get back to Steven now.

Just heard a few minutes ago on the local news that a body has been found in a wash at Patrick Lane and Green Valley Parkway. JUST found, so no details at all yet.

You got it RR!

You can see the wash right there, between homes and businesses.

I'm checking with our newsman right now; if he's on duty, he might be able to get us some details.

ETA: Newsman says nothing yet released. I'll update right below, if info comes in.

1 -- I added the location to swjaxon's phone pings map; if it worked, you'll see a GREEN B POINTER. (Sorry -- didn't work, but if you look closely for the dirt-colored area, you'll see Patrick curve into Green Valley Parkway, almost in the center of the pings.)

2 -- Just heard: one officer and one coroner's investigator. Not a lot of activity at the scene.

ETA: Newsman says nothing yet released. I'll update right below, if info comes in.

I just saw on local news (channel 13 at 6:30pm) that "it appears to have been a homeless person who died of natural causes." They don't have this information updated on their website yet, though. I'll keep checking this newscast and the local news sites to see if they are able to release any further information.

I just saw on local news (channel 13 at 6:30pm) that "it appears to have been a homeless person who died of natural causes." They don't have this information updated on their website yet, though. I'll keep checking this newscast and the local news sites to see if they are able to release any further information.

Thanks -- that's what I'm hearing, too.

That means we still have hope for Steven.

I do not believe this person is Steven. But let's not forget, it hasn't been but a smidge more than a week that his family and friends were here checking the homeless shelters and the bus routes searching for him....

I do not believe this person is Steven. But let's not forget, it hasn't been but a smidge more than a week that his family and friends were here checking the homeless shelters and the bus routes searching for him....

Yeah, I thought of that, too .... but I don't think that Alive Steven is in Vegas.

Yeah, I thought of that, too .... but I don't think that Alive Steven is in Vegas.

I know you don't, but I do! ;)

I hope he's by a swimming pool with a frosty drink living it up right now!

Local news is now reporting the body found is a male. Nothing more.

Doh! :banghead:

I KNOW the heat is creating difficulties with me - but I am not LE/ME in charge of identifying victims of death.

I cannot send out enough thanks to those in LE/ME for all of the work they do to protect us. I can't imagine how difficult it is to work outdoors in 110+ heat to retrieve a body from a wash. God Bless them all.

Doh! :banghead:

I KNOW the heat is creating difficulties with me - but I am not LE/ME in charge of identifying victims of death.

Maybe it was partially decomposed or too skeletonized to get a good idea without further testing...especially if the pelvic bone had washed away. Now days it could be a transgender too.:waitasec:

I lost a male pet once and checked the pound. They told me they only had a female. For some reason I just felt it was him, so I insisted they bring "her" out. Yep, sure enough it was him. I was never so pizzed at some one's ineptness before. I kindly showed them his business and said "boy". Thank God for that gut feeling.

I don't know whether this is Steven or not -- but that's the approximate area where I thought he might have run into an accident while taking a head-clearing walk.

The one thing about washes in Las Vegas, all of them head East. When we flood, the water goes East. So looking at the wash from up in Anthem and another, they seem to head towards each other. The news has no idea right now if it is a female or male, because I just read it was male and then you read female.

The one thing about washes in Las Vegas, all of them head East. When we flood, the water goes East. So looking at the wash from up in Anthem and another, they seem to head towards each other. The news has no idea right now if it is a female or male, because I just read it was male and then you read female.

I'm not even seeing many reports on it, and Google news hasn't even picked it up. One report dated today says "female"...but they're all so iffy.

When it says "body", and there's been on rain to wash remains down from higher ground....doesn't that infer that the remains haven't been there very long? (I can't remember you having rain for quite awhile.) That wash also looks like it would be pretty visible from many points, unless the remains were under a bridge.

I swear, once the word "homeless" is interjected into a story about human remains being found...it's like the person is somehow lesser, and doesn't deserve as much investigation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510