NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
SK's laptop was pulled in a search warrant and investigated by LE.

One Las Vegas journalist had access to his online email account (the only known account), and looked all through it. Saw nothing suspicious or that would lead to anyone.

I think, if SK was communicating with anyone via computer, it would have been through the Washington County Library System -- and I HIGHLY doubt that his usage there was checked. (It should have been available, because one has to log in to their computers with their library card's account number -- which would automatically tag his history.)

He didn't have an internet connection at the house.

I said this early on. LE would be interested in a crime only. if he was chatting with people (translate men) if it had nothing to do with Henderson LE would not care and that was not made public by the family.

SK's laptop was pulled in a search warrant and investigated by LE.

One Las Vegas journalist had access to his online email account (the only known account), and looked all through it. Saw nothing suspicious or that would lead to anyone.

I think, if SK was communicating with anyone via computer, it would have been through the Washington County Library System -- and I HIGHLY doubt that his usage there was checked. (It should have been available, because one has to log in to their computers with their library card's account number -- which would automatically tag his history.)

He didn't have an internet connection at the house.

A HUGE stone left unturned in Steven's case.

There is no "squeaky wheel." If it were my son gone missing, there would have been several search warrants served and all-night interrogations conducted LONG ago. No time to be PC.

All theories are personal opinions at this time....unless someone has the proof to show us any different.

I have some personal opinions and they have changed several times in this case. Its one tough nut to crack....

All theories are personal opinions at this time....unless someone has the proof to show us any different.

I have some personal opinions and they have changed several times in this case. Its one tough nut to crack....

its late...Im up for anything what you got?????

Well, only gut feelings really...probably like everyone else.

Two choices: Walk-away or foul play.

No to suicide, No to accident.

There are some great slueths here...show me your stuff...

LOL....I could, but I'd have to hunt you down and shoot ya. (Obviously, just kidding)

The last video shows Steven walking in a determined fashion. He knew where he was headed. He had a folder or portfolio. Meeting? Resume? Medical records? Not so sure. He knew where he was headed and he parked away from that location for one of two reasons: 1) To be undetected....2) To be convenient. Why convenient? Because it was easier to park and walk or because someone requested he do so.
Why the desire to be undetected? One or more of these: a) Romantic/sexual encounter b) Did not want to draw attention to himself or his destination in a restricted neighborhood c) Illegal activity

If Steven was a walk-away, he had a plan. It involved others...and no one is talking. More on that later....

A HUGE stone left unturned in Steven's case.

There is no "squeaky wheel." If it were my son gone missing, there would have been several search warrants served and all-night interrogations conducted LONG ago. No time to be PC.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the police are bound by rules of procedure guaranteed by the Constitution. Adults have the right to walk away, and people, everybody, is presumed innocent until there's evidence of guilt. Nobody has to prove they weren't involved; police have to have reason to think somebody WAS involved. They can't just go shaking down people who we think might not have come clean.

Well, only gut feelings really...probably like everyone else.

Two choices: Walk-away or foul play.

No to suicide, No to accident.

See, my view is almost the opposite. I think the odds of foul play are very small and the odds of suicide very large. Which is why the concern about bones -- that's how I think we're going to find him. :(

I would much rather the Susan Powell theory was true. I like that one and they'd both be getting the happiness they deserve.

See, my view is almost the opposite. I think the odds of foul play are very small and the odds of suicide very large. Which is why the concern about bones -- that's how I think we're going to find him. :(

I would much rather the Susan Powell theory was true. I like that one and they'd both be getting the happiness they deserve.

I respect that position....but to me, suicide seems very unlikely. Steven was a very religious person and one who valued the standards of his denomination. In this light, I find suicide highly unlikely.

Then again, anything is possible, as we all agree.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the police are bound by rules of procedure guaranteed by the Constitution. Adults have the right to walk away, and people, everybody, is presumed innocent until there's evidence of guilt. Nobody has to prove they weren't involved; police have to have reason to think somebody WAS involved. They can't just go shaking down people who we think might not have come clean.

There is that thing called hold back information...I call them wild cards.

The business that I work in, we do background checks on people for employment purposes and I suppose I could do that on Mr. Koecher. Some of the background checks that we do will tell us if a person has stayed in a motel or hotel in the past 90 days. That's how concise the software we use can be.

Obviously if Mr. Koecher is living under an assumed name, then I am not sure how much it would help, but it might be worth considering.

Kelly

I was curious about the name of this kind of software-I am not finding any information regarding it's equivilent on the WWW :waitasec:

I respect that position....but to me, suicide seems very unlikely. Steven was a very religious person and one who valued the standards of his denomination. In this light, I find suicide highly unlikely.

Then again, anything is possible, as we all agree.

"Utah leads the nation in suicides among men aged 15 to 24."
Source: LDS-owned newspaper The Deseret News, April 24, 2006.

LDS people commit suicide. In fact, no matter where I've lived in Utah, I can point to a neighboring home where a young male neighbor committed suicide. Even growing up, I thought it odd that it was always young men; and, they were always LDS.

Also from that article: "Utah also has the 11th highest suicide rate — 14.3 deaths per 100,000 people — in the nation over all age groups, according to the most recent data from the American Association of Suicidology."

With approximately 50% of the population being LDS, those suicides can't all be gentiles.

See also:
Affirmation.org, partial list of identified suicides among gay and lesbian Mormons, compiled after the Deseret News article - but hasn't been maintained.

"Utah leads the nation in suicides among men aged 15 to 24."
Source: LDS-owned newspaper The Deseret News, April 24, 2006.

LDS people commit suicide. In fact, no matter where I've lived in Utah, I can point to a neighboring home where a young male neighbor committed suicide. Even growing up, I thought it odd that it was always young men; and, they were always LDS.

Also from that article: "Utah also has the 11th highest suicide rate — 14.3 deaths per 100,000 people — in the nation over all age groups, according to the most recent data from the American Association of Suicidology."

With approximately 50% of the population being LDS, those suicides can't all be gentiles.

See also:
Affirmation.org, partial list of identified suicides among gay and lesbian Mormons, compiled after the Deseret News article - but hasn't been maintained.

That's a great statistic. I wonder if you could find how many of these suicides were young men that went away to carry out the deed. How many left no suicide notes?

I have been in the ministry my entire life (daughter of a pastor, wife of a pastor). I do know that "religious" (for lack of a better term) people commit suicide. But among those who are devout? None. Just an observation and I have no stats but I will try to look some up. Of course, I am not LDS so I can't speak with any authority on that.

That's a great statistic. I wonder if you could find how many of these suicides were young men that went away to carry out the deed. How many left no suicide notes?

I have been in the ministry my entire life (daughter of a pastor, wife of a pastor). I do know that "religious" (for lack of a better term) people commit suicide. But among those who are devout? None. Just an observation and I have no stats but I will try to look some up. Of course, I am not LDS so I can't speak with any authority on that.

What distinction are you making between "religious" and "devout"?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon