NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy1 - Good job on the FAQ's! Thanks so much for doing that.

I'm still here every day - usually twice a day - to check for any updates. I'll be praying for an Easter miracle.

Good to "see" you cats!

It was laytonian's idea - I just typed it up. Still praying for a miracle here too.

Somehow, there's a misunderstanding.
The children who were locked out of the house, were not near a library nor any other St George building.
It was a medium-sized subdivision of newer stucco homes, exactly where you'd expect someone to be handing out window washing flyers.

maybe so...all I am asking for is information to plot on a map...what is the harm in that? Just like you Im trying to find answers...

I would look anywhere there are big windows, residentual or commercial the more glass the better, thats who I think he would be targeting for sales...sounds just like SCA newer med sized stucco homes.

maybe so...all I am asking for is information to plot on a map...what is the harm in that? Just like you Im trying to find answers...

Even plotting the cross streets could lead to an identification; look what happened to people on Evening Lights.

How could we test the commune/missionary theory? His passport was eventually found amongst his belongings, so he probably did not make it abroad. I wonder how we could test the theory that he is in hiding in one of these domestic, off-the-grid camps?

If the camp is known, it's not off-the-grid. ;)

Seriously, knowing the LDS culture as I do (I'm among them, not one of them) ... I can't see Steven moving into anything counterculture and staying away for so long.

The LDS don't have communes and all missionary work is done through a very structured church process. One doesn't go off on his own to do missionary work, because the purpose is to baptise people in the religion - and that's a formal temple ceremony.

Even plotting the cross streets could lead to an identification; look what happened to people on Evening Lights.

I realize that...but you can't blame a guy for trying. We all have bits and pieces that we hold back for different reasons. I have Evening lights plotted on the map, didnt go the hood(Im 3000 miles away) but its there in MSM and it has been worked over pretty good. This Item is MSM so why not take as much time to look it over?

I realize that...but you can't blame a guy for trying. We all have bits and pieces that we hold back for different reasons. I have Evening lights plotted on the map, didnt go the hood(Im 3000 miles away) but its there in MSM and it has been worked over pretty good. This Item is MSM so why not take as much time to look it over?

That he helped the children is MSM. Where it happened is not. There is a difference.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that family had anything at all to do with Steven's disappearance. He didn't go missing in that neighborhood. The story spoke to how good a person Steven is; nothing more.

We dont sleuth people who are not material to a missing person's investigation. We dont do it because it is a TOS violation.

Just imagine how these people would feel if they found themselves being picked apart here on the www because their daughters, their children, had an encounter with a good Samaritan who went missing?

We need to get this thread back on track and not spinning off into space-JMVHO folks. We know this is about Steven.

Agreed Lato! Fairy1 thank you so much for giving us a "cheat sheet" !!!

Warning...

Reposting what believe said...

We dont sleuth people who are not material to a missing person's investigation. We dont do it because it is a TOS violation.

Just imagine how these people would feel if they found themselves being picked apart here on the www because their daughters, their children, had an encounter with a good Samaritan who went missing?

We need to get this thread back on track and not spinning off into space-JMVHO folks. We know this is about Steven.

Ima

I've taken the liberty to add a few more FAQs, including one "biggie".

Anyone else have ideas, let us have them.

Many of the FAQs are actually right in the timeline (like the white SUV and GW's movements)....but putting it all in one place is probably easier for people.

I think it is particularly helpful to those who recently became interested - perhaps after seeing the documentary. I came in around thread #3 and
found a huge amount of information already out there. Can you imagine
coming in on thread #20..!

Thanks to both you and Fairy1.....and to everyone who has stayed here and
helped with this site.

As someone who went through a rough patch in his early 20s, I can say the last thing I would have accepted was help from my parents.

There was so much shame involved in being unable to care for myself especially after how my parents did so well caring for me, paying for school and dealing with my rebellious nature as a teenager. Waiting in line with homeless and addicts for over an hour at the soup kitchen for some barely edible stew was less painful than getting money from the old folks.

My parents lived further away than Steven's so communication was intermittent but looking back, I think that any gesture to help from them may well have pushed me further away, make me want to hide away.

This is so very true. I was in a situation where I went crawling back to my family -- you know the old saying, "Home is where, when you have to go back, they have to take you"? Like that. Sometimes being closer, either physically or emotionally, makes it even harder.

This is so very true. I was in a situation where I went crawling back to my family -- you know the old saying, "Home is where, when you have to go back, they have to take you"? Like that. Sometimes being closer, either physically or emotionally, makes it even harder.

I have always felt Steven moved from northern Utah to southern Utah in an effort to become more independent. It's understandable, at his age. I never really believed he moved because he had something to hide. However, he did seem to be struggling following the move, which I assume was the exact opposite of what he set out to do.

The question is, to what lengths would he have gone to avoid going back home or asking his family for help?

I have always felt Steven moved from northern Utah to southern Utah in an effort to become more independent. It's understandable, at his age. I never really believed he moved because he had something to hide. However, he did seem to be struggling following the move, which I assume was the exact opposite of what he set out to do.

The question is, to what lengths would he have gone to avoid going back home or asking his family for help?

I think he MAY have entered into some sketchy (not felonious, maybe just "iffy") situations, to hide how deeply in debt he was, from his family. That seemed to work, until the landlord called his parents.

I think he MAY have entered into some sketchy (not felonious, maybe just "iffy") situations, to hide how deeply in debt he was, from his family. That seemed to work, until the landlord called his parents.

I agree. And I think he may possibly have bitten off more than he could chew, so to speak. If this is the case, there still has to have been a point of origin and I'm thinking that was St. George.

I agree with you guys-I think the point of origin was St George, and I think he moved to be more independent. AND, lol, I agree that accepting help from parents can be worse than struggling. Especially at that age.

There's a huge fraud case involving a fellow from St. George right now, tied to his many, many Internet-based businesses. Jeremy Johnson. His name came up again last week when the heads of three Internet poker businesses were arrested, along with a number of bankers (including one from St. George). And he does have ties to Vegas, though I've not found any real property records. According to this article, he had 60 businesses engaging in questionable (fraudulent ?) practices. Read more here:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...y-Johnson-in-alleged-Internet-fraud-case.html

When I first heard of it, I was intrigued - due to Steven's job experience. But with so many entities involved, it would be a full-time job to try and find any kind of connection!

Food for thought?

There's a huge fraud case involving a fellow from St. George right now, tied to his many, many Internet-based businesses. Jeremy Johnson. His name came up again last week when the heads of three Internet poker businesses were arrested, along with a number of bankers (including one from St. George). And he does have ties to Vegas, though I've not found any real property records. According to this article, he had 60 businesses engaging in questionable (fraudulent ?) practices. Read more here:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...y-Johnson-in-alleged-Internet-fraud-case.html

When I first heard of it, I was intrigued - due to Steven's job experience. But with so many entities involved, it would be a full-time job to try and find any kind of connection!

Food for thought?

There wasn't a lot of employees. Just about five people, all known, who set up the LLCs, website, and worked with the shifty banker to funnel the illegal online gambling funds through credit card entities.

If he was defrauded, it wouldn't be hard. I know where to find the list of Johnson's shell companies. I've gone through it, a couple of times. There's about 78.

All we'd need to know is if he ever filed a credit card fraud complaint, and then see if the name of the company appears on the list.

As for working for him: I think we'd already know. Until just the past few months, it was quite the feather in one's cap, to be connected to "philanthropist Jeremy Johnson".

There wasn't a lot of employees. Just about five people, all known, who set up the LLCs, website, and worked with the shifty banker to funnel the illegal online gambling funds through credit card entities.

If he was defrauded, it wouldn't be hard. I know where to find the list of Johnson's shell companies. I've gone through it, a couple of times. There's about 78.

All we'd need to know is if he ever filed a credit card fraud complaint, and then see if the name of the company appears on the list.

As for working for him: I think we'd already know. Until just the past few months, it was quite the feather in one's cap, to be connected to "philanthropist Jeremy Johnson".

I was thinking he would have been employed. That said, Johnson is obviously a swindler, so it's not a stretch to think he may have been paying people (or offering to) under the table.

In any case, there may be no direct link to Steven, but perhaps to someone he knew. Johnson did manage to remain an "upstanding" and revered member of the community and the church, and even now appears to have plenty of supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500