NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that the husband of the couple that Steve rented from in St.George said that he found Steve to seem younger than his actual age. Also, they said that Steven was 2 months behind on his rent, and had told his parents that everything was fine with him. So, he did keep some things from them. Must have hurt his pride to accept money from them ?

He accepted it, but did not use it. He may have just let his mom give him money so she would not worry...never intending to use it.

Do we know why is grandma gave him money? Was it normal for her to write a check? If his parents didn't know he was having money problems, why would his grandma?

According to the Nevada DMV, anyone who is looking to get a Nevada Driver's license MUST produce their birth certificate, and/or passport. Maybe Steven was looking to move to Vegas ? More chance of getting a job close to his skill sets there ?
If that is so, he was likely looking for a room to rent, in fact, he could get Nevada residency by having the person who rented the room write a letter stating that they had done so. He would just need to get it notarized, and take it to the DMV with him.
Has anyone ever seen those hinky ads on craigslist ? Example : free room and board for " help around the house " or : will rent a room in my home for reduced or no rent. No strings attached " (!) So, I'm thinking that might be what took Steven to the Anthem over 55 community that Sunday.

I have a list of properties for rent in Anthem from a local realtor. As of yesterday, she did not have anything close to that area...within "walking' distance. She is going to print off rentals as of December 1st today and see if there were any that have been removed from the MLS that were CLOSER to Evening.

dizzylou~ is that the correct link? Im not seeing a connection. Thanks

He accepted it, but did not use it. He may have just let his mom give him money so she would not worry...never intending to use it.

Do we know why is grandma gave him money? Was it normal for her to write a check? If his parents didn't know he was having money problems, why would his grandma?

Maybe because his birthday was coming up (Nov 1st), and she wasn't sure if she'd see him before then?
We don't know what date, between 2 July and 5 Sep, they actually had contact...but it was given to him sometime in that period, when he, his mother and grandmother were at the Shakespearean Fest in Cedar City (per the timeline).

On the previous thread, you said:

"DH had not contacted Steven's parents before, he listed them as contact persons on the rental application. I am sure that is why Steve was irritated when she brought it up. DH didn't call her (specifically, she is the one who answered, DH would have talked to either parent) until Steve was two months behind and they had no idea he was having a hard time paying bills. He had been telling them everything was fine. DH had mentioned to me that Steven seemed quite a bit younger than he really was."

I know you previously said that your DH was calling SK between Dec 10-14th, with no response.

Do you know the date your DH called his parents' phone number?

4BB and Laytonian...this was a profile with info on a Steven K that had what sounded like his info on it....you've probably seen it. Just making sure. Don't know about the Portugal link though....

For Steven's family:

Bringing over my posts from first thread:
post 702
from Las Vegas Police Dept., Missing Person Unit

http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/missing...ns_adults.html
Missing Person Unit, LVPD
'snip'

You may want to consider the use of posters to aid in the search. If you have posters made up, contact the detective assigned to your case. The department has a list of shelters and other agencies that will assist in distributing the posters.

What can I do....? Family can do these things:

You have several alternatives:
1. Social Security Administration Office
600 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas Nevada 89101
If you have a Social Security Number for the person you are looking for, you may write a letter to the missing person, put it in an envelope with his or her name on it. Write another letter to the Social Security Administration Office explaining that you are looking for this person. Be sure to include the Social Security Number of the missing person in this letter. Place both letters in an envelope to the Social Security Administration Office and ask that the enclosed letter be forwarded to the person's last known address.

2. Another option would be to contact the Salvation Army, which has a Missing Persons Locator Program
http://wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=1854687
'snip'

Annie Wilson, homeless liaison for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, said officers usually only go into the tunnels when they are called or if they are doing homeless outreach.

If you read this article, I do not think Steven is living in the tunnels. IMO
=====
Homeless shelter directory: Las Vegas.

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory....Vegas&state=NV
I do not know how accurate this is.

Fairy ~ wow that is a coincidence. I cannot find much on Donna Helms. A friend or 2 on her facebook profile (that is private) lists a couple of connections to wards in the area...so possible LDS??
I am not familiar with anything in Nevada or surrounding areas as I am on the east coast. So excellent connection Fairy!

Also Steven never cashed Grandmas check. Did she write the date in her bank ledger possibly?

Fairy ~ wow that is a coincidence. I cannot find much on Donna Helms. A friend or 2 on her facebook profile (that is private) lists a couple of connections to wards in the area...so possible LDS??
I am not familiar with anything in Nevada or surrounding areas as I am on the east coast. So excellent connection Fairy!

Also Steven never cashed Grandmas check. Did she write the date in her bank ledger possibly?

Time for a thread for Donna Helms also.

Do you know the date your DH called his parents' phone number?

I just talked to DH again. He feels horrible about the whole thing and said he feels guilty like maybe somehow it is his fault if it ends up that Steve left because of the bill situation. When I made the post in the last thread I was remembering a different convo DH had talked about having with Steve's mom.

DH had been calling Steve and Steve had been answering his calls for months then around the very end of Nov Steve stopped answering his calls. In the first week of Dec Steve was now three months behind on rent and wasn't answering his phone anymore so that is when DH called Steve's parents home phone. No one answered so DH left a message that he was Steven's landloard and now Steven was three months behind and not answering his phone & he wondered if they knew what was going on. (like he was wonering if Steve was planning to move or something and hadn't told DH) That message was left between Dec 1st and 5th when his rent was due again.

Before DH talked to either parent Steve's dad called Steve to see what was up and what the message from his landloard was about. Steve's dad told DH that when he called Steve he was shopping and he ask how things were going and Steve said fine. DH said his dad ask him about money and Steve said everything was fine. Then dad told him that the landloard had left them a message that Steve was three months behind. Steve was upset and said he wasn't THREE months behind. His dad said, well how much do you owe then? Steve replied it was about one thousand. His dad said, that sounds like about three months. His dad then said he heard Steve say something like, oh dad... as he took the phone away from his ear and hung up on him.

I don't know if that helps at all but that call from Steve's dad to Steve was the day after they got the message. All within the first week of Dec.

I just talked to DH again. He feels horrible about the whole thing and said he feels guilty like maybe somehow it is his fault if it ends up that Steve left because of the bill situation.

You and your DH had a business relationship with Steven, and there's nothing wrong with asking a 30-year-old to respect that relationship. There's also nothing wrong with calling the reference listed on the lease. That's why they are there.

No need to feel guilt.

4BB and Laytonian...this was a profile with info on a Steven K that had what sounded like his info on it....you've probably seen it. Just making sure. Don't know about the Portugal link though....

I guess I didn't explain very well.
The link you posted looked like the one we're familiar with:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-koecher/16/9a9/16
BUT...when I clicked on it, it took me to this page:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nuno-sousa-monte/16/9a9/16
Nuno Sousa Monte
Director at Megadata Computações

I figured out the problem, though. Steven's link is here:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-koecher/16/9a9/164

Somehow, when you posted, the "4" on the end got cut off.

Thanks and stick around!

still, don't feel bad unless you and DH buried Steve in the backyard.

My landlord calls himself a capitalist with a heart-he is trying to make money off his properties, but he will work with you to make it work for you....

Thank you, Laytonian for the help and guidance! I'll be around learning how to help the missing from all of you....thanks all!

Time for a thread for Donna Helms also.

6555 Boulder Hwy.

That address! Siena Suites motel. My husband and I stayed there, on April 30th and May 1st, 1995. It wasn't too bad then...I don't know about now.

Isn't the "Boulder Strip" THE area for lost souls....and isn't that homeless camp that Fairy1 talks about, in there somewhere?

CONCERNED CTZN,
I'm thinking that because S. was short of money, he might not have contacted a realtor. He would probably be looking to rent a furnished room in someone's house -- like the place where he had been living in St. George.
Someone he met could have offered him a room in their house.Or, he could have picked up a free paper in Vegas, like the City Life paper, which has a lot of rentals in it. Or, if he prefered, he could have looked at The Edge classifieds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member