NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webrocket,
If Steven is gay, do you reckon it's likely that he would socialize in Vegas ? But, I can't quite see him leaving town with a gay lover. He is, quite honestly not that young, totally broke, and seemingly has a very hard time supporting himself. Which would mean that his lover would be financially supporting him, and for how long in the future ? Doesn't make much sense. But, I do feel anything at all is possible in this situation. JMO

Assuming he ran off with a guy, I assume he would have had some means to support Steven. How long into the future is anyone's guess. Hence the passport may have been for future possible use.

Youth is all relative. He was certainly no 18 year old but to someone considerably older, Steven seems like a nice clean cut guy who was not a product of a club or drug scene.

Carbuff,
I agree with you ; that person in those videos looks to be athletic to me.The way his center of gravity is pushed forward. His gait makes him look strong and agile. I don't think SK played any sports although he might have ? And he also looks like he knows this area quite well ... If Steven disappeared of his own free will, I think Webrocket's theory makes the most sense. It speaks of a "secret life ", and it would make sense that Steven had been planning on leaving for a while. I wonder if he was close to the sister that he spoke to on the phone ? Would he have confided in her at all ? I mostly think his behavior just before he left was due to depression, and just feeling overwhelmed by his situation. What a mystery....

One last thing : Since we are told SK attended many family functions, I wonder if any of the functions were videotaped ? Would be fascinating to compare a recent video of SK with thie ones from Anthem....

Hi Yeahitsanna,

Do you know if this exchange took place at the church dinner on 12/7? (If I am recalling dinner date correctly)

If so, doesn't it seem odd that 2 days later Steven is telling AN's parents that he may be heading to Sacramento for work (something along that line) and make no mention of this work endeavor?

12/9:
He mentioned going to Sacramento, but not in connection to work. There's no family members or closer friends in that area, either. Naegle attributed it to "small talk". He was at the Ruby Valley home for two hours, and all we know is that he found out Annemarie wasn't there...and that he mentioned "Sacramento".

I am sure the voice the St. George LDS guys heard that Sunday morning was in fact Steven who said he was in Vegas.

I find it beyond a stretch for someone to find a body double just to park the car.

I don't see a body double; I see someone thinner than the Steven we see in the pictures taken at the Dec 7th church dinner (less than a week before).
We can't see a face, height, weight. We see a male figure walking along, carrying something. About two hours after Steven told people he was "in Vegas".

While I believe it's likely Steven in the video, I don't think we can be any more certain of that, than anything else in this case (which is essentially second-hand information).

webrocket,
But surely he must have had some money when he moved to St.George ? We never hear anything about that time at all. I'm guessing that he had a savings account from when he worked at the paper. If he was "coming out" he would probably have been into socializing quite a bit. Don't you think ? And of course he wouldn't need money to go to house parties. Very possible that LE might not have canvassed the gay community in Vegas. The fact that family and friends say he isn't gay would probably make LE not follow this important lead. Have you contacted any of the gay groups or clubs in Vegas ? Couldn't hurt IMHO

We know that when he first moved to St George, he was still working for Matchbin...and that they let him go in May.

As far as "gay groups" in Vegas: yes, the word has been spread into that area.

the ONLY random thing i can think that would get him down to henderson would be this. He asked his friend from church to put some of his business cards up at her work. maybe someone took a card and called him? long shot yes, but i dunno what kind of business she ran and if someone took one in december during the holidays, it not that far from st george. someone coulda been visiting for the holidays.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!
I found where she works.
"Steve asked me if he could give me some of his business cards to display at my work because he and his employer were trying to start cleaning blinds as well as washing windows. (I work at a design center where we sell blinds.)"

Yes, SS works at a place that sells blinds. The place Steven worked for, advertises "ultrasonic" to clean window blinds. Nothing like that's been mentioned as having been found in his car....and his boss says he wasn't in Henderson for work.

Should a new thread be started since this one is at page 26?

Yeah - probably - believe09 usually starts the new threads - but I'm not really sure how that works

I will ask hoppy to shut down this one folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname