NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
SK could easily have received the health care he needed in St. George.

The link below mentions the free clinic started by
his friend Dr. PD. This same physician has seen Steven socially according to our timeline.
http://www.entnet.org/Community/Goldstein-Award.cfm

The link is the Doctor's Volunteer Clinic with the kinds of services and the times available.
http://www.doctorsvolunteerclinic.org/

Good info. Actually, Paul Doxey was more than a social friend; he was a member of Steven's ward Bishopric.

Why were drug dogs called in, to sniff Steven's car?

What kinds of drugs would they have been able to detect?

Why bring in drug dogs, yet never fingerprint or otherwise process the car?

Or...when/where were those drug dogs? Henderson? St George? Bountiful?

So if Steven was taking medication that his family did not know about, his family may be able to have him re-classified as Endangered Missing. IIRC what comes with the reclassification is a VICAP done by the FBI, so Steven would instantly be in the FBI Databases. VICAPS can generate automatic alerts to law enforcement agencies thoughout the country, say if they had entered statistics on someone who might match Steven but had no criminal history and could not be ID'd with prints.....

Already working on this....

Why were drug dogs called in, to sniff Steven's car?

What kinds of drugs would they have been able to detect?

Why bring in drug dogs, yet never fingerprint or otherwise process the car?

Or...when/where were those drug dogs? Henderson? St George? Bountiful?

Good question. Perhaps in the absence of drugs, they didn't feel further processing was necessary?

It's interesting, though, that they did the drug search, under the circumstances.

Hey Everyone,
It's been a while since I've actually posted here, but I do have some things to say. First, thanks for your continued interest! This has been a long two, almost three, months and it's so nice to have people who still care.

Thanks to Fasteddy and Fairy for coming to the press conference. I did read a bit of eddy's recap and I wanted to comment on it a bit. He said that we as a family were happy and laughing before the conference. It's true and I've been trying to describe that dynamic to you all. We all love each other and love spending time together. Don't get the wrong impression, we don't forget about Steven for a moment, but you can only cry for so long. It's healing for us to be together. Another factor is our faith. We're an LDS family and we believe that no matter what, we will see Steven again, either in this life or the next. We also know that our Heavenly Father is caring for Steven no matter where he is. Everything is still very painful, but our faith makes it endurable.

Now for what you really came for. I spoke to GW. He answered all my questions so here they are. He went to Las Vegas on the 11th and spent the weekend with friends in the Vegas area. He headed home on Sunday(13th) morning. He called Steven because he wasn't going to be in St George in time for the planning meeting and wanted to see if he could cover. He called when he was on I-15 passing the raceway in Vegas. He continued home and made it to the normal church meetings at noon.
I also asked him about what the ward has done since Steven disappeared. He said that every week some of them take more flyers and post them around St George and in some of the LDS ward houses. I think what they are doing is perfect. They aren't creating sensational stories to get on the news and I thank them for that. We don't want a media circus because that just promotes rumors and speculation. Speculation belongs here, not in the press.

That being said STOP emailing GW. He isn't hiding. He's just trying to do the right thing by not spreading rumors. If you have more questions post them here, Laytonian will get them to me and I'll ask GW. That may be a long chain, but i'm putting my foot down. This is how it's going to work.

Also, I've been emailing gsmith and I've read his posts here. He has a very accurate description of Steven. He's described some of Steven's mannerisms I've never been able to put in to words. This is me vetting him.

I'll end where I started. THANK YOU! I know how hard you are all working. If you need more from me or have ideas on how I can help more post here and Laytonian will get them to me.

Good question. Perhaps in the absence of drugs, they didn't feel further processing was necessary?

It's interesting, though, that they did the drug search, under the circumstances.

Yeah. We don't know (and probably never will, unless LE tells us directly) whether it was done by LE, a suggestion by an advisor, or done after-the-fact while Z was kinda suspected.

But I wonder if Steven may have had contact with someone else with a drug record. He may not have known it, but what if that person was in a position to ask Steven to do "a favor"?

Ann Marie isn't the girl he broke up with at the time I was referring. It might have been the girl he regretted not persuing more but I don't know. I looked Ann up on Facebook and she doesn't look very familiar. I might have met her once but it's been too long. He had a group of friends a couple years ago and I thought he was referring to one of those girls.

It's been a year since I saw him so take my comments as a reference only. The past year in St. George might have improved his well being. Keep in mind these troubles I've mentioned started mostly around 2008. Before then he was very happy and not so concerned financially.

Hey Everyone,
It's been a while since I've actually posted here, but I do have some things to say. First, thanks for your continued interest! This has been a long two, almost three, months and it's so nice to have people who still care.

(gentle snippage because I'm sure everyone read what Naegle wrote!

Thank you!

I think a lot of suspicions were removed, by you telling us about your conversation with Webb. Myself, I wish he'd have been a bit more open in January, because what he says, is very logical. Everyone can make up their own mind about what he told you, but he's never pinged my radar ;)

Thanks also for vetting gsmith for us.

We've been lucky to have your participation, as well as the many people who either knew Steven, the family, live in the neighborhood, are LDS...or are just sleuthers working on Steven's case.

I recorded a song of his that seems to talk about the relationship with that gal. The lyrics talk about him being hopeful for a better day even though he hurts now.

Hey!

I was just going back and reading everything you've written, and just caught that about the recording.
Are you saying that you have a recording of Steven, singing a song?

We understand if you want to keep it private, but it would be wonderful to listen to it.

Could you perhaps upload it to a website and give us the URL?

(I am the **very worst** at processing sounds and images, which is why I'm not personally volunteering....but I can put the URL on our website and everyone can listen to it.)

If you can, just post the URL here and we can pick it up.

Naegle - thank you for your recent post.

Thank you for talking with GW. That answers where he was when he made the call and when he got to services.

Please understand that I don't think that is all that happened that morning when he called. A two minute call to say - well keep doing what you are doing - does not pass the smell test to me. However, I will never interfere with emails to anyone.

After all of this time, I am still (figuratively) standing in the street looking around and trying to see where Steven might be....where would he go, what was he thinking, who was he meeting.

I had hoped that GW
knew the answers to those questions. Was there anyone else closer to Steven who might have known
what was happening that Sunday morning?

Again, thank you.

Naegle,
Thanks for speaking with GW. It's nice to at least know his side of the story. I guess at this point we can either choose to believe or disbelieve it. It's just nice to hear his side. I wish he would have come out sooner. I know I would have, if I had read the things on here (assuming he was on here) that people were saying about me and I knew them to be false. I guess we all handle things differently though.

Since gsmith has come over I have a different picture of what Steven was/is like than how I had pictured him previously. I think he went to RV after the temple to find AN. Based on his view of god telling him what he needed to do, I think maybe he prayed at the temple and in his mind he got an answer that he needed to give AN another chance. In my mind it is illogical to leave St George immediately after the temple and head straight to her parents house. Based on the picture that gsmith has painted, I don't think that it would be illogical in Steven's mind.

I don't know how this correlates to him showing up in Vegas and disappearing though. I think like Laytonian has said before, "we are trying to make logic out of the illogical."

I think I'm stumped now more than ever. I'm starting to lean more towards a random act that lead to his disappearance. I don't think he ended up in Vegas randomly. I think what happened in Vegas was random. I think if we were able to ask Steven why he was in Vegas he would give an explanation that makes as much sense as him driving to RV late at night.
:banghead:

I also asked him about what the ward has done since Steven disappeared. He said that every week some of them take more flyers and post them around St George and in some of the LDS ward houses. I think what they are doing is perfect. They aren't creating sensational stories to get on the news and I thank them for that. We don't want a media circus because that just promotes rumors and speculation. Speculation belongs here, not in the press.

That being said STOP emailing GW. He isn't hiding. He's just trying to do the right thing by not spreading rumors.

BBM

Two things Naegle. Not to belittle the ward but Steven vanished in Vegas, not St. George. I am not sure what good posting flyers in St. George is.

Second, this goes back to something I commented on very early and that was the cultural reluctance of some in the LDS community to "gossip". For heaven's sake, If GW heard from someone that Steven liked to do ___________ or like to go _____________ (fill in the blanks, it does not really matter), for purposes of helping to find him, why not just say it? It is not like GW is vouching for the truth of the statement.

The fact that something is rumor, gossip or hearsay does not make it false. Rumor, gossip and/or hearsay properly investigated has led to the discovery of missing persons, dead bodies and criminal suspects.

If you would Naegle, ask GW outright what rumor, gossip or hearsay he has heard about Steven. It is not like you have to tell a newspaper. If they were really friends, he should talk. If the family really loves Steven, they will listen, whether or not either believes them to be true. In fact, take it as a challenge to disprove, if you can, whatever these unspoken rumors are.

Hey!

I was just going back and reading everything you've written, and just caught that about the recording.
Are you saying that you have a recording of Steven, singing a song?

We understand if you want to keep it private, but it would be wonderful to listen to it.

Could you perhaps upload it to a website and give us the URL?

(I am the **very worst** at processing sounds and images, which is why I'm not personally volunteering....but I can put the URL on our website and everyone can listen to it.)

If you can, just post the URL here and we can pick it up.

Sure. He was writing this song and I wanted to record it just for fun. He didn't have words for it so in 10 minutes he wrote the lyrics. It was around the time he broke up with that girl. I love to record music and kind of forced him into it. He always like to jam but he knew he wasn't amazing or anything. In the chorus he really pounded the chords so it was hard to tame the guitar in the recording.

Here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/358979774/felt_like_this.mp3

Go to free user and wait a minute to download. It's 6mb.

While I personally would not email GW because to me that has always been the job of LE, BUT for those who do not share in my views, if it was just emailing, I don't really see why he or yourself Naegle would be upset. Emails don't have to be read, are free and can be deleted or blocked. Just a thought because I get the sense that he and yourself are upset about this. Now if people were stalking him at work or outside his house, by all means!

I would like to know how it was determined that GW would not make it to the meeting in the ward. Did he call the men? And if he did, why didn't he tell them that he already talked to Steven. This would seem logical, "Hey guys I am on my way back from Vegas and can't make the meeting, already talked to Steven and he can't either. Hopefully EQ won't be missed." I am just speculating on how the conversation "logically" would have gone. How did the men at the PEC meeting find out GW would not be there?

So are we assuming that Saturday night, GW had no contact with Steven in Las Vegas? With all the information that Smith has given us about Steven in the past, I think that GW, being a good friend, would certainly have some great insight into who Steven is now! Does he still do the “pauses”; did he talk about certain women? Did he ever mention Vegas to you…especially since you were there that weekend, I would think it came up.

IMO there is a lot to learned from GW…even if he’s not a lead in this case, I think it’s “criminal” (I use the term loosely in this context) not to be more forthcoming with information that could potentially aid in finding his good friend.

Sure. He was writing this song and I wanted to record it just for fun. He didn't have words for it so in 10 minutes he wrote the lyrics. It was around the time he broke up with that girl. I love to record music and kind of forced him into it. He always like to jam but he knew he wasn't amazing or anything. In the chorus he really pounded the chords so it was hard to tame the guitar in the recording.

Here it is:

Wow! WOW! is all I can say at this moment...

So is this you singing SK's song?

Do we know if GW and SK were really great friends, or just two people that were involved in a lot of activities together?

Would GW and SK be the type to watch the Super Bowl together, go out for a drink, etc.? Or strictly ward activities?

SK and GW are not Facebook friends... not that FB is the friendship verifier, but still.

Do we know if GW and SK were really great friends, or just two people that were involved in a lot of activities together?

Would GW and SK be the type to watch the Super Bowl together, go out for a drink, etc.? Or strictly ward activities?

SK and GW are not Facebook friends... not that FB is the friendship verifier, but still.

He picked him to be his first counselor, and GW has said "good friend" when originally talking to reporters. In the pictures from the ward dinner in December, they are also together in the food line and eating dinner. Other than that...I guess we don't really know.

Here it is:

Thank you!

Here's an unbiased opinion: my daughter walked into the room while it was playing, and she said "What song is that?". I didn't tell her, and asked her "What do you think?" -- and she said it was better than a lot of stuff John Mayer sings ;)

I think it's honest and sweet. IS THAT STEVEN SINGING, OR YOU?

He told someone "the guitar would ruin his life". I think it may have been the opposite. I think that's what he really wanted to do. Write music, play guitar, sing.

No that is all Steve. His voice and his guitar.

I forgot to mention he had a podcast. He once interviewed me and I have the interview saved. I can cut out my boring rubbish and leave his voice in so you can hear him talking. I'll get it posted later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg