NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A car could go Portsmouth Creek to Laurel Heights if the driver wanted to hide from the cameras on the corner. Just wanted to say that before Laytonian mentioned it.

I think about what would be the behavioral changes of the individual(s) involved with Steven. If something happened in one of the SCA houses, would you expect the person to leave?
If he/she were a renter, the leaving would be easier - so I have been watching the map on our timeline. The only new rental is on Savannah Springs - and that does not feel right.
The other properties are the same...foreclosures....including the one that the realtor pulled his/her car in front of while Steven was walking.
Going back to living in an HOA community in Florida, I knew almost nothing of what went on in the neighborhood - and the houses were about 10 -14 feet apart - and the reason was that the builders have one window on one side of the house and no windows on the other side.
The windows were placed on the back of the house....actually almost across the back of the house with one or two windows in the front (in bedrooms). The houses all looked different, but all were planned with pools or lanai's across the back....surrounded with plantings.
I would never have seen anyone walking along the street unless I happened to leave at the very same time.

...and that's exactly the situation in SCA. The homes are built to maximize the number they can put on the land, and that's why there's so many strange roads, too.

You might not see someone walking on the street BUT, over a period of time (with everything so close), you know what's going on in all the neighboring homes. Plus, SCA has that security patrol checking on the unoccupied homes.

If you look at that Evening Twilight neighborhood across Anthem Parkway, the homes are half the size (long and skinny) and even closer together. That area IS part of Anthem, but we don't know if it's part of Sun City.

If Mr. Security shared many tapes with the family, how do you suppose any other car would not have been noticed on his tapes. And, if Steven were leaving in a car, wouldn't the car show Steven in the passenger seat?

I think if they were avoiding Mr Security's videos on the way OUT, they'd avoid them on the way IN. If they're trying to "hide" Steven and his car, they certainly wouldn't parade him in front of known security cameras.

Whether another (related) car would show leaving on the video, depends on where it came from and which direction it was pointed.

If I was viewing those videos, I'd want to see who pulled INTO the neighborhood during the past 24 hours.

The only connection I can think of would be if the Brazilian connection caused Steven to be involved in trying to advocate on such a person's behalf, and the person running the illegal operation took exception to it.

How would he have found out about it? Progresso Soup tin-can phone? ;)

On one level, I can see him trying to DATE a Brazilian and then move to that country, but why would there be any mystery surrounding that ... and why would he be driving to Northern Nevada three days before?

How would he have found out about it? Progresso Soup tin-can phone? ;)

On one level, I can see him trying to DATE a Brazilian and then move to that country, but why would there be any mystery surrounding that ... and why would he be driving to Northern Nevada three days before?

I was thinking along the much more mundane line that a family he knew in Brazil might have contacted him and asked him to drop by to check on a family member who they were worried about...but your idea is much more interesting :D

I was thinking along the much more mundane line that a family he knew in Brazil might have contacted him and asked him to drop by to check on a family member who they were worried about...but your idea is much more interesting :D

BBM
Actually carbuff, I like that idea and it would seem like something Steven would do. He may have been asked in person by an LDS member, and he would be in a position to tell GW that he could return to St. George if he
needed him....and then come back to check on the family member later.

I know there is no proof of this but there is no proof of many things we
talk about. Thank you.

BBM
Actually carbuff, I like that idea and it would seem like something Steven would do. He may have been asked in person by an LDS member, and he would be in a position to tell GW that he could return to St. George if he
needed him....and then come back to check on the family member later.

I know there is no proof of this but there is no proof of many things we
talk about. Thank you.

OK, now please don't think I'm trying to quash this idea. I'm just trying to figure it out. Test it a bit, and see if we can make it work beyond the "What if..?" stage.

This is what I understand you and carbuff are saying:

In an SCA residence, there is a Brazilian person in need of help (being held prisoner or for slave labor).
Somehow, the information leaks to an LDS member (in Henderson or St George?)
Rather than notifying their bishop or calling the police, they tell someone else who selects Steven to go to Henderson NV and "deal with it".
So Steven (using written directions of some sort) drives to that location, parks far away, walks to that address with a portfolio/jacket under his arm, knocks on the door hoping to run away with the captive to his car parked on another street, but confronts the hostage-takers instead and meets a bad end?

OK. I understood it wrongly. I'd send in Rambo, not Steven ;)

Flesh it out for me, OK?

Laytonian...I cannot even begin to answer that post. My thoughts were and are very simple. :innocent: I cannot make them that complex just to talk about what might have happened.

Anyone, a male or female, LDS or not, could have told Steven that a family member in Brazil is concerned about a sister, cousin, aunt, niece...who has been working in the Henderson and is not answering emails, phone calls, letters.....and Steven says....I'll go check on her.

And Steven has not been back.

These statements are not real....they are just thoughts....perhaps a scenerio....started by carbuff....and I understand how it might work. :)

I do think whatever happened started in St. George and ended in
Henderson.

Laytonian...I cannot even begin to answer that post. My thoughts were and are very simple. :innocent: I cannot make them that complex just to talk about what might have happened.

Anyone, a male or female, LDS or not, could have told Steven that a family member in Brazil is concerned about a sister, cousin, aunt, niece...who has been working in the Henderson and is not answering emails, phone calls, letters.....and Steven says....I'll go check on her.

And Steven has not been back.

These statements are not real....they are just thoughts....perhaps a scenerio....started by carbuff....and I understand how it might work. :)

I do think whatever happened started in St. George and ended in
Henderson.

I agree with you 100%: it started in St George. I'm not totally convinced it didn't end in St George, with someone "dumping" the car far away to distract from what happened. It's actually the most simple scenario -- because there's lots of people who could have knowledge of that parking spot. Steven's actually at the bottom of any list, unless someone gave him directions - and we have to link someone to that neighborhood. We've got an N family across the Parkway, but we never heard back if they were related. We have a B family (same name as landlord) about two miles away. We have the owner of an EL home who owns another home in Anthem...near where one of our "similar cases" lived but can't come up with a connection to Steven.

I love reading all scenarios. I'm just hoping we can find THE scenario that doesn't have any "and buts" to it. THAT will be the answer.

AND...I know my "that's not Steven in the video" scenario isn't popular either ;)

In reference to the Home Depots and Best Buys, they built a new Home Depot in the north part of town off of North 5th and the 215 (the 215 circles almost the whole town now) and the Best Buy is off of Decatur and 215...a few exits down from North 5th.

Still so baffling, of all places to park he choses an "active adult" place like SCA. So I agree, someone isn't talking. I also still wonder if he was even the one that went all those places they traced him to or did he disappear way before and that isn't him in the videos.

Still so baffling, of all places to park he choses an "active adult" place like SCA. So I agree, someone isn't talking. I also still wonder if he was even the one that went all those places they traced him to or did he disappear way before and that isn't him in the videos.

Thank you. That's the big elephant in the room, in this case. Why there?

As for sightings:
Dec 10th:
Apparently, the N family in Ruby Valley recognized him.
Dec 11th:
Someone was shown his picture, after he helped the two locked-out kids.
Dec 12th:
We're still working to confirm the mysterious Bishop D dinner/party sighting.
The landlady posted that neighbor JS saw "Steven and his car" late on this date.

But after 10:15am PST Dec 13th, apparently no one talked to Steven.
It's almost two hours later, when the "walking figure" is seen on the video.

Steven's family thinks it's him. His friend gsmith thinks its him. But that figure (to me) looks thinner than Steven's recent photos.

If we're talking KISS, something happened to Steven and someone else (familiar with enough with SCA to find that spot) left the car.

If I were going to do another search for Steven, I'd look in the hills surrounding his home in St George, not the hills surrounding SCA.

-------------
If we had a map of the cellphone towers his phone connected to, we'd be able to eliminate lots of things. Or not. Maybe someone knew his voice well enough, to hold short conversations with the church folks?

OK, tell me where I'm wrong. Really.

I agree with you 100%: it started in St George. I'm not totally convinced it didn't end in St George, with someone "dumping" the car far away to distract from what happened. It's actually the most simple scenario -- because there's lots of people who could have knowledge of that parking spot. Steven's actually at the bottom of any list, unless someone gave him directions - and we have to link someone to that neighborhood. We've got an N family across the Parkway, but we never heard back if they were related. We have a B family (same name as landlord) about two miles away. We have the owner of an EL home who owns another home in Anthem...near where one of our "similar cases" lived but can't come up with a connection to Steven.

I love reading all scenarios. I'm just hoping we can find THE scenario that doesn't have any "and buts" to it. THAT will be the answer.

AND...I know my "that's not Steven in the video" scenario isn't popular either ;)

bbm

Which case?

That opens up another whole can of worms.

bbm

Which case?

That opens up another whole can of worms.

Goodwin. It's on our "similar cases" page (scroll down to the bottom of the timeline page and you'll see the link to it).

Four of us worked for three days on that page, and it's overlooked.

I agree that a search ought to be done in St George. The area where Steven lived, there are a lot of rolling hills around the area.

The body that was found several years ago of the young woman I was talking about, was near St. Greorge. There were searches, and she was not found by the searches, but by the person that helped put her body there.

We talked about it at length last night; Jaxon (the reporter) was even here with us. He says the story reposted as new on the website, because he corrected a typo. We were glad he did.

He also told us that he'll be doing an update on the case, soon.

Oopsie! I'll go back and catch up now ;)

Goodwin. It's on our "similar cases" page (scroll down to the bottom of the timeline page and you'll see the link to it).

Four of us worked for three days on that page, and it's overlooked.

I've read that page. I just needed a reminder. I appreciate the time involved creating it. Had a memory lapse. :crazy:

I've read that page. I just needed a reminder. I appreciate the time involved creating it. Had a memory lapse. :crazy:

Hey, I forget about it, too. It's one of those things we put together, and haven't had to work on since. Gladly, because we don't want another missing person down there.

I agree that a search ought to be done in St George. The area where Steven lived, there are a lot of rolling hills around the area.

The body that was found several years ago of the young woman I was talking about, was near St. Greorge. There were searches, and she was not found by the searches, but by the person that helped put her body there.

....and there's so much open space. If the "isn't Steven" theory is correct, he could be anywhere between St George and Henderson. 1-3/4 hours between the last phone call and the video, is plenty of time to do something.

As far as that goes , since we saw him on video, he could be anywhere. Since voicemail was called (if it was him) till car was found , heck who knows where he could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961