GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are being followed get to a police station......
lay on the horn to get attention from others and possibly attract attention from LE but to have them follow you home -- not something to teach your young son or daughter MOO
Exactly what is always advised for anyone to do....never let the perpetrator(s) know where you live!

Something isn't quite adding up here as to the occupants of the vehicle, such as other than them arguing with her and following her home, did they threaten her and her daughter at the time of the collision? Did she know they had a weapon in the car? Curious why she felt she was in imminent danger to phone her son and he came out with the gun but didn't call 911.

MOO

LE takes stalking pretty seriously and following a car after road rage is stalking......

if other car was following her due to damage....she could call in the accident report to LE and explain her fear etc.... this whole thing seems to be covering up something MOO

LOL, this is crazy. Now the reward car isn't a Camaro, it's an El Camino?

http://www.mynews3.com/mostpopular/...th-car-offered-as/dKzMLz1R1kKT-LXJ884QTA.cspx

I hate to criticize really, but who is going to consider that an incentive?

I am confused that there is an incentive being offered at all given that crime stoppers has a reward system ...... and crimestoppers was mentioned in the most recent TV8 report uphthread......

I thought rewards were incentives when leads were few.

I am confused that there is an incentive being offered at all given that crime stoppers has a reward system ...... and crimestoppers was mentioned in the most recent TV8 report uphthread......

I thought rewards were incentives when leads were few.

You would be amazed at how this story unfolded since Thursday night. The husband called a local TV station with the BREAKING NEWS while en route from LA to LV. He made a statement about crime and taking back the city. He had a press conference Friday morning to announce they were pulling the plug, then came out later in the day to say the doctors told him he had to wait 48 hours to see if there was any improvement. (I know he wasn't anxious for her to die but it looked really awkward.) He called local media several times Saturday to tell them she was dead, then changed it to "as good as dead" or something like that. Media savvy, he is not.

She looks like a nice lady and I'm very sorry for the family's loss, but turning a personal tragedy into a media sensation is probably in not in anyone's best interest.

JMO

I feel so badly for the poor victim that her husband is so damned awkward with the press. She is getting lost in his clownish behavior. And that is tragic. :rose:

as far as the go........me $ raisers, victims of crime ((and their families)) are eligible for immediate assistance for funeral costs.

the victims services of the Las Vegas PD would be available to the family

http://voc.nv.gov/VOC/VOC_Home/

the 20 yr old and 23 yr old ..... aren't minors

kids are older - so no daycare expenses.......

grief counselling would be available to the family too

so why the $ raiser???

Tammy Meyers Road Rage Slaying: Cops Hunt for Suspect - NBC News.com

1 hour ago

(snip)

Tammy Meyers had been teaching one of her teenage daughters to drive at a local high school parking lot when she took the wheel to drive home, her family said. That's when she almost had a collision with a man in a four-door gray or silver sedan, Las Vegas Metropolitan police said. The car followed Meyers home and then someone inside opened fire, hitting her in the head. Meyers' son, who was alerted to he incident by his sister, had also rushed outside and shot at the sedan before it peeled away. Meyers was taken to the hospital, and her husband made the decision on Valentine's Day to remove her from life support. A candlelight vigil will be held in Meyers' memory at the high school on Tuesday night.

Embedded video & More@Link
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/tammy-meyers-road-rage-slaying-cops-hunt-suspect-n307496

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we heard this story on the news when it broke over the weekend, I said to my DH, "or maybe there is more to the story." He suggested I read here too much and yet, lo and behold I am not the only one who felt something wasn't quite right as reported originally. I can hope this was an "innocent" road rage killing (meaning nothing more nefarious than uncontrolled aggression, tragic as it is), but I am doubting it. IMO

Description of shooting has changed, I guess? Now being called "follow home-revenge" shooting. (See KTLA tweet within story.)

http://ktla.com/2015/02/16/mother-of-4-fatally-shot-in-follow-home-road-rage-incident-in-las-vegas/

What strikes me as particularly odd is the statement in that article that says this:

Meyers and her daughter drove home and sometime later, the suspect’s vehicle showed up, multiple shots were fired, and Meyers was struck in the head by one round.

BBM. Sometime later the other vehicle showed up? So they didn't actually follow her home? Does that mean they already knew where she lived?

going with that latest story... re showing up "sometime later" - could they have known where she lived because they had exchanged info earlier right after the alleged accident?

Also per the latest - there are now just 3 people in that other car, not 4.

Still feeling something is off here and this is not as it seems.

I am fully confident LE also doubts the story and is investigating more than the driver of the silver car. I'm anxious to see what really happened per LE reports.

Among the more plausible (IMO) theories I've read: CM boyfriend, TM boyfriend, (if any), and other usual suspects.

What strikes me as particularly odd is the statement in that article that says this:

Meyers and her daughter drove home and sometime later, the suspect’s vehicle showed up, multiple shots were fired, and Meyers was struck in the head by one round.

BBM. Sometime later the other vehicle showed up? So they didn't actually follow her home? Does that mean they already knew where she lived?

I agree. She waited outside for them?!
Odd.

Police Say 'Road Rage' Victim Went Looking for Suspect Before Deadly Encounter

Police say a woman fatally shot after an apparent "road rage" incident went looking for the suspect with her armed son, and was likely not followed home immediately after the road encounter, as was previously thought.

Police now believe it was only after Tammy Meyers and her 22-year-old son went out and found the suspects Thursday that they were apparently followed home, said Lt. Ray Steiber, who is in charge of the homicide division at the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-vic...age-incident/story?id=29018018&cid=fb_abcn_sf

There definitely seems to be more to this incident than was originally reported.

http://m.mynews3.com/display/11726/story/6856f59fdffeb68ae8e1c2d44aba0d3b

Updated. More to the story.

LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) -- Details in the road-rage-related death of a Las Vegas woman who was shot outside her house took a dramatic turn Tuesday.

The investigation centers on what Tammy Meyers and her children did in the minutes before bullets flew.

In a news conference, Metro Homicide Lt. Ray Steiber said Tammy Meyers and her 22-year-old son had gone looking for the other car involved.

Meyers had been giving her 15-year-old daughter driving lessons Thursday night at Johnson Middle School.

After they left the school parking lot, Meyers was showing her daughter how to merge and change lanes when another driver apparently became upset. He pulled around their car and slowed down.

As Meyers passed the other car, her daughter honked the horn, Steiber said.

Meyers drove her daughter to their house on Mount Shasta Circle and told her to wake up her brother so they could find the other car. He came out of the house with a gun registered to him.

Meyers and her son left the cul-de-sac and found the other car. The driver followed them to their home. Steiber said gun shots were fired in front of the Meyers’ house. When the shooting ended, Meyers’ son saw his mom lying on the ground, a gunshot in her head.

Only after the shots were fired was Metro alerted to the altercation. Meyers was taken to a hospital where she died Saturday.

The suspect fled the area in a silver sedan. Witnesses said three people were inside. The driver was identified as a white man, 6 feet tall, and 180 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24