GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a screenshot of the map of Tammy and Brandon's driving route when they left their house in search of mystery car, as specified in the warrant. The blue star is where they found the mystery car. It's a little harder to make out this map unless you click on the link and zoom in, but you can see how far Tammy and Brandon drove in their search for mystery car.

wu3ti9.png

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zL0ttOittWuY.kbPFnegisvw8

I'm going to be blunt here. Going strictly from the warrant, TM hunted down and harassed the people in the silver vehicle, up and down many streets. Even after the silver car retreated several times, TM kept up her relentless hunt. What was she hoping to accomplish? What was she expecting the outcome to be when she and her armed son confronted those people?

I don't doubt BM was waving his gun around at the silver car. And let's be honest, is the only reason TM is dead and not EN or someone else in the silver car only because BM was a lousy shot and/or not as quick on the draw? Probably. They lost the gunfight they sought out. Of course I'm sorry someone is dead, but it's hard to muster up a lot of sympathy for any of the parties involved in this fiasco, I have to be honest.

Yes, EN will probably spend time in jail, as he should. But there are no innocent parties here. At least as things stand now, IMO.

Again, you can't follow someone to their home after they retreated, shoot them and claim self-defense.
If EN managed to shoot them during the first shoot out, then he presumably could claim self-defense.
But once they retreated that's no longer self-defense. BM wasn't shooting during the first shoot out. They didn't find any bullets from his gun on the first scene.

Okay, you've convinced me. I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that mom was giving sis driving lessons and they had a collision with another car and sped away and they got home and the other car pulled up and shot at them and Brandon had been sleeping at home and came out of the house returning fire with his shotgun.

Er... no.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that mom was giving sis driving lessons and another driver sped up behind them then almost sideswiped them.

Er... no... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that the daughter honked at the other driver, and he passed them in the bike lane and then spun out in front of them.

Er.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that after mom and sis got home, mom told Brandon to get his gun and get into the car because she wanted to go out looking for it.

Er.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said they didn't know who the shooter was and helped the police sketch artist produce a sketch that looks nothing like EN.

Er.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said they knew all along it was EN and that TM had spent many hours consoling him, feeding him, and telling him to pull his pants up.

Okay, I have to confess, I'm having trouble. Help me out here. If you believe the Meyers have been truthful, which version of the Meyers' story would you have us believe?

Sonjay! This....is excellent. Which version are we supposed to blindly believe?

Again, you can't follow someone to their home after they retreated, shoot them and claim self-defense.
If EN managed to shoot them during the first shoot out, then he presumably could claim self-defense.
But once they retreated that's no longer self-defense. BM wasn't shooting during the first shoot out. They didn't find any bullets from his gun on the first scene.

Actually I've never claimed that EN shot TM in self-defense. When EN followed TM to their house and shot her it was no longer self- defense, at least not IMO. And I agree, if EN shot her at the first shoot out, it would probably be considered self-defense.

I'm just giving an opinion that is based strictly on what is laid out in the warrant, that TM and her son actively went looking for a gunfight and unfortunately they found it. And they lost.

It's accessory who can get the deal, not the other way around. I don't see prosecution giving EN the deal for turning in his driver, since driver isn't alleged to have been the shooter.

Yet there are potentially things to offer like getting the death penalty taken off the table even for EN.

Yet there are potentially things to offer like getting the death penalty taken off the table even for EN.

I very much doubt this is a death penalty case to begin with.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/husband-defense-team-doubt-vegas-mom-slaying-road-29177753?page=2

ABC News story from about a hour ago and Bob Meyers talking and revealing more new twists.

Excerpts of note......from the article

"Robert Meyers, 49, was out of state when the shooting happened. He said Monday his wife and Nowsch knew each other — well enough for the teen to hitch up his saggy shorts when Tammy Meyers approached him in the neighborhood park, so she wouldn't have to tell him to do so.

....It's not clear if they recognized each other during the shootings.Robert Meyers said Nowsch was probably fam iliar with the family's Buick, but might not have seen it since the windows were tinted dark last summer."....

..."Las Vegas police say Nowsch bragged to his friends several hours after the shooting that he "got those kids, they were after me, and I got them."....

(My side note the cheerful black teen interviewed by media said words to the effect.....I don't think he shot that girl)

Back to the new article for what is just bizarre to me,

...."Tammy Meyers served as a mother figure to youngsters about the same age as her children, now 15 to 22 years old, Meyers said, and two Meyers sons attended high school with Nowsch.

Meyers said that at least once, Tammy Meyers gave the teen $20 when he said he was hungry. Meyers also recalled Nowsch earning pocket money washing cars outside the Meyers family home.

The teen and the neighborhood mom may have seen each other in passing the weekend of Feb. 7-8, when Tammy Meyers walked the family dogs in the park where Nowsch often sat at a picnic bench with other teens, Robert Meyers said.

"Bunch of troublemakers," Robert Meyers said. "I wouldn't allow my kids to hang out with them." But he denied there was any bad blood."....

Ok...so...the kid washed cars outside the Meyer family home for cash.....but BM then states he would not allow his kids to hang out with them??

smh

I very much doubt this is a death penalty case to begin with.

Per the law enforcement..."Nothing is off the table and that includes the death penalty."

Also other 'perks' sometimes offered are type of confinement EN is kept in and what prison (the location does matter). I think in discussions of what he is likely going to endure in prison, sexual assaults and beat downs, where he is housed will wind up meaning a great deal to a 19 year old with his size and build.

LOL, so you think they thought of the funding site and the rest of it right after their mom had been murdered in front of them?

Um, no.
Not "they" but dad had his head spinning on that drive back to Nevada. "IF" a family member was charged because they were involved in criminal activity than those donation dollars would be a big help. Remember how the word "hero" was on everyone's lips in the first day or so? Mom is dead, Erich is safe and warm in his house- how does that translate to hero??

Oh for crying out loud. How is he defending himself?
Meyers drove away from him to their own house. They were not after him at that point. This is getting ridiculous. You can't just follow someone to their house and shoot them, and then claim self-defense.
Holy cow- the family was still banging on EN's door days later! The threat was still alive and kicking, especially if one is on certain drugs. jmo

Per the law enforcement..."Nothing is off the table and that includes the death penalty."

Also other 'perks' sometimes offered are type of confinement EN is kept in and what prison (the location does matter). I think in discussions of what he is likely going to endure in prison, sexual assaults and beat downs, where he is housed will wind up meaning a great deal to a 19 year old with his size and build.

BBM. I don't think DP will be on the table when they finally make a decision. The victim's own family seem to belong to the scenario of the day club. Each day, a new and conflicting story/detail. Most jurors take DP seriously, and probably wouldn't appreciate their creativity. Convict? I don't think so. The state will need to find a charge folks can live with, especially since there are a lot of players who seem to be up to their ears in less than savory activities. Will their "sworn" testimony be believable? Umm. no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther