NV - Tammy Meyers Media & Timeline Thread ***NO DISCUSSION***

Father Defends "Hero" Son Who Took Gun on Fatal Road Rage Hunt With Mother
By Michael Larkin and Robert Kovacik
February 18, 2015

Tammy Meyers, originally from Glendora, was gunned down outside her family's house in Las Vegas last Thursday

[...]
"My son is not an animal, my son is a hero in my book," Tammy's husband, Robert Meyers, said at a vigil Tuesday. "There were mistakes made like every one of us have made in our life, but this particular mistake was made to keep a bigger mistake from happening."

Before the fatal shooting, Tammy had been teaching her 15-year-old daughter how to drive in a nearby school parking lot, Las Vegas police Lt. Ray Steiber told reporters Tuesday. The girl didn't have a learner's permit.

Las Vegas police in standoff with Tammy Meyers road-rage shooting suspect
Alexander Simoah
02/19/2015 10:38:00

A suspect wanted in the death of a mother-of-four who was fatally shot outside her house after a road rage incident has been taken into custody following a tense police standoff.

Police Captain Chris Tomaino said the suspect was arrested around 2pm at a Las Vegas home just a block from where 44-year-old Tammy Meyers lived.

Her husband showed up at the scene and yelled: 'That's the animal, a block away.'

SWAT teams had surrounded the home and taken the suspect into custody. They are being taken to police headquarters to be interviewed.

The suspect has not been identified by police and authorities will not say how they are believed to be related to the shooting of Meyers last Thursday.

Police report: Road rage killing suspect told friends he shot someone
9:23PM Friday
February 20, 2015

LAS VEGAS (CNN) - The man police have accused of gunning down a Las Vegas woman after an apparent road rage incident confided in two friends hours after the shooting that he had shot someone, according to a police report released Friday.

The two friends told police that Erich Milton Nowsch had texted one of them after the incident and asked if he could come over. He said he had important news, one of the witnesses told police.

Nowsch described two shootings to the friends and told them people in a green car were out to get him.

One of the witnesses told investigators that the 19-year-old suspect said he "got those kids. They were after me, and I got them."

Police: Suspect bragged about Las Vegas road-rage killing
The Associated Press - By By KEN RITTER - Associated Press
February 20, 2015 11:37pm

[...]
According to investigators, Nowsch portrayed the Meyers family as the aggressors, saying he saw someone in their car waving a gun out the window at him.

"Got those kids. They were after me, and I got them," he was quoted as telling friends.

Nowsch remained jailed Friday on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and firing a gun from a vehicle. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.

Authorities continued to search for a second suspect, apparently the driver of the car in which Nowsch was said to be riding.

Vegas 'Road Rage' Shooting: Suspect Vowed to 'Come Back for You and Your Daughter,' Teen Says
Feb 20, 2015, 4:35 PM ET
By EMILY SHAPIRO via World News

Tammy Meyers' teenage daughter told police the man she and her mother encountered near their Las Vegas home in an apparent "road rage" incident got out of the driver's seat and said, "I'm gonna come back for you and your daughter," according to a police warrant issued today.

After they arrived home, Meyers' son Brandon, 22, then "told his mother to come in the house and call the police; but she told him no, come with me or I will go by myself," police say of the family's effort to find the other driver.

Authorities say the mother and son searched for the driver, and that's when the suspect allegedly followed them home and shot Meyers in her driveway, according to police. Tammy Meyers died Saturday at the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada.

more at the link
Vegas police, family defend mom killed in road-rage shootout
By KEN RITTER
Associated Press
(no date, approx Feb 18-19)

[...]
"She figured that this person was speeding, and needed to be corrected. Right or wrong, she beeped the horn," Steiber said.

The man then blocked their car, got out and said "some words" that "frightened Mrs. Meyers and her daughter, at which time Mrs. Meyers sped past him" and went home, Steiber said.

"Here's what happens when she gets home," the lieutenant continued. "Mrs. Meyers is scared, but she's upset. She tells her daughter to go wake up her son, 22, to wake him up and have him come outside and get in the car with her so later they can find who frightened them and her daughter out on the roadway."

"They left the house in search of that person," Steiber said, and found a grey or silver four-door sedan matching the description of the car in the earlier confrontation. She followed the "suspect vehicle," then they broke apart and she drove home. Then the vehicle came into their cul-de-sac.

"There was a volley of rounds fired from that vehicle," and Brandon Meyers "returned fire," the officer said. "When the firing was done, he found that his mother had been struck by gunfire. The suspect vehicle then backed out and sped away. That's what happened. Tammy is a victim."

more at the link

Twists, turns, questions in deadly Las Vegas road rage case
3:53PM Thursday
February 19, 2015

"She was getting a driving lesson, so she figured that this person was speeding and ... needed to be corrected," said Steiber. "Right or wrong, she beeped the horn."

That got the other driver's attention: He pulled in front of the Meyers' car, stopped, then walked back toward the mother and daughter.

He said something to them -- exactly what hasn't been stated publicly -- but Meyers and her daughter aren't believed to have responded, according to the detective.

[...]
Las Vegas detectives have given a slightly different version of events than Meyers' husband, saying the mother drove home to pick up her armed son and went back out to look for the suspect and his car.

According to Steiber, "at one point Mrs. Meyers was following what we consider a suspect vehicle. And then, at another point, they broke apart and Mrs. Meyers went home."

The detective said that the second encounter happened at least 5 minutes after Meyers went home the first time and everything unfolded "within a couple blocks" of each other.

In this video there is more information about taking her off of life support. Yesterday, someone made a post that said it Bob was ready to off her and pull the plug, but the docs said to let her try for another 48 hours. This video tells us they were able to bring in a new doctor to work with her to try give her a few more days to see if they could save her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvGm0Z9y40s

Las Vegas 'road rage' suspect's lawyer says client may have been target
ABC News 11:23 a.m. EST February 23, 2015

[...]
Erich Nowsch Jr. is charged with murder, attempted murder and illegal discharge of a gun in the death of Tammy Meyers. He was arrested Thursday.

Defense attorney Conrad Claus said Nowsch -- not Meyers -- may have been the target the night of the shooting, Feb. 12.

"The facts seem to point to self-defense in this situation," Claus told ABC News in an exclusive interview. "It seems to explain the facts we have in front of us more sensibly than any other explanation."
Road rage case sees new twist
Man charged in road rage death of Tammy Meyers
UPDATED 7:05 PM CST Feb 24, 2015

[...]
But Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson, interviewed Tuesday night on Erin Burnett OutFront, said he doesn't think self-defense is a factor in the shooting.

"I don't see that in this case," he said.

Wolfson said authorities are looking for the person who was driving the car in which Nowsch was riding, and possibly a third person who was in the car.

"This was a drive-by shooting. He shot out of a moving vehicle," Wolfson said. "The driver has certain culpability."

[...]
The victim and the suspect knew each other -- a fact the family knew but police say they only found out the day of the arrest.

Nowsch's attorneys drop bombshell in court
2 hours ago
[...]
His attorneys told a judge they want to test Meyers' body for gunshot residue. They want to know if she, or anyone around her, fired a gun the night of Feb. 12.

Nowsch's attorneys say they must rely on the physical evidence in the case because the witness accounts don't add up .

[...]

The requested Gun Shot Residue test, or GSR, would help serve that purpose, his attorneys claim.

"The hope is, or was rather, it would illuminate where she was in relation to the shooting," said attorney Augustus Claus. "Or if she might have been some how a participant in it."
Augustus Claus wants a GSR swab completed on Meyers' remains. He said it would help corroborate witness accounts.

However, something else was revealed to Nowsch's attorneys.
"It is my understanding that Tammy Meyers, may have in fact, been returned to the family," said Claus. "Obviously, no testing can be done at that point, either through contamination or just out right funeral rights having been completed."
The defense attorneys have said they are putting prosecutors on notice - that if any physical evidence was lost or destroyed they are going to hold it against them.
(snip)
The judge agreed to another hearing, so Nowsch and his attorneys are scheduled to be back in court on Friday.
More@Link

http://m.8newsnow.com/article.html#!/2336/16bc7bde732f0cf0baf1fc32310e4f07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas mom's body returned to family with no defense testing - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

(snip)
Deputy District Attorney Christopher Hamner told a Las Vegas judge on Friday that 44-year-old Tammy Meyers' body was no longer at the Clark County coroner's office.

That made moot a defense request to conduct tests to see if Meyers or someone near her fired a gun before she died.

(snip)

They (The Claus Brothers) say they want to investigate every possible angle in the fatal Feb. 12 shooting, including whether Meyers had a gun.

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/s...to-family-with-no/n454i08ZtkWxQmxy2s_e6A.cspx

This story was filed last night and updated at 06:08am this morning.

The embedded video is a must watch.

Suspect's attorneys: Defense hindered by roadblocks - Las Vegas MyNews3 - KSNV
LAS VEGAS (KSNV My News 3) –Attorneys for the teenager accused of killing a Las Vegas mother of four complained Thursday that their efforts to get information from authorities are being blocked.

Augustus Clause, attorney for Erich Nowsch, 19, told Judge Conrad Hafen he wants the district attorney to be more selective in issuing subpoenas. He is challenging some of the state’s subpoenas.

Clause said he wants to remove obstacles to getting information such as the 911 recordings and the toxicology report on Tammy Meyers, whom Nowsch is accused of shooting. He insisted the defense is not getting a fair shake in obtaining records from Metro.

Embedded video & More@Link
http://www.mynews3.com/mostpopular/...as-shooting-court/_jV9b32rDEClYg3j6KyFYA.cspx

This February 27th, 10:00 PM article discusses the abuse head injury as a possible defense:

Head injury to Vegas shooting suspect as child could be used by defense

Attorney Augustus Claus said he wants to investigate the extent and effect of the injury on Nowsch before deciding whether to use it in his client's murder defense.

"Obviously, an injury like that has potential for long-term consequences," Claus said.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson will consider Nowsch's childhood injury while deciding whether to seek the death penalty against him.

Dr. Jeffrey Max, neuropsychiatric research director at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, said a doctor evaluating Nowsch would consider the severity of the injury, Nowsch's personal and family psychiatric history, evidence of defiance, mood swings and violent or impulsive behavior, and even his family income level.

His father's actions would also come into play, Max said.

"The head injury could be one component of multiple risk factors," Max said. "It could suggest he had a multitude of factors himself, and a genetic risk toward violence."

The baby was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas and diagnosed with a right parietal skull fracture, severe bruising on his back and a handprint bruise on his left buttock, according to an Oct. 9, 1995, police report.

Following timeline that Sonjay was kind enough to put together:

As an mental exercise, I put together a simple timeline of events in this case, omitting from the timeline the untruths told by the Meyers family -- in an attempt to see what the bare bones of the event look like without the confusion of the Meyers deceptions. I did include some of what EN told his friends, as their interviews with police seem credible. I also included some of the later revelations when we learned that the Meyerses had not been truthful or forthcoming about that night, but as to the events on the night of Feb. 12, I stuck to the barebones outline of what we know to be true or are reasonably certain is true.

Here 'tis:

========================================
Night of the shooting:
Feb. 12 - Around 11:20 to 11:30 pm

EN sees Meyers green car in school parking lot, thinks someone is after him, calls friend with silver car to come pick him up.

EN sees someone in green car with a gun.

Green car chases silver car.

Silver car stops during chase and EN fires at green car. EN in silver car fires several times at green car; green car does not fire at silver car.

Green car drives to Meyers cul de sac. Silver car follows it to cul de sac.

Gunfire is exchanged. EN fires from passenger seat of silver car, firing at someone at the car and at someone running toward the house. BM, standing in cul de sac, fires at silver car. TM is hit. Silver car leaves. 911 is called.

========================================
Subsequent Events:

Feb. 13 around 3-3:30am - EN visits his friends, tells them about the shooting, tells them he "got those kids, they were after me and I got them."

Feb. 14 - TM is taken off life support and dies. Police release sketch of suspect. It's not clear whether sketch is the shooter or the driver of the silver car, but is a "suspect." It's not stated by police which of the Meyerses provided the description for the sketch.

Feb. 15 - RM visits EN's house, wanting to talk to him

Feb. 17 - EN is picked up on unrelated juvie warrant, is questioned about Meyers shooting, denies any involvement, is released. It is revealed that BM was in green car while it was chasing silver car.

Feb. 18 - police talk to EN's friends, who tell police what EN told them the night of the shooting.

Feb. 19 - EN is arrested. He is a neighbor of Meyers family, and Meyers family knows him, knew it was him all along, and TM knew him well. Police say they didn't know until today that Meyers family knew EN. EN doesn't look like suspect sketch, police say they're still looking for another suspect but say they are not looking for the person in the sketch. Police refuse to say more about the sketch or why it doesn't resemble EN or who it's a sketch of.

Thank you Sonjay!

http://youtu.be/wj16j-prsws

Early newscast video where 14 yr old daughter is to have indicated that the two passengers were black in subcompact car -- there were two passengers and a driver (blond spikey hair).

This newscast indicates via RM that there were two bullets that struck TM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back