Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Just something to add regarding the clothing sizes. I live in the U.K. the majority of shops here only stock clothes from size 8 upwards. Our sizes are very different from American sizes. Size 10 would be considered small here - in other words you would have to be slim. Also size 6 shoes are what I wear at 5ft 6 inches. Our shoes sizes are also different. I take a size 12 UK size and I am 9stone 8 pounds (not sure what that is in pounds and too lazy to add it up right now, lol)!! Just something to consider. Lee jeans were very popular here too in the early 80's!

MOO

IAWTC, and I'm Australian.

My sister was very skinny and made some of her own clothes because her size was equivalent to a size 6 and most ranges stopped at 8.

Could they be GIRLS jeans as opposed to JUNIORS or WOMENS jeans?

(EDITED TO ADD: well, she might be too tall for girls sizes...)

In today's sizes, a size 10 girls Lee jeans:
54" - 56" tall (4' 6" to 4' 8")
22 1/4" (slim) - 24 1/4" (regular) waist
25 3/8" inseam

(I have a small 17-year-old who is always complaining that even juniors size 0 jeans are too big - she is 5' 3", 105 lbs and a dancer.)

Lee jeans size chart:
http://www.lee.com/wps/wcm/connect/lee-en_us/customer_service/size/girls/

Clothing sizes have migrated drastically since 1982. A size 10 woman in 1982 would have been considered quite slender. A 1982 size 10 is probably about a size 3 in today's sizes.

I went to purchase the report today, went back to her grave. What's odd about her graves location. A few around hers all have my birthday listed as either their date of death or date of birth. I mean a couple different graves, creepy.

Grabbed a picture of some size 10 Lee Riders, modern cut. They were quite big when I held them up. Couldn't find vintage jeans for women though.

He went and used namus!!!!!

Oh man that detective is awesome!!!!

He had no idea about it when I called him the first time!

oh wow they are not playing around with the photos posted. This shines a new light on what she possibly looked like.

"An 11 cm well-healed scar on the abdomen consistent with a C-section scar. Small scar on the left knee, scar on upper right shin, and a scar on the right foot."

Bingo. We have what we were wondering this whole time.

Ok guys, here is what I couldnt tell you. It was posted on here.

On 07/17/1982 at approximately 1330 hours, hikers found the decedent on the East side of Sheep Flats, south of Mt. Rose Highway. She was found lying prone on the ground with defects to the back of her head. Mens underwear had been used to cover the defects. She was clad except for being barefoot. Her livor mortis was still blanching when she was found.

If namus can post it I figure it was alright to forward it here.

Carl, thats awesome! I cant believe it was only posted yesterday! I am just so blown away by all this! I'm going to give the detective a call and see if it was him who had this posted. It looks like the county coroner did.

"Livor mortis starts twenty minutes to three hours after death and is congealed in the capillaries in four to five hours. Maximum lividity occurs within 6-12 hours. The blood pools into the interstitial tissues of the body."

According to the NAMUS link her livor mortis was blanching. So we have either she was shot in really, any time in the last 3 hours. Which is crazy, when I went up there, there were a lot of people. Enough to hear a gun shot and be able to locate a suspect. I wonder how much of a trail it was in that time period. It must have been some sort of recreation place. But how well established?

She also has very unique dentals. She is missing her right lateral incisor (#7), but not the left (#10). Her right canine has come forward to close the gap, so it appears to be either a genetic condition, or a condition that she has had since she was young. She also has a veneer or bonding over her upper-left front tooth (#9).

remember what rinidcella was saying about a cap almost being made instead of pounding the metal into the cavity? That usually this was a less expensive, almost the poor option?

I wonder if the reason she wasnt reported is that she was poor and married someone to get out of Europe.

remember what rinidcella was saying about a cap almost being made instead of pounding the metal into the cavity? That usually this was a less expensive, almost the poor option?

I wonder if the reason she wasnt reported is that she was poor and married someone to get out of Europe.

Mail order bride, cheap domestic labor, something like that?

i wonder if she was a diabetic? ive known some to get real bad sores in their mouths.

I never seen this bad gum diseases, non floss teeth & dirty tongue like that. But I do hope she'll be eventually be ID with the images that they put on NamUS.

The more I look at that, I wonder if it isnt just dirt in her mouth. Theres a lot of it all over her tongue and what not. Her teeth looked chipped and cracked. Maybe from falling face down.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back