Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

Welcome to the new posters.

According to the master list http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?296793-The-List-*NO-DISCUSSION*, David Preston suggested in post 398 has been ruled out.

James Stuart doesn't seem to have ever been submitted, and he looks like a possibility. He should have his own thread. Here's directions for how it works: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?296946-How-This-Forum-Works-*PLEASE-READ*

Gordon Collins is an interesting possibility. Here's his (not very useful) find me page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LetsFindGordonCollins/info?tab=page_info The photo there does bear some resemblance to the UID's reconstruction, especially through the eyes, but the chin seems quite different. I can't find any demographic information to see whether he's tall enough, right age, and all the rest. He should also get his own thread and be investigated further.

There's a good video clip from unsolved mysteries posted in the visitors post section on the find Gordon Collins Facebook page but I can't figure out where it's posted (I.e. YouTube) to post a link. Anyone else want to try?

Probably just a coincidence, but I was really struck by how much Gordon's father reminds me of the reconstruction.

I contacted the County Coroner this weekend and she said that she is going to read over my theory on Monday, one I published at length here:

http://missingpersonscommentary.blogspot.ca/2016/07/my-hunch-on-sand-canyon-road-john-doe.html

Update: the coroner was able to rule out Joseph Anthony Stuart based on dentals. I was excited at first with him as a possible match, but kind of slowly gravitated away to be honest.

"(UncoolNegated)

….quick review of dentals proves it isn’t our guy. Our UP has tooth 32, this MP does not.
Thanks for being so interested in the case, though. We do appreciate it.

Marika

Marika A Morris, D-ABMDI
Medicolegal Death Investigator/Technician
Washoe County Medical Examiner/Coroner's Office"

They're really on top of this case :) Too bad it wasn't Stuart, but good that they got back so promptly.

UncoolNegated,

Please run all requests through me and not the Coroner. I am assigned to this case and it is ultimately me that has to do the work and check dentals when people make random calls to the County Coroner. Thanks for your diligence.

Also, remember, leave the contacting to the detectives here please. It makes things much harder when civilians begin making contact with suspects, other LE agencies, coroner, medical examiner, etc.

Thanks for everyone's hard work.

M.

Is the rule out list on NamUs every single rule out? I know sometimes there's rule outs missing...

UncoolNegated,

Please run all requests through me and not the Coroner. I am assigned to this case and it is ultimately me that has to do the work and check dentals when people make random calls to the County Coroner. Thanks for your diligence.

Also, remember, leave the contacting to the detectives here please. It makes things much harder when civilians begin making contact with suspects, other LE agencies, coroner, medical examiner, etc.

Thanks for everyone's hard work.

M.

Thank you Detective.
This needs to be made a rule on this thread. (I thought it was).
I will alert and ask a Mod to bring it forward.

Thanks for all your work and help.

It's been awhile since I looked at this. Last night I happened to see an episode of Unsolved Mysteries featuring Jack Lutter. He was last seen in 1986. I don't know his age and his picture doesn't look like this guy might, but one of the pictures shown on the program did resemble the NV John Doe. Also, it was stated that he had contacted one of the wives in 2006 - but could that be incorrect? Just wondered if he was on the list as I cannot find it. He had many children who could maybe provide DNA and I think one wife lived in Tahoe. Thanks

WebSleuthers,

Here is the most recent update from us on this case. With the help of Arizona State University, and their amazing forensic sketch artist, we have a potential likeness of the Sand Canyon John Doe. Here you go. One image is black and white and the other is using the victim's hair. This isn't a guess of what our victim looked like this is a scientific recreation (100% more accurate than the clay likeness). Facial Reconstruction Nevada94BW.jpgFRNV94BWcolorhair.jpg

Direct all leads to me via email at mmarty@dps.state.nv.us

Thank you again for all your time and effort on this case.

WebSleuthers,

Here is the most recent update from us on this case. With the help of Arizona State University, and their amazing forensic sketch artist, we have a potential likeness of the Sand Canyon John Doe. Here you go. One image is black and white and the other is using the victim's hair. This isn't a guess of what our victim looked like this is a scientific recreation (100% more accurate than the clay likeness). View attachment 103369View attachment 103370

Direct all leads to me via email at mmarty@dps.state.nv.us

Thank you again for all your time and effort on this case.
Wow! Brilliant! Let's home this drums up more leads soon!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

YOU CAN HEAR TONIGHT'S SHOW AFTER 10:30 PM EASTERN ON SPREAKER RIGHT HERE

Tonight we have a group of incredible guests.

We welcome back filmmakers Josh Zeman and Rachel Mills.

Josh and Rachel will discuss the incredible new docu-series called the Killing Season on A&E. Part of the reason this docu-series is so incredible is it features several of our amazing members of Websleuths.

Also, Josh is going to fill us in on this "creepy clown" problem that has been happening it seems like everywhere. Josh and Rachel are experts on all things weird and creepy.

Take a look at their two documentaries. Cropsy and Killer Legends

Later in the show, we welcome Mike Marty. Detective Marty is with the Nevada Division of Public Safety and has been working on a cold case for many years.

It is a murder case. A young man was found murdered on a hiking trail in 1992. No I.D. No clue as to who killed him and to his identity.

Detective Marty came to Websleuths and showed us a shirt the victim was wearing. He asked us to please try and identify where the shirt was made, who made it, where it was available in 1992. Guess what? Our amazing sleuths did exactly what Detective Marty asked for. Equestrianista was the member who made the actual discovery of the t-shirt.

Now, Detective Marty has a new break in the case and he will discuss the latest with you on True Crime Radio TONIGHT.

Listen to True Crime Radio starting at 10:30 PM Eastern TONIGHT.

Has William Pear been mentioned?

Pear was last seen August 6, 1985 in Morro Bay, CA leaving work. He left all of his personal belongings behind. He was hitchhiking to Long Beach or San Diego.
attachment.php

ETA: Per wenwe4's 12-19-2015 Post #4, under the List - No Discussion thread, he is listed as the following:

-PEAR, William 5'1" 201lbs. ReddishBrwn DOB 1943 MSG 1985 (p74 t2) #299 (Morro Bay, CA) PD Case Number: 85-4939 * no dental, no Namus

Pear is now listed in Namus as MP #30447 There is no DNA sample submitted.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/30447/3

Attachments

• Capture-William Pear.PNG
    Capture-William Pear.PNG
    377.1 KB · Views: 222

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads